Muslims! Now is the time; you can no longer dither!

We could handle this the exact same way I handle my children when they fight.

"you go to your room, and you go to yours, until you decide you want to get along "

Bring us troops home and forbid Americans to travel to the ME, kick potentially radical Muslims out of the US and refuse to let them back in. Problem solved.
I agree with most of that. We can deport any citizen for potential support of terror, yes. But we cannot deport citizens.

"we can't deport us citizens" but apparently we can target them for death by drone LOL
If they have joined the enemy, they have become wartime noncombatants giving aid and assistance to the enemy. That includes their families. Sad, But they chose.

And you understand that a citizen doesn't have to LEAVE the continental US to join the enemy right? Now, I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want drones taking people out in THIS country.
Actually, no one is really addressing the real issue.

Al-queda had a central command. The plans were laid out and then discussed electronically around the world. Fortunately, we were able to intercept much of that "chatter"...albeit, we missed the 9-11 one.

Now? The enemy does not receive "orders". The enemy simply wakes up one morning in Toledo Ohio and decides "today I will be a martyr" and kills a dozen people.

We can not anticipate that. There is nothing to intercept. There is no "planning"......

As ridiculous as Trumps idea sounds...can anyone come up with a better one?

As I see it, the left does not want us to have semi automatic weapons to protect ourselves. The police have to think twice before taking action. We can not identify a possible threat based on them being Muslim.....and our intelligence agencies have no way of knowing what Joe Shmo will be the one who wakes up on a Tuesday deciding to take out 20 people in the name of Isis.

Anyone have a legit plan?

To all Muslim, friends and acquaintances and strangers:

Now is the time to speak out and condemn all types of barbarities.

You have no more time to avoid condemning other Muslims' radical activities against non-Muslims because you think you are somehow betraying your faith.

Terrorist barbarism eviscerates the peaceful tenants of your faith as well as all other faiths and systems rooted in the morality of universal brotherly love.

You must speak out loudly; you can no longer wait, because if you do, the enemy without and those within will come for you too.

Which Muslims aren't?

Longknife posted a list of Muslim leaders around the world who denounced this attacks- the usual suspects of course all promptly said those meant nothing.

Regularly we have the usual haters who claim Muslims never denounce attacks- we post examples of Muslim Americans denouncing attacks- and they then say not enough Muslims Americans are denouncing the attacks.

This attack was horrible- I denounce this violence and all other kinds of terrorism- I denounce Islamic terrorism, Muslim extremists etc.

But it won't matter to the haters- they will continue to believe all Muslims are terrorists, and that all 'lefties' love terrorists because we wont' publicly condemn all of Islam and every Muslim in the world.

Sure- I want Muslim Americans to condemn the violence.

But those condemnations will be ignored- both by the haters on the right and the Islamic fascist terrorists who see moderate Muslims are traitors.

Those who say that the Muslims who have condemned terrorist don't count are stupid. Just as stupid as shit like when Lakhota claims it doesn't count when Trump stated that he was abhorred at what happened to gays in Orlando. Do you lso condemn Lakhota's stupidity?
I condemn yours and Lakhotas when you talk stupidly, yes. When you hate, yes. You are the enemy until you step up.

Actually, I thought CAIR specifically came and and blamed this latest event on radical Muslims and called them exactly that and advocated for other Muslims to participate in their destruction far more powerfully than our own President did.
You are wrong. Obama hit the bad guys hard on the Muslim side and well condemned the far right for refusing to unify against the foe. All Muslims must condemn radical jihadism.

You're as stupid as RDean with your "far right" bullshit

and Obama condemned guns. Hillary fucking Clinton came closer to blaming Islam than Obama did.

Its funny because Fox News was sqawking about that really hard...Then when it was brought up that Hillary said the words that make RW'ers cum "Islamic Extremist"....do you know what the guest said RIGHT AFTER that was pointed out?

What you call it doesnt fix it!!!!

YES, THEY ACTUALLY ADMITTED IT! Only once Hillary said exactly what they wanted, then they didnt want it no mo :2up:

"you go to your room, and you go to yours, until you decide you want to get along "

Bring us troops home and forbid Americans to travel to the ME, kick potentially radical Muslims out of the US and refuse to let them back in. Problem solved.
I agree with most of that. We can deport any citizen for potential support of terror, yes. But we cannot deport citizens.

