🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Musk may fire 75% of current Twitter employees

1666833658008.png

Twitter employees will have no problem finding jobs. The only problem is they will take their Liberal toxicity into whatever companies they work for. But at least it will be diluted instead of concentrated in one huge Social media platform.

Yes this belongs in Politics because there has been no transaction in recent history that has created more political reaction waves than Elon Musk's saga of becoming the primary, even sole owner of Twitter. It is talked about across the internet, on social media, in Congress. . .

And now it is being reported that his intent is to reduce the existing Twitter workforce by 75%. This is an economy move as Twitter currently nets between $1 and $2 billion per year compared to Facebooks almost $40 billion per year.

Those supporting this initiative generally come from the aspect that it will be mostly those scouring Twitter for rightwing accounts to censor or suspend who will be let go. (We don't know that, but that's the scuttlebutt.)

Those opposing it mostly seem to be afraid there won't be as much censorship or suspensions of those account on the right though they never say it quite that way. Their terminology is that there won't be as efficient monitoring of 'harmful' or 'misleading' information which is how they characterize the tweets of MAGA or others on the right.

Some like me would welcome ability for those on the right to exercise free speech without having to be so careful of each word or phrase, but my concern is there won't be censorship of the radical extremists on the right who just tweet insults, slurs, talking points, false memes etc. which are not at all helpful and are often detrimental to the MAGA public image and agenda.

Hopefully this will lead to less bitching about Twitter on the message boards. I doubt it though.

I hope Twitter dies. Horrible thing.
Cant argue with that.

And it is not a surface issue. Twitter is fundamentally designed to be a horrible thing with such gems as: limiting you to just enough characters to be insulting but not enough to make a coherent point, eternalizing every shitty thing that you stupidly popped off about at 3 am and preying on addictive behaviors just to name a few.

Everything about twitter just seems to be designed to make communication as shitty, terrible and ineffective as possible.

Musk is talking out his ass again. Firing 75% of employees would do massive damage to the platform, scare away advertisers, and never turn a profit.
I don't know enough about it to agree or disagree. Whenever I see exact figures being tossed around by people with dubious pasts like Musk..I tend to think they are not thinking it through.

It would seem to me that if you're getting rid of 3 out of 4 employees, those 3 out of 4 employees could find a group of investors and make a competing platform in short order.

This is why Trump's plans for a competing news network, social media platform, steaks, and all of his other failed ventures didn't work...there wasn't a critical mass of persons with expertise ready to join him.

On the other hand....when I drive through Austin and San Francisco, I see a shit load of skyscrapers with Indeed, Google, Roku, etc... on the outside of the buildings.... They probably should shed some staff. 3 out of 4 though? Nope.

I don't know enough about it to agree or disagree. Whenever I see exact figures being tossed around by people with dubious pasts like Musk..I tend to think they are not thinking it through.

It would seem to me that if you're getting rid of 3 out of 4 employees, those 3 out of 4 employees could find a group of investors and make a competing platform in short order.

This is why Trump's plans for a competing news network, social media platform, steaks, and all of his other failed ventures didn't work...there wasn't a critical mass of persons with expertise ready to join him.

On the other hand....when I drive through Austin and San Francisco, I see a shit load of skyscrapers with Indeed, Google, Roku, etc... on the outside of the buildings.... They probably should shed some staff. 3 out of 4 though? Nope.
maybe they can find some billionaire investors like bezos and soros???

maybe they can find some billionaire investors like bezos and soros???

It will likely be a consortium of interests but "Google Messenger" seems to be the most logical fit. Right now you have your PC/Laptop/Phone, perhaps a google account and perhaps a twitter account. Integrating a messenger program into your existing Gmail account seems like a logical step.

Does the world need another platform? Likely not. The headwinds are going to be terrible so integrating it into an existing platform as a useful add-on is likely the play. Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Photos have all worked. Google Messenger? Maybe.

Forum List

Back