My bitch of a Current event...sigh...

Nothing warms the heart of a Southerner like the thought of Yankees freezing.

; - )

Gonna be 80 in Houston this weekend...for about the fifth time. :biggrin:
hmmm, in the 80's in MARCH?

What the heck is it in summer, for goodness sakes?

Actually we've had a cool spring. I hoping this summer is like the last,we didnt break 100 once.:lol:
We have lived here 8 years now, and only 1 day in summer, 5 years ago, broke 90 degrees....we bought air conditioners for the house during this heat wave which was mostly mid to high 80's, and have not had to use them since.

Thats Nice! But I couldnt stand the winters,we only dropped below freezing three or four times and that was at night.
Believe it or not, you can get acclimated to the cold....we moved up to Massachusetts from Florida, and it took one winter of freezing our butts off and then the next winter, we were fine....and then after a few years living here, when we went home to visit our families in Florida, the minute we got off the plane we were wheezing from the humidity and heat and could not bear it!!!

Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

This Sunday is Palm Sunday and Easter is just a week and a half away....

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

before we decide to make such a rash move.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
Predicted 95 here today.

Actually we've had a cool spring. I hoping this summer is like the last,we didnt break 100 once.:lol:
We have lived here 8 years now, and only 1 day in summer, 5 years ago, broke 90 degrees....we bought air conditioners for the house during this heat wave which was mostly mid to high 80's, and have not had to use them since.

Thats Nice! But I couldnt stand the winters,we only dropped below freezing three or four times and that was at night.
Believe it or not, you can get acclimated to the cold....we moved up to Massachusetts from Florida, and it took one winter of freezing our butts off and then the next winter, we were fine....and then after a few years living here, when we went home to visit our families in Florida, the minute we got off the plane we were wheezing from the humidity and heat and could not bear it!!!
I might get acclimated to cold, I could NEVER get acclimated to Yankees.

Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )
What a coincidence. Nothing gives me a chuckle more than thinking of the mosquitoes, snakes and humidity of the South.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )
What a coincidence. Nothing gives me a chuckle more than thinking of the mosquitoes, snakes and humidity of the South.
I am immune to mosquitoes, and maybe even to snakes, since I have had a few nicks from them that just festered a bit.

Humidity, well, it does get a bit sticky when the sweat won't evaporate.

I guess you get used to it whether it's heat or cold.
I just like being able to play golf and fish year around..and no I dont want to ice fish.:lol:

Then you would have to live in Maine (we are gun toting, leave me alone type of people up here, liberal and conservative alike), Mainers call people from Massachusetts, Massholes.... :D, but in all fairness the people from Massachusetts do call us Main-iacs!

I just like being able to play golf and fish year around..and no I dont want to ice fish.:lol:
The first time I went to Minnesota, I thought, my God, these cretins all have shithouses in the front yard.

Then I found out they were ice-fishing houses!

Then you would have to live in Maine (we are gun toting, leave me alone type of people up here, liberal and conservative alike), Mainers call people from Massachusetts, Massholes.... :D, but in all fairness the people from Massachusetts do call us Main-iacs!
Lots of Mainers are nothing but Northern Coonasses(Acadians).

ahhh a golf buddy of Obama's in spirit? j/k :D

The first time I went to Minnesota, I thought, my God, these cretins all have shithouses in the front yard.

Then I found out they were ice-fishing houses!
fyi, Ice fishing house = Ice Shanty

ahhh a golf buddy of Obama's in spirit? j/k :D

I probably suck at it worse than he does. I like following the bar cart around,by the time we've hit the tenth hole we dont care anymore.

Only they are pure French and white as snow here...my neighbor across the way is Acadian, he owns 200 acres, been in his family for several hundred years... he supposedly is speaking in English, but I don't understand a word he says....such a thick accent....yet we get along great! lol

Only they are pure French and white as snow here...my neighbor across the way is Acadian, he owns 200 acres, been in his family for several hundred years... he supposedly is speaking in English, but I don't understand a word he says....such a thick accent....yet we get along great! lol
Ha Ha here too! What language are they speaking??? Ayup..

Our heating bills have also been astronomical. Highest ever.
$120 last month for electric, including heat.:biggrin:
Holy crap! We spent $550 last month to heat a 1600 sq ft cape with natural gas!! Our electricity bill is always at least 150 bucks a month anyway. New England has the highest rates in the country.
We have the same size home, and a cape as well and our Oil heat (forced hot water) was around $225 last month with the electric running around $100 because we ran the space heater for our kitty girl to lay in front of...in the summer our electric runs only around $65....my hot water is from the oil furnace, not electric.

We don't have natural gas up here where I live, the only choice is heating oil...or electric heat if you are a fool!!! :eek:

Our cape is brand new, so maybe we have better insulation than your cape??? Plus, I keep it pretty cold all winter, so not to have a super high bill....

Last edited:
My electric bill will run about the same all year. I do need to run the central air from May through October. It's a heat pump, so pretty efficient.

Our heating bills have also been astronomical. Highest ever.
$120 last month for electric, including heat.:biggrin:
Holy crap! We spent $550 last month to heat a 1600 sq ft cape with natural gas!! Our electricity bill is always at least 150 bucks a month anyway. New England has the highest rates in the country.
We have the same size home, and a cape as well and our Oil heat (forced hot water) was around $225 last month with the electric running around $100 because we ran the space heater for our kitty girl to lay in front of...in the summer our electric runs only around $65.

We don't have natural gas up here where I live, the only choice is heating oil...or electric heat if you are a fool!!! :eek:

Our cape is brand new, so maybe we have better insulation than your cape??? Plus, I keep it pretty cold all winter, so not to have a super high bill....
Ours is pretty well insulated but the natural gas prices have skyrocketed. New England has few pipelines to get it here so its over the top expensive.

Pipeline And Nuclear Shortages Send New England s Utility Bills Soaring - Forbes

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

And here I am in alaska with shorts and t-shirt weather. Just a couple of dirty ice patches on the ground. Grass is visible. May as well move up here. You can see snow caped mountains but that's about it.
image.jpg

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

And here I am in alaska with shorts and t-shirt weather. Just a couple of dirty ice patches on the ground. Grass is visible. May as well move up here. You can see snow caped mountains but that's about it.View attachment 38569
WOW! From the picture, you are WAY AHEAD OF US on the Thaw/on what we call up here, mud season! We don't even have any ground showing where I live...all snow still...and man oh man are we going to have one heck of a thaw and a lot of mud this year! Then comes the black flies from hell that bite, and THEN it will be picture perfect for about 4-6 months and then we start all over again with winter...

Forum List

Back