"we can't deport us citizens" but apparently we can target them for death by drone LOL
If they have joined the enemy, they have become wartime noncombatants giving aid and assistance to the enemy. That includes their families. Sad, But they chose.

And you understand that a citizen doesn't have to LEAVE the continental US to join the enemy right? Now, I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want drones taking people out in THIS country.

Al-queda had a central command. The plans were laid out and then discussed electronically around the world. Fortunately, we were able to intercept much of that "chatter"...albeit, we missed the 9-11 one.

Now? The enemy does not receive "orders". The enemy simply wakes up one morning in Toledo Ohio and decides "today I will be a martyr" and kills a dozen people.

We can not anticipate that. There is nothing to intercept. There is no "planning"......

As I see it, the left does not want us to have semi automatic weapons to protect ourselves. The police have to think twice before taking action. We can not identify a possible threat based on them being Muslim.....and our intelligence agencies have no way of knowing what Joe Shmo will be the one who wakes up on a Tuesday deciding to take out 20 people in the name of Isis.

Actually the REAL ISSUE appears here

: The Pachyderm in the Room

You have no more time to avoid condemning other Muslims' radical activities against non-Muslims because you think you are somehow betraying your faith.

Terrorist barbarism eviscerates the peaceful tenants of your faith as well as all other faiths and systems rooted in the morality of universal brotherly love.

You must speak out loudly; you can no longer wait, because if you do, the enemy without and those within will come for you too.

Which Muslims aren't?

Longknife posted a list of Muslim leaders around the world who denounced this attacks- the usual suspects of course all promptly said those meant nothing.

Regularly we have the usual haters who claim Muslims never denounce attacks- we post examples of Muslim Americans denouncing attacks- and they then say not enough Muslims Americans are denouncing the attacks.

This attack was horrible- I denounce this violence and all other kinds of terrorism- I denounce Islamic terrorism, Muslim extremists etc.

But it won't matter to the haters- they will continue to believe all Muslims are terrorists, and that all 'lefties' love terrorists because we wont' publicly condemn all of Islam and every Muslim in the world.

But those condemnations will be ignored- both by the haters on the right and the Islamic fascist terrorists who see moderate Muslims are traitors.

Those who say that the Muslims who have condemned terrorist don't count are stupid. Just as stupid as shit like when Lakhota claims it doesn't count when Trump stated that he was abhorred at what happened to gays in Orlando. Do you lso condemn Lakhota's stupidity?
Actually, putting out a statement saying "I condemn the terrorist act" is by far not enough. What about well known international Imams holding conferences discussing how to stop the abuse of their religion? Make those conferences well known....public...even air them....what about Imam sermons.....all in line with each other....solidarity amongst Imams....not some list of those that denounce the abuse of Islam.

And by the way....look at some of their statements.....They denounce the abuse of their religion.....not the actual act of terrorism......not to their fault.....but that is what they do.

Which Muslims aren't?

I condemn yours and Lakhotas when you talk stupidly, yes. When you hate, yes. You are the enemy until you step up.

I don't hate anyone. I dislike stupid people.

Which Muslims aren't?

Actually, putting out a statement saying "I condemn the terrorist act" is by far not enough. What about well known international Imams holding conferences discussing how to stop the abuse of their religion? Make those conferences well known....public...even air them....what about Imam sermons.....all in line with each other....solidarity amongst Imams....not some list of those that denounce the abuse of Islam.

And by the way....look at some of their statements.....They denounce the abuse of their religion.....not the actual act of terrorism......not to their fault.....but that is what they do.

You have to give SOME credence to the fact that they are scared. They KNOW they will be targeted if they speak out too much. It doesn't help when assholes group them altogether into one group.

Of course that doesn't explain EVERY instance of them refusing to step up, but it is a factor

I don't care if they publicly atone

We need them to condemn them in their group. Not tolerate hate speech. Expel and shun those who speak jihad. Refuse to allow their daughters to marry a radical

This is what was done with racists in our country. They were driven into the shadows and not tolerated in our society

Which Muslims aren't?

You have to give SOME credence to the fact that they are scared. They KNOW they will be targeted if they speak out too much. It doesn't help when assholes group them altogether into one group.

Of course that doesn't explain EVERY instance of them refusing to step up, but it is a factor
yes, I do get that part of it. They will have a target on their backs. No doubt.

