My bitch of a Current event...sigh...

Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

This Sunday is Palm Sunday and Easter is just a week and a half away....

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

before we decide to make such a rash move.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
Nothing warms the heart of a Southerner like the thought of Yankees freezing.

; - )

Gonna be 80 in Houston this weekend...for about the fifth time. :biggrin:
hmmm, in the 80's in MARCH?

What the heck is it in summer, for goodness sakes?
we had low 90's in Jan Care.....its going to be in the 90's for the next few days with the Santa Ana wind coming in......wanna do a little trading?.......

Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

And here I am in alaska with shorts and t-shirt weather. Just a couple of dirty ice patches on the ground. Grass is visible. May as well move up here. You can see snow caped mountains but that's about it.View attachment 38569
WOW! From the picture, you are WAY AHEAD OF US on the Thaw/on what we call up here, mud season! We don't even have any ground showing where I live...all snow still...and man oh man are we going to have one heck of a thaw and a lot of mud this year! Then comes the black flies from hell that bite, and THEN it will be picture perfect for about 4-6 months and then we start all over again with winter...
We call that "break up " here. It's dirty but the roads are bare, it's still muddy as well. Usually feb March are pretty bad for snow. Anyway they moved the Iditarod north and we did not have the furrondy dog races through the streets and trails of the city. And my skis did not get used this year. So I was sad! But fishing should be good this year!

I supposed I shouldn't mention that it is gloriously sunny hear in Oaklandtown today, and we're expecting temps up to 80.

Of course, we have no water....

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

we had low 90's in Jan Care.....its going to be in the 90's for the next few days with the Santa Ana wind coming in......wanna do a little trading?.......
I dunno about that Harry!!! 90 degrees is way too hot for me...This is why I love it here in the summer...it is Hawaii type weather...mid to high 70's with a gentle sea breeze all summer...I think I will suffer through the winters, just to have these glorious summers and Fall...but I dunno....hubby is getting really fed up with shoveling the snow he had to shovel all winter....

I supposed I shouldn't mention that it is gloriously sunny hear in Oaklandtown today, and we're expecting temps up to 80.

The Raiders SUCK!!!!

Well, yes. Which doesn't matter to me in the least as I do not care for football.

But I do love my As!

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

I dunno about that Harry!!! 90 degrees is way too hot for me...This is why I love it here in the summer...it is Hawaii type weather...mid to high 70's with a gentle sea breeze all summer...I think I will suffer through the winters, just to have these glorious summers and Fall...but I dunno....hubby is getting really fed up with shoveling the snow he had to shovel all winter....
Back home we knew Easter was almost here when we could see grass peeking through the snow.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

Yeah but it's a dry heat.....:lol:
Which truthfully does make it much more bearable.

The Raiders SUCK!!!!

Well, yes. Which doesn't matter to me in the least as I do not care for football.

But I do love my As!

They were my favorite team.

Vida Blue
Catfish Hunter
Rolly Fingers
Sal Bando
Reggie Jackson

Coolest uniforms in baseball....

Our heating bills have also been astronomical. Highest ever.
Obama said they would necessarily skyrocket.
Actually, we have Natural gas from here to kingdom come...what we do not have in northern New England are pipelines to get it to us in any kind of abundance...and none at all where I live....

This is why fuel costs are high...especially Natural Gas in the regions that do have it....

So how about the USA spend their money on building a few Natural Gas pipelines for us, instead of a Canadian xl pipeline, and put some people to work, for us??? ;)

Actually, we have Natural gas from here to kingdom come...what we do not have in northern New England are pipelines to get it to us in any kind of abundance...and none at all where I live....

This is why fuel costs are high...especially Natural Gas in the regions that do have it....

So how about the USA spend their money on building a few Natural Gas pipelines for us, instead of a Canadian xl pipeline, and put some people to work, for us??? ;)

Only pipelines allowed in America is the Bonzi Pipeline in Hawaii...

They have been trying here but everyone has the "Not in my backyard" mentality. Everyone wants it except not on their property. We need something here in Vermont, its getting desperate here economically.

Only pipelines allowed in America is the Bonzi Pipeline in Hawaii...
10619923485_ab5576304d_n.jpg

AH...you Northern guys freezing your asses off.

I spent 3 days the past week on the beach of Charleston. Kiawah Beach...one of America's top 10 beaches. Its heaven here from October-May.

But holy devils ass...June-September sucks. Hot as hell. Humid. Bugs everywhere.

Pick your poison. Northern winters vs Southern summers. I think most are moving South. Our economies down here are booming with growth too (no unions, low taxes).

Come on down!

AH...you Northern guys freezing your asses off.

I spent 3 days the past week on the beach of Charleston. Kiawah Beach...one of America's top 10 beaches. Its heaven here from October-May.

But holy devils ass...June-September sucks. Hot as hell. Humid. Bugs everywhere.

Pick your poison. Northern winters vs Southern summers. I think most are moving South. Our economies down here are booming with growth too (no unions, low taxes).

Come on down!
Been there and done that, this is why I am up here....for the change in seasons....

This was just an all breaking balls brutal winter for us...it hasn't been an every year thing... in 8 years there have been 2 brutal winters, but this past one, was record breaking in several categories, in my region....

Pretty COLD! Monday, about 4 AM it will be 3 degrees F.

The area is beautiful during the summer, but the problem is is that summer is the 3rd week in July.

Forum List

Back