My Latest Read

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I'm not sure who to thank for making a mention of this book in some thread I cannot remember - perhaps it was 2aman. The post prompted me to buy the book Destructive Generation by Peter Collier and David Horowitz. Since the original publication it has been updated as a look back on the journey of the authors from being at the forefront with the '60s radicals to coming to the realization that their quest for this man-made utopian world they seek is impossible to attain. The authors are wildly reviled by the Leftists of whatever "ism" they believe.

The decade of the '60s is referred to as the decade that just doesn't end - jumping from one failed quest to another with no regard for the destruction left in the wake of failed quests. I am generally an avid reader who can go through a book pretty much "non-stop." This one took time to digest. While I could immediately see some things, it took time for me to digest (or maybe stomach) other things.

For anyone who truly loves America and/or appreciates it - I have to put this book in the "required reading" column. The names and organizations are highly visible and well-known today as are some of the events of the times.

I would recommend in tandem "The Movement toward a New America" by Mitchell Goodman, published in 1970. A collection of articles, pictures, editorials and such spanning the entire sixties and the radical movements of the times in their own nonsensical words, precisely the same nonsensical words currently being used by the Democratic Party and its presidential candidates. There is no better evidence of the insanity these people have foisted upon the United States.

Forum List

Back