Muslim flight attendant sues over serving alcohol on flights

the only question should be whether or not the company made a reasonable effort to accommodate her.

The question is whether businesses should be forced to accommodate someone's religious idiosyncrasies.

A Muslim flight attendant has sued ExpressJet, accusing the airline of wrongly suspending her because she refused to serve alcohol to passengers.

Fuck muslims, alcohol bans are next, I hate that fukking religion and I hate the liberals who enable these wankers

I would glad accommodate her request. I would change her duties to include wiping down the lav with towelettes between every use in her freed up time.

A Muslim flight attendant has sued ExpressJet, accusing the airline of wrongly suspending her because she refused to serve alcohol to passengers.

Fuck muslims, alcohol bans are next, I hate that fukking religion and I hate the liberals who enable these wankers

I'll say what I always say.... if you can't do the job, find another job. that's what the lowlife clerk should have done in ohio.
well isn't that what they told her? Now she's suing. hmmmmmmm. She only wants what she wants and not the company. how's that.

You dopes wanted a religious exemption and this is where it leads. Enjoy.

I don't want a blanket religious exemption, just that be factored into the analysis of a given situation.
It wouldn't be proper to allow one religion special privileges and not the others.

it's not a question of what religion, its a question of the impact on each party.

She should be allowed to wear a proper headscarf if she wants, even to take a quick 5 minute break to pray. these are not major impacts on the job at hand, and could be accommodated. However, one of the top 5 things a flight attendant does is serve refreshments to passengers, and having to get another one to serve people who want booze (especially on a smaller, single aisle plane) is a hardship on the airline, the passengers, and the other workers.

I would glad accommodate her request. I would change her duties to include wiping down the lav with towelettes between every use in her freed up time.
I wish they had a 'there you go' choice for the ratings.

That was thoughtless. After all, there are religious exemptions on the books already, are you saying all should be removed?

You dopes don't care what the law says, period.

You want dope legal, screw the federal law.

You want illegal immigrants to be allowed and give them drivers licenses, schooling and ton of free shit, screw the law.

You want safe cities for illegal immigrant criminals, screw the feds once again.

the only question should be whether or not the company made a reasonable effort to accommodate her.

The question is whether businesses should be forced to accommodate someone's religious idiosyncrasies.
well that question is settled, so we are back to the question of reasonable accomodation

It may have been ruled on by the Court, but it's far from settled. Forcing people to abide by the religious preferences of others is the opposite of religious freedom.

I don't want a blanket religious exemption, just that be factored into the analysis of a given situation.
It wouldn't be proper to allow one religion special privileges and not the others.

it's not a question of what religion, its a question of the impact on each party.

She should be allowed to wear a proper headscarf if she wants, even to take a quick 5 minute break to pray. these are not major impacts on the job at hand, and could be accommodated. However, one of the top 5 things a flight attendant does is serve refreshments to passengers, and having to get another one to serve people who want booze (especially on a smaller, single aisle plane) is a hardship on the airline, the passengers, and the other workers.
And if you have to travel several miles to get a cake because bigots won't accomadate you, that creates a hardship as well.

Based on the bakery case, her religious beliefs don't have to be accommodated.
you are clearly out of your depth and do not have an understanding of the pertinent laws or facts.

I have a full understanding. You defend the Muslim's religious beliefs and chastise the Christian using his.
no. you really don't.
and it's sad that you think you do because it's incredibly clear that you don't.

let me help you out - a business can't typically discriminate against someone because of race, religion, sex, and occasionally sexual orientation.

so refusing to sell someone a product that you sell to others because you don't like their religion or race is illegal.

but a business also has to make reasonable religious accommodations for its employees. 'reasonable' being the operative word, obviously you can't hire a bartender and then accommodate them when they say they can't serve alcohol. but reasonable might mean giving someone the ability to take their breaks at certain times to pray.

do you understand?

She should change jobs. If she can find one that caters to her that is.

Better yet she should go back to the ME where they do things the sharia way.

Well I'm not convinced Islam is a religion...more of an ideological platform that has went full blown political and infested with heathens

I'm not convinced that believing a man died for three days and then came back to life after turning water into wine and magically reattaching a man's severed ear with his bare hands isn't anything more than an ideological platform either.

Forum List

Back