Do you like your local police?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • So-so

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • no.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Never had a problem with the local PD but just heard that cops killed a 95 year old man in a Chicago assisted care center because he "threatened" them with his walker. They shot him with bean bags (as he sat in a chair) and tased him. He died later in a hospital.

One would "think" that those "big bad police officers" could handle ONE old man.

Guess they feared for their lives.......

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...atment-tased-and-shot-with-bean-bags-by-cops/

Last edited:
Never had a problem with the local PD but just heard that cops killed a 95 year old man in a Chicago assisted care center because he "threatened" them with his walker. They shot him with bean bags (as he sat in a chair) and tased him. He died later in a hospital.

One would "think" that those "big bad police officers" could handle ONE old man.

95-Year-Old Vet Dead After Resisting Medical Treatment, Tased and Shot With Bean Bags by Cops | Video | TheBlaze.com

The story I read said he was brandishing a kitchen knife.

It depends on the season as to how our local cops are.

When the tourists are here, they are a royal pain to death with as a local. They take so much grief from the tourists, that they will take it out on the locals.

But once the tourists are mostly gone, most of the cops go back to being pretty laid back on most issues.

Haven't had any dealings with them so I really can't say personally, I haven't heard any horror stories either so I guess their doing OK.

I cant stand most cops that I have met. I think out of all the ones I have dealt with only a small handful were not narcissistic cowards that need a gun to prove their authority. i have 2 family members that are cops and they have the same exact opinion.

95-Year-Old Vet Dead After Resisting Medical Treatment, Tased and Shot With Bean Bags by Cops | Video | TheBlaze.com

The story I read said he was brandishing a kitchen knife.

So you have no problem with 6-7 police officers shooting a 95 year old man, confined to a wheel chair who "supposedly" threatened these poor little guys with a "kitchen knife"? Not ONE MEMBER of the staff saw the man holding this supposed "knife".

Additionally, since you read the story, no doubt you saw that the mans death has been ruled a homocide?

This old man was in an assisted living facility on an "involuntary hold". Where the hell would he get a kitchen knife? nd the question remains: How can these "heroes" justify killing a 95 year old man? Was he quicker and faster than all 7 of these big brave well armed "officers"??

There are far too many "incidents" happening today.....

Last edited:
I cant stand most cops that I have met. I think out of all the ones I have dealt with only a small handful were not narcissistic cowards that need a gun to prove their authority. i have 2 family members that are cops and they have the same exact opinion.

My Nephew ( a Detective ) says the same thing. He says the Force is changing daily, to the point where he doesn't understand it any longer.

I was brought up to believe that you could trust the Police. I no longer feel that way. In fact, I believe these "heroes" are becoming nothing more than "bullies with badges".

Power corrupts ... My local police suck; Montgomery Cty Md police harbor illegals -I find that treasonous.

I feel that cops should always be polite, and should be held to the very highest standards, but that is far from reality - they don't inforce the law; they are political puppets.

I feel that alot of them sacrifice their identity; captured by the power - which makes them handicaped.

I wonder how many actually choose law inforcement to serve others? I know that there are many great human beings that are cops, and I also know that there are scores of them that are not.

i only have contact with the county mounties, so i can not vote, it's an individual thing, some of the guys'n gals are "cool" others are pure pricks. :up:

McDonald County, Missouri.

Nice. I live right outside of D.C. where there are police everywhere. I just got a ticket for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign that was literally in the middle of an affluent gigantic neighborhood, where nothing bad could possibly happen, while on the way to a client. And I'm a guy who does 23 in a 25 mph zone every time.

2 tickets. The second one was for not having my registration. Which was in my car but I had no idea where as I hadn't been pulled over for years and the cop didn't seem to care. But oops when he came back he had 2 tickets for me. $205 later... I now hate police.

I was in the Army at Ft. Belvoir, VA in 85-86. We would go to Chevy Chase to party, one night all the people from the bar closings were walking to our vehicles. Well I crossed an empty street in the middle as did about 30 other people. After I crossed an officer came up to me nd wanted an ID so he could write me a ticket for jay walking, no one else just me.I never paid the fine, even though it was a two dollar fine.
Cops are more of a leech on society than those on welfare in my book.

I was in the Army at Ft. Belvoir, VA in 85-86. We would go to Chevy Chase to party, one night all the people from the bar closings were walking to our vehicles. Well I crossed an empty street in the middle as did about 30 other people. After I crossed an officer came up to me nd wanted an ID so he could write me a ticket for jay walking, no one else just me.I never paid the fine, even though it was a two dollar fine.
Cops are more of a leech on society than those on welfare in my book.

I don't knock them for being leeches on society... but I can't believe they're okay with being glorified tax collectors...

I guess everyone has to make a living.

Also I live literally 5 minutes away from Fort Belvoir and have been going there for work about 3 times a week for 2 years.

You wouldn't believe AT ALL how much they've changed the area since '86. This place has BLOWN UP. Do you remember Springfield Mall by any chance?

Forum List

Back