My Light Bulb Moment Regarding The Debt Ceiling Standoff

You are falling for the GOP's magic trick. I have pointed out several times the GOP overspends as much as the Democrats. But they only whine about overspending when they don't get to do it.

Don't be such a rube!

I will buy your bullshit when I see you being just as vicious in your attacks on the GOP for their overspending. Until then, you are just a credulous partisan hack.
And once again, I say call the Republicans bluff and cut spending. But, democrats refuse to cut spending.

The place for spending cuts is in the FY24 budget.
Also the place for revenue increases

Something Republicans don’t want to talk about. Not now, not ever
That's what Republicans are talking about. They want cuts to the 2024 budget and Democrats refuse to even talk about it and have presented a 2024 budget with zero cuts.

So let's ignore all the spending that went on in the Trump years....right?

Jesus Christ people. This same Kabuki Theater has been going on for decades now

Deficits (and debt) only matter when Dems are in office.

The first time I noticed this was Dick Cheney saying loudly and proudly that "Deficits don't matter "...less than a decade after the GOP shut down the government over ....yea....deficits

Recessions are the order of things...
What is highly irresponsible is borrowing to continue a boom like Trump did... Trump increased borrowing from Obama time by 2.5% of GDP while having growth less than 2.5% generally.

Sorry but I didn't hear ye back then... No problem with that level of borrowing esentially for an unpaid tax cut...

Alll the time when we pointed this out we were being accused as having TDS or Trump was just owning the Libs..

Now those bills are coming in and the Debt Ceiling has to be raised to pay for these past financial mismanagement....
So what do you want so ye won't bankrupt the country, cut programs for the middle & poor class and let the rich keep the money...

The answer is NO... This scam is over now..
I am against wreckless spending, no matter which side does it. Right now it is Democrats refusing to even talk about cutting expenses.

And once again, I say call the Republicans bluff and cut spending. But, democrats refuse to cut spending.
Cut spending when the democratic budget comes up, NOT when past bills need to be paid.
Republicans had no issue with that........BEFORE.

Why the White House is refusing to negotiate on the debt ...​

1683118991412.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › administration › 382...

Jan 19, 2023 — Congress has voted to increase the debt limit more than a dozen times in the last 25 years — including three times during the Trump ...

That's what Republicans are talking about. They want cuts to the 2024 budget and Democrats refuse to even talk about it and have presented a 2024 budget with zero cuts.

McCarthy controls the House
Let him present an FY24 budget with his desired cuts.
Biden has put out his budget, where is McCarthy?

Using the threat of defaulting on debt, stopping SS, federal salaries, military pay unless you get your way is extortion.

Whistling past the graveyard? You do realize, don't you, that it's not been the Republicans' watch for years now? The next recession will be the democrats' fault and you can't make the case it's not.

For some reason, major recessions always happen while Republicans are in charge
For some reason, they always blame Democrats

Great point! Kennedy was murdered and the guy I voted for, Reagan was 6 weeks into his Presidency when the same guys tried to whack him too

So is that why Reagan went on to add the 2nd highest percent to our debt?

I am against wreckless spending, no matter which side does it. Right now it is Democrats refusing to even talk about cutting expenses.
You say that NOW.

You sure as hell never did when the GOP was spending all that money and raising the debt ceiling

When the Republicans cut spending when they are in control, then I will buy into their theatrics.

You still have not had your light bulb moment, rube.

Forum List

Back