Muslim man sues little Caesars' for 100M over pork on pizza

DEARBORN - A Muslim man who ordered a pizza from a Little Caesars in Dearborn has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the pizza chain, alleging that the pizza he was sold contained pork even though it was advertised otherwise.

The suit, which was filed by Mohamad Bazzi, alleges that the pizza he ordered March 20 from a Little Caesars in Dearborn was labeled as “halal,” which means it meets Islamic food consumption standards.

The suit states that the pizza he received and consumed contained pork, which is a meat not considered halal in Islamic law.

Muslim man files $100M lawsuit against Dearborn Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'

Why in a country like ours do politicians allow things like this to happen? We need a serious national tort reform in this country, and I hope Trump and the Republicans read this story and agree. It's not likely that this clown will get his 100 mil. After all, he suffered no physical damage and millions of Americans eat pepperoni pizza every day. But he will get a sizable amount

There is no poof him or his wife ate any of this pizza. How could you open the box and not see pepperoni before you eat it?

This nonsense needs to stop in this country. It costs industry too much money and those costs get passed down to us, the little people when we buy their products.
In 1992 a little old lady sued McDonalds because she spilled scalding hot coffee in her lap and won $3 Million. Granted that after appeals she ended up with just over half a million but the point is it was her fault but was able to legally blame McDonalds. People sue every day over stupid shit like this and some actually win. As for stopping it? The 1st Amendment "right to petition" (sue) is part of that amendment......... As for tort reform, good luck.

Ah yes, the famous McDonald's case. Here is the deal the coffee was too hot. But not only was it too hot, McDonald's printed procedures required the coffee to be something like 160 degrees. It was a slamdunk case. Anybody with half a brain knows 160 degrees is scalding hot and no company with any damn sense would have posted printed procedures and a four times a day verification process for something inherently dangerous.

Even if they have a sign posted that the COFFEE IS VERY HOT?

If I remember correctly, the woman put the hot coffee between her legs causing the lid to pop off. That's McDonald's fault? Prior to that suit, McDonald's always had very hot coffee and people just took precautions to not hurt themselves.

Ray From Cleveland
Ringel05

No, you're very wrong.

The woman was correct and deserved the settlement she got.

The Actual Facts about the Mcdonalds' Coffee Case

images

stella-2-300x191.jpg
Everyone has an opinion.......... :eusa_whistle:

The founder's were wise not wanting to create this country for Muslims. But now we've let our guard down and let them stay in this country in a time of war on terrorism they create. This is another form of terrorism perpetuated against a successful business created in America. They along with other Muslims are clearly the enemy within.

Muslim Man Sues Little Caesars For $100 MILLION Over Pork Pepperoni

Eating pork is “one of the worst sins you can do,” Moughni told the Free Press.

“They have no regard for people’s religious beliefs,” the lawyer also said, according to The Detroit News. “This is a violation of the Muslim faith. You can’t be handing out pork, mislabeling it as halal and get away with it. This isn’t how America operates. A billion dollar corporation can’t get away with it.”

“These people were unknowingly assaulted,” Moughni told The Detroit News. “None of these employees seem to care.”

>>You need not worry because you haven't sinned, since they have told you it was halal and you did not intentionally eat the haram things.<<

Go to any ummah or someone who understands sharia

Why do so many muslims not already know this?

Nonetheless, Little Caesars' lied about their product.

The sauce might be halal and if someone requests "beef" pepperoni they might have at some stores, but unless a customer specifies and they just asks for pepperoni, they will be given pork.

They might have a halal options, but bacon and pepperoni is pork unless a special request it made otherwise.

Yeah, that's the whole point of this lawsuit. Have you not been paying attention?

The store advertised Halal pepperoni as an option. The man order halal pepperoni, and got pork pepperoni instead.

The founder's were wise not wanting to create this country for Muslims. But now we've let our guard down and let them stay in this country in a time of war on terrorism they create. This is another form of terrorism perpetuated against a successful business created in America. They along with other Muslims are clearly the enemy within.

“They have no regard for people’s religious beliefs,” the lawyer also said, according to The Detroit News. “This is a violation of the Muslim faith. You can’t be handing out pork, mislabeling it as halal and get away with it. This isn’t how America operates. A billion dollar corporation can’t get away with it.”

“These people were unknowingly assaulted,” Moughni told The Detroit News. “None of these employees seem to care.”

>>You need not worry because you haven't sinned, since they have told you it was halal and you did not intentionally eat the haram things.<<

The sauce might be halal and if someone requests "beef" pepperoni they might have at some stores, but unless a customer specifies and they just asks for pepperoni, they will be given pork.

They might have a halal options, but bacon and pepperoni is pork unless a special request it made otherwise.

The man order halal pepperoni, and got pork pepperoni instead.
How do you know at the time he specifically ordered halal?

