My Girlfriend's friend. WTF?

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
My girlfriend has a friend from high school that now lives in England and works as a publisher. She married a man she met in college and has three lovely daughters who are really fireplugs. They are love to be active and are extremely well behaved. She was basically living the upper middle class dream. This year my girlfriend visited her while on a business trip and met the kids. One of the girls got cancer of the eye. She was doing Chemo but was adjusting well to it. Recently my girlfriend caught up with her and it seems her friend went for a checkup and they discovered cancer in her ovaries. It was very aggressive and they removed several organs. During the operation her aorta burst and she was in a coma for 9 days. During that time, her husband got a call from a tabloid asking him to comment on the brutal murder of his mother and brother by a nephew. My girlfriend's friend awoke to her husband crying by her bedside.

Things have stabilized a bit for them..but what the fuck?

:eek:

That is a LOT of stuff to happen in a short time frame. Geez.
My thoughts are with them.

Imagine having taken the first love of your life on your first high school date only to find out the next morning that she was brutally murdered by someone else?

Can't beat that. Don't want to. Horrible.

My girlfriend has a friend from high school that now lives in England and works as a publisher. She married a man she met in college and has three lovely daughters who are really fireplugs. They are love to be active and are extremely well behaved. She was basically living the upper middle class dream. This year my girlfriend visited her while on a business trip and met the kids. One of the girls got cancer of the eye. She was doing Chemo but was adjusting well to it. Recently my girlfriend caught up with her and it seems her friend went for a checkup and they discovered cancer in her ovaries. It was very aggressive and they removed several organs. During the operation her aorta burst and she was in a coma for 9 days. During that time, her husband got a call from a tabloid asking him to comment on the brutal murder of his mother and brother by a nephew. My girlfriend's friend awoke to her husband crying by her bedside.

:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

omg.... that is a lot of hits all at once.

Damn. A lot for one family to handle. Your girlfriend will probably find herself feeling spent considering the impact on her friend and her needing emotional help or any kind of help for that matter, and will need your support too. You all are in my thoughts.

CaféAuLait;8679315 said:

Damn. A lot for one family to handle. Your girlfriend will probably find herself feeling spent considering the impact on her friend and her needing emotional help or any kind of help for that matter, and will need your support too. You all are in my thoughts.

She went out over the weekend and got t-shirts and candy for the kids.

Forum List

Back