My local economy is open...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Got home on Friday. Stopped at Dollar General and finally got some paper towels. Hit the Farm and Home for Map Gas and braising rods. Had Arby's for supper. Saturday, O'Reilly's for garden tractor parts, went to the bank, got my hair cut, picked up some ice.

Sure...there where changes. The farm and home had curbside pickup. The bank and Arby's were drive thru only. The barber had a virtual waiting list and called me 15 minutes before he was ready for me (could have opted for up to a half hour) and the barber wore a mask the whole time...no chit-chat...and cut hair outside in a regular old chair.

But it can be done...and we are doing it. Only the movie theater and the bowling alley is still closed as far as I could tell. Our town only has one bar and it is off the beaten path. Our church is having service via radio in the parking lot. Others like the First Baptist are all online.

We have adapted and overcome...only one reported case in our county so far.

Your midsized town can do it too. Can major metropolitans open? That's more of a challenge...but utilizing smart policy... perhaps.

Last edited:
Got home on Friday. Stopped at Dollar General and finally got some paper towels. Hit the Farm and Home for Map Gas and braising rods. Had Arby's for supper. Saturday, O'Reilly's for garden tractor parts, went to the bank, got my hair cut, picked up some ice.

Sure...there where changes. The farm and home had curbside pickup. The bank and Arby's were drive thru only. The barber had a virtual waiting list and called me 15 minutes before he was ready for me (could have opted for up to a half hour) and the barber wore a mask the whole time...no chit-chat...and cut hair outside in a regular old chair.

But it can be done...and we are doling it. Only the movie theater and the bowling alley is still closed as far as I could tell. Our town only has one bar and it is off the beaten path. Our church it's having service via radio in the parking lot. Others like three First Baptist are all online.

Your midsized town can do it too. Can major metropolitans open? That's more of a challenge...but utilizing smart policy... perhaps.
Yes they could...they just don’t want to give up their control.

Plus they also want money from the federal government.

But it can be done...and we are doling it. Only the movie theater and the bowling alley is still closed as far as I could tell. Our town only has one bar and it is off the beaten path. Our church it's having service via radio in the parking lot. Others like three First Baptist are all online.

Pretty much the same in Nassau County.
The old and ill are gone and everyone else is out and about.

Barber shop.......they are still closed ...........my wife cut mine.

Hope they hurry up and open here..........lol

bad_haircuts_02.jpg

The only real change here is that instead of going out to the restaurant, the restaurant comes to you.
In a way, this is nothing new when pizza places have delivered for decades.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I look forward to when the restaurants are open again. I miss being at Fazoli's where the drink refills and unlimited bread sticks are free. :) :) :)

bad_haircuts_02.jpg
Things are getting pretty desperate. I'm going to have to stop the video on my Zoom classes pretty soon. Everyone is praying our beautician can be persuaded to cut hair next week, maybe, if we all wear masks. It's getting pretty ugly.

bad_haircuts_02.jpg
Things are getting pretty desperate. I'm going to have to stop the video on my Zoom classes pretty soon. Everyone is praying our beautician can be persuaded to cut hair next week, maybe, if we all wear masks. It's getting pretty ugly.
Beauticians, barbers and, dentists will be the last to return.
Actually, some oral surgeons have returned to work in NYC and NC.

But it can be done...and we are doing it. Only the movie theater and the bowling alley is still closed as far as I could tell. Our town only has one bar and it is off the beaten path. Our church is having service via radio in the parking lot. Others like the First Baptist are all online.

Which town and county and town do you live?

Which town and county and town do you live?
Sorry dude...I don't swing that way. Try Grinder. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously...I don't give out personal info on the internet. I'm surprised you'd ask.

I just don't see how anyone can justify keeping Walmart, beer stores and in Toronto, subways open, but, smaller businesses can't be open. Even if they are, Canadians are still going to basically be on lock down anyways.

We still have a few weeks of this, but it's obvious the government is concerned about the aftermath. As I said, if Ontario businesses once had customers in the U.S, and the U.S opens while we remain closed, those customers will vanish for good.

Canada knows it. This why the talk of "many months still" to remain closed, has quickly changed to "weeks" and even some "slowly opening up", even as they keep preaching to us to stay inside. If not for the tragedies in old age homes, we'd have half as many deaths.

I just don't see how anyone can justify keeping Walmart, beer stores and in Toronto, subways open, but, smaller businesses can't be open. Even if they are, Canadians are still going to basically be on lock down anyways.

We still have a few weeks of this, but it's obvious the government is concerned about the aftermath. As I said, if Ontario businesses once had customers in the U.S, and the U.S opens while we remain closed, those customers will vanish for good.

Canada knows it. This why the talk of "many months still" to remain closed, has quickly changed to "weeks" and even some "slowly opening up", even as they keep preaching to us to stay inside. If not for the tragedies in old age homes, we'd have half as many deaths.
It's a consolidation of power, and wealth at the top. The politicians (no matter the country) do NOT work for you. They don't care about you. They care about their REAL constituent, the corporate, power elite.
The sad part is...this is just the beginning.
They have established precedent. This is will continue. They shut the world down, with the full and active compliance of the world's citizenry, for a virus which is proving to be nothing stronger than a common strain of flu. What do you think they can achieve if we have one with a legitimate 5% mortality rate?
You are being trained.
This is all so fucking transparent Stevie Wonder could see it.

Forum List

Back