Yeah, that's the whole point of this lawsuit. Have you not been paying attention?

The store advertised Halal pepperoni as an option. The man order halal pepperoni, and got pork pepperoni instead.

I've gotten orders wrong before, never sued anyone over it. Time to quit importing these troublemakers to the USA before we become a third world craphole too.

Fucker needs to find someplace that sells kosher (halal) pizza. Sorry, I'd have to give this asshole the big middle finger up. But in this country, he'll probably make bank...stupid as that may seem.

The whole point of this lawsuit is that the Little Caesars in question claimed that the pizza was Halal, and advertised it as such.

I think it's delusional to think that he'll be awarded $100M. But I understand the premise of the suit.

And when silly lawsuits are given just b.c. of bs reasons like this it makes it possible to sue for everything and anything. In turn the customers end up paying for it. six dollar burgers now 9.00, small pizza now 18.00 just a figure pulled out of no where.

So you're saying that companies should be able to lie flagrantly in their advertising, and their lied-to customers should have no recourse?
I have yet to see a pizza box marked Hala. But on the off chance there is such a thing I would have to believe that after the first time the guy would know that maybe the Pizza place does 't know the definition of the word.

What this is is another attack on America. EVERYONE loves pizza it is like the national food. So it must be attacked. Next it will be hot dogs which are attacked for containing mystery meat.

Did you bother reading the link in the OP, or did the headline provide enough fake outrage for you?

If you had bothered to read the link, you'd see that there's a picture of the Little Caesars in question, with a sign in the window advertising "Halal Pepperoni".

Everyone does love pizza, that's the whole point. Even Muslims - and if a store is going to try to get business by advertising that they'll cater to their customer's dietary needs, they should actually do so. Otherwise, they're just lying.

The pepperoni is pork unless a special request for beef is made. If the customer just ask for pepperoni, they would be given pork. Special requests would take longer to make unless the whole pizza place was "only" halal.

A lot of places offer halal options on request, not automatic on the standard menu. Usually specially packaged and frozen till an order is placed.

The whole point of this lawsuit is that the Little Caesars in question claimed that the pizza was Halal, and advertised it as such.

I think it's delusional to think that he'll be awarded $100M. But I understand the premise of the suit.

And when silly lawsuits are given just b.c. of bs reasons like this it makes it possible to sue for everything and anything. In turn the customers end up paying for it. six dollar burgers now 9.00, small pizza now 18.00 just a figure pulled out of no where.

So you're saying that companies should be able to lie flagrantly in their advertising, and their lied-to customers should have no recourse?
I have yet to see a pizza box marked Hala. But on the off chance there is such a thing I would have to believe that after the first time the guy would know that maybe the Pizza place does 't know the definition of the word.

What this is is another attack on America. EVERYONE loves pizza it is like the national food. So it must be attacked. Next it will be hot dogs which are attacked for containing mystery meat.

Did you bother reading the link in the OP, or did the headline provide enough fake outrage for you?

If you had bothered to read the link, you'd see that there's a picture of the Little Caesars in question, with a sign in the window advertising "Halal Pepperoni".

Everyone does love pizza, that's the whole point. Even Muslims - and if a store is going to try to get business by advertising that they'll cater to their customer's dietary needs, they should actually do so. Otherwise, they're just lying.

The pepperoni is pork unless a special request for beef is made. If the customer just ask for pepperoni, they would be given pork. Special requests would take longer to make unless the whole pizza place was "only" halal.

A lot of places offer halal options on request, not automatic on the standard menu. Usually specially packaged and frozen till an order is placed.

Yes, you've said that already.

Did you read the link in the OP? You seem to be missing the point entirely.

it boggles my mind that any person who is "halal adherent" would consider something
baked in the oven of an Italian to be completely PORK FREE. I am baffled about
the advertisement? "HALAL"? did some Little Caesar actually advertise that way?
-------sheeeeesh-----they would not dare claim "KOSHER". YA MUSLEMEEN!!!!!
they got kids working in that place--------you expect some 16 year old high school kid to
give a damn about your shariah crap?

Yes they advertised it that way and it's nothing but beef pepperoni. If you don't do business with the Muslims in Dearborn you simply don't do business.

DEARBORN - A Muslim man who ordered a pizza from a Little Caesars in Dearborn has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the pizza chain, alleging that the pizza he was sold contained pork even though it was advertised otherwise.

The suit, which was filed by Mohamad Bazzi, alleges that the pizza he ordered March 20 from a Little Caesars in Dearborn was labeled as “halal,” which means it meets Islamic food consumption standards.

The suit states that the pizza he received and consumed contained pork, which is a meat not considered halal in Islamic law.

