My bitch of a Current event...sigh...

And here I am in alaska with shorts and t-shirt weather. Just a couple of dirty ice patches on the ground. Grass is visible. May as well move up here. You can see snow caped mountains but that's about it.View attachment 38569
Hey, Timothy, greetings from a fellow Alaskan! Where you at, exactly? I work in Anchoragua and have a nice, off-grid place in Willow.
Hey there! Willow is nice did you see the idirod go through there? Naa my wife was afraid of snow at first so we bought a place in anchorage, I wanted eagle river but she was scared, as soon as I pay this sucker off I am going to move to the outskirts. I want more land for my dogs. I just retired and I am going to start school full time
Soon, so only the wife works right now.
Congrats on the retirement! Military? I had a house in ER for almost 18 years before I sold up and bought about 200 acres in Willow. I've been building out-of-pocket since than and have a pretty comfy place up there. I hope someday to capitalize in the Denali view from the property and retire to run my own B&B.
How long have y'all been here? Has the wife acclimated yet?

I got here in 99 but left in 03 moved back in 08 and bought my house. Left in 2012 Lived in the UK for 3 years(it was awesome). But retired and moved back just this year. I eventually want to build my own house as well. So after I graduate and get a job all my funds will go to pay this sucker off. Should be able to do it in 5 years then save for a year and buy some land like you. Anyway redid my floors since I wasn't working hardwood and painted and stuff patched the walls painted and had carpet put in the bedrooms. It's small but cozy and close to the trails. My dogs near moose run trails. And blue ice trails near portage glacierView attachment 38608
Nice! Look like swimmers, your dogs. I have a mini doxie my daughter left me when she left home, and a Great Pyrenees that lives with and guards my goats. The Pyr is amazing, right now, I love to watch the new kids playing on her. Picture a 125 lb white furball with a bunch of baby goats playing king-of-the-dog...
Yeah those are beautiful dogs. My black dog is part belgian shepherd but takes after that side with a guarding and herding personality. He can be finicky around other dogs. have you been doing the work on your house or contracted?

84 here today. Been breaking heat records since January. We didn't even get a winter. My joints are thankful.

2iatl3r.jpg
That's just too hot. I'd melt into a lump if I had to live through temps in the 80's.
Yeah I would melt as well, I lived in Florida for 10 years and that was enough of humidity for me. Lol. So I go vacationing to places like Iceland and Norway. Lol

Hey, Timothy, greetings from a fellow Alaskan! Where you at, exactly? I work in Anchoragua and have a nice, off-grid place in Willow.
Hey there! Willow is nice did you see the idirod go through there? Naa my wife was afraid of snow at first so we bought a place in anchorage, I wanted eagle river but she was scared, as soon as I pay this sucker off I am going to move to the outskirts. I want more land for my dogs. I just retired and I am going to start school full time
Soon, so only the wife works right now.
Congrats on the retirement! Military? I had a house in ER for almost 18 years before I sold up and bought about 200 acres in Willow. I've been building out-of-pocket since than and have a pretty comfy place up there. I hope someday to capitalize in the Denali view from the property and retire to run my own B&B.
How long have y'all been here? Has the wife acclimated yet?

I got here in 99 but left in 03 moved back in 08 and bought my house. Left in 2012 Lived in the UK for 3 years(it was awesome). But retired and moved back just this year. I eventually want to build my own house as well. So after I graduate and get a job all my funds will go to pay this sucker off. Should be able to do it in 5 years then save for a year and buy some land like you. Anyway redid my floors since I wasn't working hardwood and painted and stuff patched the walls painted and had carpet put in the bedrooms. It's small but cozy and close to the trails. My dogs near moose run trails. And blue ice trails near portage glacierView attachment 38608
Nice! Look like swimmers, your dogs. I have a mini doxie my daughter left me when she left home, and a Great Pyrenees that lives with and guards my goats. The Pyr is amazing, right now, I love to watch the new kids playing on her. Picture a 125 lb white furball with a bunch of baby goats playing king-of-the-dog...
Yeah those are beautiful dogs. My black dog is part belgian shepherd but takes after that side with a guarding and herding personality. He can be finicky around other dogs. have you been doing the work on your house or contracted?
Nah, do my own work. Last summer, I taught my daughter a bit about frame construction while building a 20'x16' gambrel-roofed storage shed. She was pretty proud and sent loads of pictures to her girlfren's. Once upon a time, long ago, I was a construction draftsman (pre-CAD). I frequently worked on the production floor and learned a lot about building.

Forum List

Back