My bitch of a Current event...sigh...

Only people enjoying your unfortunate weather more than Southerners are Alaskans. Even the mountain peaks are hardly covered and except for a few shady spots and some icy patches our snow is gone, what little we had to begin with. I know several people already prepping their lawns although the soil is still too frozen for early gardens.

Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

This Sunday is Palm Sunday and Easter is just a week and a half away....

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

before we decide to make such a rash move.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
No, Spring fever is what I have; everything outside is yellow from pine pollen, and the air is thick with smoke from the Feds firing up the National Forest doing controlled burns.

The burns may be controlled, the smoke isn't.

It amazes me they are allowed to do that, especially with all the able bodied unemployed that could be paid to cut and stack brush.
It amazes me that they are allowed to do that as well....and free hands abound that could actually clean it up without all of that smothering smoke...

Same thing with things like food stamps, I've always thought that all the agriculture subsidies given to the big farmers and small farmers via the Agriculture Bill, should be spent on growing food or providing meat, for the poor that could be dispersed at food banks around the nation. Instead, in some cases they pay the farmers to not grow, and give the food stamp money to grocery stores which has an added layer of middle man and profit...

Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
Nothing warms the heart of a Southerner like the thought of Yankees freezing.

; - )

Gonna be 80 in Houston this weekend...for about the fifth time. :biggrin:

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

hmmm, in the 80's in MARCH?

What the heck is it in summer, for goodness sakes?

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
No, Spring fever is what I have; everything outside is yellow from pine pollen, and the air is thick with smoke from the Feds firing up the National Forest doing controlled burns.

It amazes me they are allowed to do that, especially with all the able bodied unemployed that could be paid to cut and stack brush.

Yeah the pine pollen has been brutal this year.
We were out in the East Texas piney woods a couple a weeks ago and my truck turned yellow.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

Actually we've had a cool spring. I hoping this summer is like the last,we didnt break 100 once.:lol:

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

In the summer, 90+ days of 90+ temps and 90%+ humidity.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

We were out in the East Texas piney woods a couple a weeks ago and my truck turned yellow.
I have to go to the doctor today over it.

I'll need cortisone, and anti-biotics for the infection it has caused.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

In normal years, a day or two of 80's in January and February is not that unusual.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

Actually we've had a cool spring. I hoping this summer is like the last,we didnt break 100 once.:lol:
We have lived here 8 years now, and only 1 day in summer, 5 years ago, broke 90 degrees....we bought air conditioners for the house during this heat wave which was mostly mid to high 80's, and have not had to use them since.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

Damn that sucks! It doesnt bother me it's just a mess.
We were taking a break from shooting when the wind picked up,it looked like yellow fog it was so thick.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )

We have lived here 8 years now, and only 1 day in summer, 5 years ago, broke 90 degrees....we bought air conditioners for the house during this heat wave which was mostly mid to high 80's, and have not had to use them since.

Thats Nice! But I couldnt stand the winters,we only dropped below freezing three or four times and that was at night.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

We were taking a break from shooting when the wind picked up,it looked like yellow fog it was so thick.
It just slays me when it gets this thick.

I am weak from head to toe.

Also, I never get fever from it, quite the opposite, my temp was 97 this morning.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

It just slays me when it gets this thick.

I am weak from head to toe.

Also, I never get fever from it, quite the opposite, my temp was 97 this morning.

My buddy was suffering mightily that day and visited the doc yesterday.
He's all screwed up as well.

The yellow pollen all over the cars that we had in Massachusetts was from Oak trees and not pine trees...I havent seen the yellow pollen up here, at least not as much compared to our house in Massachusetts, and Maine is filled with Pine, thus the Pine tree State! :)

Only people enjoying your unfortunate weather more than Southerners are Alaskans. Even the mountain peaks are hardly covered and except for a few shady spots and some icy patches our snow is gone, what little we had to begin with. I know several people already prepping their lawns although the soil is still too frozen for early gardens.

Wait a minute...you have to prep your lawn?

The yellow pollen all over the cars that we had in Massachusetts was from Oak trees and not pine trees...I havent seen the yellow pollen up here, at least not as much compared to our house in Massachusetts, and Maine is filled with Pine, thus the Pine tree State! :)

We get both at the same time. Thank God I dont have allergies.

Oak and pecan don't bother me, but pine, and cedar, ugh!

Forum List

Back