Muslim man files $100M lawsuit against Dearborn Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'

Why in a country like ours do politicians allow things like this to happen? We need a serious national tort reform in this country, and I hope Trump and the Republicans read this story and agree. It's not likely that this clown will get his 100 mil. After all, he suffered no physical damage and millions of Americans eat pepperoni pizza every day. But he will get a sizable amount

There is no poof him or his wife ate any of this pizza. How could you open the box and not see pepperoni before you eat it?

This nonsense needs to stop in this country. It costs industry too much money and those costs get passed down to us, the little people when we buy their products.
So you don't mind if companies sell a product through false advertising?
i wonder if he would sue McDonalds for 3 Million if his hot apple pie burned his tounge,,even though there was a waring not to bite into the pie asap !!!

Funny you should mention that. Starbucks is getting sued for hot coffee. Sound familiar? But Starbucks is a good little commie organization, so I'm sure they will be happy to pay out.

Starbucks is to damn hot. I went through a drive thru a couple years ago and they didn't put the top on all the way and it spilled on my hand and burnt the shit out of it. Suing didn't enter my mind, wish I would have been more coherent after calling that person every name in the book. My temper causes me not to think straight, damn I might have made a few bucks.

it boggles my mind that any person who is "halal adherent" would consider something
they got kids working in that place--------you expect some 16 year old high school kid to

You've never been to Brooklyn, have you?

The Little Caesar's in Sheepshead Bay sells kosher pizza.

You don't remember them changing McDonalds fries because they used some sort of beef fat while making them?

You don't get to advertise a product as something then give your customer something else, dumbass

Every nation who can afford it has these sorts of protections

If Little Ceasars claimed there was no beef in it it the same problem would arise. Or claimed their cheese was "real" and it was not by American standards

Oh yeah, that warrants a 100 million dollar lawsuit.

I cannot speak for every pizza joint but the sign is very clear. The consumer has the right to believe a product is exactly as it is advertised.

You don't remember them changing McDonalds fries because they used some sort of beef fat while making them?

You don't get to advertise a product as something then give your customer something else, dumbass

Every nation who can afford it has these sorts of protections

If Little Ceasars claimed there was no beef in it it the same problem would arise. Or claimed their cheese was "real" and it was not by American standards

Oh yeah, that warrants a 100 million dollar lawsuit.

We have a judicial system in this country whose job it is to determine what a tort "warrants".

You don't get a say in it.

I've gotten orders wrong before, never sued anyone over it. Time to quit importing these troublemakers to the USA before we become a third world craphole too.

How do you know he was "imported"?

Please post a link.

BUT

Doesn't really matter where one is born. The product was not as it was advertised.

He has just as much right to be here, to order pizza and to expect to be as it is advertised.
But he doesn't have just as much right to be here

And this lawsuit is frivolous, especially when you consider the manager's side of the story

But let's assume the manager is lying (which I don't believe)

So what if his order was messed up? People make mistakes

The normal reaction is to return the order and allow the restaurant a chance to fix it - happens every day

You've never been to Brooklyn, have you?

The Little Caesar's in Sheepshead Bay sells kosher pizza.

Most meat in the US is slaughtered "kosher" and most food products made in the US is labeled "pareve" and quite a lot of meat is slaughtered "halal". Its been that way for a couple of generations or so.

Also, it has been mentioned before ITT, but is worth repeating, if this jackass really cared about his religion, he would not buy food from a place that even handles pork products at all

The guy is a liar and a nuisance

I would be willing to bet that if he does get any money in a lawsuit, it will be used to fund jihad

He has just as much right to be here, to order pizza and to expect to be as it is advertised.

And this lawsuit is frivolous, especially when you consider the manager's side of the story

The normal reaction is to return the order and allow the restaurant a chance to fix it - happens every day

Are you one of those nutters who believes the US was founded to be christian? If so, you're wrong.

Muslim Americans are Americans.

Deal with it.

:lol:

He has just as much of a "right to be here" as you do, fuckwit.

No, it's not. It's only frivolous if you believe the manager.

The only reason that you unquestioningly believe the manager is because you're a fuckwit.

People do make mistakes - and sometimes they have to deal with the consequences of that mistake.

So you don't mind if companies sell a product through false advertising?
i wonder if he would sue McDonalds for 3 Million if his hot apple pie burned his tounge,,even though there was a waring not to bite into the pie asap !!!

Funny you should mention that. Starbucks is getting sued for hot coffee. Sound familiar? But Starbucks is a good little commie organization, so I'm sure they will be happy to pay out.

Starbucks is to damn hot. I went through a drive thru a couple years ago and they didn't put the top on all the way and it spilled on my hand and burnt the shit out of it. Suing didn't enter my mind, wish I would have been more coherent after calling that person every name in the book. My temper causes me not to think straight, damn I might have made a few bucks.

So often, I add ice cubes just so I can drink it on the same day I bought it.

But the McD's coffee was 190-200 degrees! The poor woman suffered permanent disability and enormous medical bills. And McDs had known it for a long time and had many complaints.

Forum List

Back