But that is what comes with freedom. That's what comes with living in the US. Every witness of every crime has that target on their backs....but we are willing to do it to better the lives of ourselves and our fellow citizens.

As a leader....it comes with the territory.

If they are not willing to lead here in AMerica with the pros and cons that come with it, they should step down.

What about Trump's plan would have stopped a single attack we have had in the United States?

What makes his plan 'legit' to you?

I do not agree with your premise. too many attacks in too many different parts of the world.

Those girls kidnapped by Boko Haram (sp?)....what did they do to deserve that?

Which Muslims aren't?

Which Muslims aren't?

You have to give SOME credence to the fact that they are scared. They KNOW they will be targeted if they speak out too much. It doesn't help when assholes group them altogether into one group. Of course that doesn't explain EVERY instance of them refusing to step up, but it is a factor
Of course they are scared now. And it will only grow. Denounce them publicly, and turn names in privately to the LEO.

Yes, we have a lot of assholes who hate all Muslims.

Guns aside, and imo banning guns is a stupid and hopeless distraction, the OP answers your question. Muslims come here because they want a better life, and to be able to give their kids better lives. We need to treat them like all other Americans and expect them to speak out against violence and alert the cops if somebody is acting suspicious.

Anything, or anyone, detracting form their inclusion into American society and the American dream is counterproductive, and dangerous.

I do not agree with your premise. too many attacks in too many different parts of the world.

I see , so what the US has done to the Muslims is not a reason to retaliate even though Usamah ben laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed stated that it was?

/

What about Trump's plan would have stopped a single attack we have had in the United States?

Very little to be honest. The only thing it will do will prevent some coming in with the refugees.....and at least it is a start.

And if you are an honest person, you will recognize the fact that he simply said "stop them" until we can figure things out.....not a permanent thing.

But unlike you, I look at the future....not just the past.

It is childish to think that someone hell bent on killing Americans would not try to ride the wave with the refugees so he can come in and kill Americans.

Curious...before 9-11, what would a very strict airport screening program have done to stop the use of airplanes as missiles?

Nothing...for they were never used as missiles before.

But wouldn't it have been nice if we thought it MAY happen and not simply say "it has never happened so why worry about it"?

Very little to be honest. The only thing it will do will prevent some coming in with the refugees.....and at least it is a start.

And if you are an honest person, you will recognize the fact that he simply said "stop them" until we can figure things out.....not a permanent thing.

But unlike you, I look at the future....not just the past.

It is childish to think that someone hell bent on killing Americans would not try to ride the wave with the refugees so he can come in and kill Americans.

Curious...before 9-11, what would a very strict airport screening program have done to stop the use of airplanes as missiles?

Nothing...for they were never used as missiles before.

But wouldn't it have been nice if we thought it MAY happen and not simply say "it has never happened so why worry about it"?

Remove the MOTIVE which provokes them to be hell bent on killing Americans.

I see , so what the US has done to the Muslims is not a reason to retaliate even though Usamah ben laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed stated that it was?

/
If I wanted to debate the topic, I would have in the thread itself.

I used to believe it.

After what I have seen around the world over the past 10 years, I realize it was just an excuse.......they hate their lives so they have decided to make everyone else hate their lives.

It is that simple.

Guns aside, and imo banning guns is a stupid and hopeless distraction, the OP answers your question. Muslims come here because they want a better life, and to be able to give their kids better lives. We need to treat them like all other Americans and expect them to speak out against violence and alert the cops if somebody is acting suspicious.

Anything, or anyone, detracting form their inclusion into American society and the American dream is counterproductive, and dangerous.
But why, after 20 years of terrorism in the name of Islam, must was STILL ask them to help.

We treat them as Americans. They have all the rights any American has. Sure, they are victims of bias just as any religious, racial or ideological group is in the US....but that is part of living in the US. Beleive me, being a Jew growing up in an Irish/Italian neighborhood wasn't always peaches and cream. But it is part of being an American.

But that did not stop me from doing my part to stop some pretty ugly criminal acts that I have witnessed over the years.

Why do we need to treat them differently to do what any American should do?

We do not need to treat Muslims as anything except Americans.

If they are non citizens and can't stand up, deport them.

If they are citizens, they must stand up.

Forum List

Back