Muslim controversy at WOMEN'S World Chess Championship

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Most people don't even know that women have their own chess league, but the ladies insist on it , because they know they can't compete with the men.

US chess champ won't compete for world title if it means wearing a hijab | New York Post

oct 6 2016 After years of playing with pawns and bishops, the reigning queen of US chess finds herself in the biggest stalemate of her career.

Nazi Paikidze, 22, shook up the chess world over the weekend when the US women’s champion announced she’s boycotting the Women’s World Chess Championship in Iran in February instead of complying with the country’s law that women cover up with a hijab. The Russian-born star, who now lives in Las Vegas, told The Post she won’t budge unless FIDE — the world chess federation — moves the competition to a “no-conflict” zone or makes wearing the hijab optional.[/QUO

• Banned
Weird that this young american lady's first name is "Nazi" !!! She was born in russia but i can't believe the name is common there either.

Article has a pic of her. Kinda cute.

161006-chess-champion-feature1.jpg

Considering FIDE's motto is "We are one people", it doesn't surprise me they'd choose Iran to hold the championship.

I tweeted her my support. Terrific lady!

Most people don't even know that women have their own chess league, but the ladies insist on it , because they know they can't compete with the men.

US chess champ won't compete for world title if it means wearing a hijab | New York Post

oct 6 2016 After years of playing with pawns and bishops, the reigning queen of US chess finds herself in the biggest stalemate of her career.

Nazi Paikidze, 22, shook up the chess world over the weekend when the US women’s champion announced she’s boycotting the Women’s World Chess Championship in Iran in February instead of complying with the country’s law that women cover up with a hijab. The Russian-born star, who now lives in Las Vegas, told The Post she won’t budge unless FIDE — the world chess federation — moves the competition to a “no-conflict” zone or makes wearing the hijab optional.[/QUO

Is there nothing the West won't do to try to placate crazy Muslim nations?
Go on, pet the pit bull and smile at it. He will be so nice after that.

• Banned
I've never played chess in my life but i bet i could beat this girl if i studied chess for a week. Girls are so dumb.

Nazi is a name for girls too (short for Nazanin) in the Persian / Farsi language. When referring to someone it can mean cute, cutie, charming, sweet or something along those lines. It doesn't have an exact meaning in English.

This girl could be an Iranian minority living in exile or someone who is an offspring of a mixed marriage. Either way, she is to be applauded and a role model for the entire world. Of course, the left will never make heroes out of people who stand up to Islamic thuggery and chauvanism.

I've never played chess in my life but i bet i could beat this girl if i studied chess for a week. Girls are so dumb.
You could spend your entire life studying chess and she would still crush you with ease.

They're catching up with the men though. There was a time when there were no women chessmasters. Now there are grandmasters like Susan Polgar

Weird that this young american lady's first name is "Nazi" !!! She was born in russia but i can't believe the name is common there either.

Article has a pic of her. Kinda cute.

161006-chess-champion-feature1.jpg
Kinda cute? GORGEOUS! it would be a shame for her to dress in a Muslim Halloween costume.

Good Allah, I HATE the religion of MudHamMud (my piss be upon him)

You could spend your entire life studying chess and she would still crush you with ease.

No way. I'm a man. No girl can beat me at anything.
Pride goeth before a fall.

Once I was in a 10k race. I THOUGHT I was a good runner. I was a little embarrassed when a girl about 5 feet tall passed me so easily. I finished, but she left me in her dust! I couldn't imagine someone so small passing me so easily.

Yeah, there's ALWAYS someone better than you -- at EVERYTHING.

Why in the world would they have the world chess championship in Iran anyway. If they wanted it in a Muslim or middle eastern country, they could have done in Dubai or Qatar. At least the women there aren't forced to wear hijab.

Iran is such an odd place.

If she was standing up to Christians who wanted her to dress like an Amish girl, our media would be all over the story. But the media has now been subjugated by the Islamic Caliphate, and does it's bidding. This story will be ignored.

I'm surprised Coyote hasn't stopped by to assure everyone that Muslims are really swell people, albeit misunderstood, and not all of them are terrorists. Maybe she's losing her touch.... :dunno:

They're catching up with the men though. There was a time when there were no women chessmasters. Now there are grandmasters like Susan Polgar

The feminist movement is 50 years old. They should have caught up with the men long ago. Fact is women simply don't have the ability of men so stop prattling about this giant conspiracy to keep women down.

Forum List

Back