Muslim flight attendant suspended...

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
Another religious beliefs case.

Muslim flight attendant says she was suspended for refusing to serve alcohol

A Muslim flight attendant says she was suspended by ExpressJet for refusing to serve alcohol in accordance with her Islamic faith.

In a bid to get her job back, Charee Stanley filed a discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on Tuesday for the revocation of a reasonable religious accommodation.

Yeah, like she didn't know that would happen. Put her in jail with Kim Davis. I can't wait until some more opportunists decide to stop issuing gun permits and liquor licenses. Some religious pharmacists refuse to fill contraceptive prescriptions.

Last edited:
I'm thinking, why suspended? Why not fired?

According to leftist most recent interpretation of the 14th amendment via gay marriage, her refusal to serve alcohol on religious grounds is discrimination against people who drink alcohol.

According to leftist most recent interpretation of the 14th amendment via gay marriage, her refusal to serve alcohol on religious grounds is discrimination against people who drink alcohol.
if you're going to play that game i would say that the right believes that not only should the attendant be allowed to make that decision but that they should be allowed to prevent others on the plane from serving alcohol as well

No, you're not thinking. That's the problem.

if you're going to play that game i would say that the right believes that not only should the attendant be allowed to make that decision but that they should be allowed to prevent others on the plane from serving alcohol as well

I'm pretty sure that serving alcohol on the plane is part of her job description. If so, she can't claim discrimination.

No, you're not thinking. That's the problem.

No, problem is you're still talking.
Stop talking and keep sucking.

You would be wrong. The right does not believe that.

I'm pretty sure that serving alcohol on the plane is part of her job description. If so, she can't claim discrimination.
i agree with you. and while i think there can be reasonable accommodations made if there can't she can chose between resigning or serving.

You would be wrong. The right does not believe that.
no? that's the claim with davis in kentucky

Why religious people are bent on finding jobs that are not in accordance with their beliefs?

Why is that? why?

It's almost like they are openly challenging the whole cultural Western system....what do they want for heavens sake?

Sharia Law to become universal?

oh wait ...yes...thats exactly what they want.

i agree with you. and while i think there can be reasonable accommodations made if there can't she can chose between resigning or serving.

No accommodation. You do your job as hired or hit the road.

Why religious people are bent on finding jobs that are not in accordance with their beliefs?

Why is that? why?

It's almost like they are openly challenging the whole cultural Western system....what do they want for heavens sake?

Sharia Law to become universal?

oh wait ...yes...thats exactly what they want.
you're reading a lot in to this
it's not like the flight attendant is using the power of government office to deny others their rights based on her religious beliefs

No accommodation. You do your job as hired or hit the road.
from a business perspective if she's a good employee in other respects i'd try to accommodate before firing

Forum List

Back