Do you like your local police?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • So-so

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • no.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
I was in the Army at Ft. Belvoir, VA in 85-86. We would go to Chevy Chase to party, one night all the people from the bar closings were walking to our vehicles. Well I crossed an empty street in the middle as did about 30 other people. After I crossed an officer came up to me nd wanted an ID so he could write me a ticket for jay walking, no one else just me.I never paid the fine, even though it was a two dollar fine.
Cops are more of a leech on society than those on welfare in my book.

I don't knock them for being leeches on society... but I can't believe they're okay with being glorified tax collectors...

I guess everyone has to make a living.

Also I live literally 5 minutes away from Fort Belvoir and have been going there for work about 3 times a week for 2 years.

You wouldn't believe AT ALL how much they've changed the area since '86. This place has BLOWN UP. Do you remember Springfield Mall by any chance?

Yes, is it gone now?

I was in the Army at Ft. Belvoir, VA in 85-86. We would go to Chevy Chase to party, one night all the people from the bar closings were walking to our vehicles. Well I crossed an empty street in the middle as did about 30 other people. After I crossed an officer came up to me nd wanted an ID so he could write me a ticket for jay walking, no one else just me.I never paid the fine, even though it was a two dollar fine.
Cops are more of a leech on society than those on welfare in my book.

I don't knock them for being leeches on society... but I can't believe they're okay with being glorified tax collectors...

I guess everyone has to make a living.

Also I live literally 5 minutes away from Fort Belvoir and have been going there for work about 3 times a week for 2 years.

You wouldn't believe AT ALL how much they've changed the area since '86. This place has BLOWN UP. Do you remember Springfield Mall by any chance?

Yes, is it gone now?

Pretty much. They've been closing stores since 2008 and just started tearing it down about a year ago. It's sad to look at these days. :(

But the plan is to build a super trendy commercial area in its place so it should be fine. Which is pretty much what's happening all around here. There's non-stop construction going on everywhere around here it's crazy. I don't think you'd recognize this place if you visited but you'd probably be pretty happy that it's done so well.

No idea...I think there are four town cops here. State police are a bunch of swaggering thugs on a power trip.

Look, let me make one thing clear. I don't "hate" police. I live in rural Montana and all I deal with is the Sherriff (who he and his deputies are OK). They treat me fine.

My problem is in these larger cities where police are taking advantage of elderly, the infirmed (mentally ill) and the young. Just read the story today of a cop smacking the hell out of a child. This is happening entirely too much - and far too often.

Anymore, when there is a domestic disturbance, the guys show up (50 of them) with military M4s, Body Armor, Helmets etc and look like military. This is NOT right. They are just as apt to raid the wrong house, kill the occupants then say "ooooops". These "law enforcement" officers are getting more and more out of hand each day and we are well on our way to a police state.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-oregon-cop-appears-to-smack-10-year-old-boy/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back