My neighbour broke the lockdown directive today.

She had 3 friends around for a garden party and the rules state quite clearly that you should not have visitors and you should only travel if essential.

The rules are very clear on this. She was non-compliant for having people around who were non resident and they were non-compliant by making a journey that was not essential. They were all non-compliant by being seated within 6 foot of each other.

As you can see there was a LOT of non compliance going on.

This presented me with a dilemma. On the one hand she is generally a good neighbour who is quiet, keeps her lawn neat and takes in our parcels when we are out. But on the other hand she is breaking the law and putting everyone at risk.

So I got on the lockdown hotline and spoke to a member of the compliance squad. They are very well organised, probably because they are part of one of the governments death squad groups.

Half an hour later and there was a van outside and 4 officers taking names and "kicking ass" as you would say. Nobody was arrested but tickets were issued and £1k fines will follow in due course. A high price for a quiet afternoon in the garden.

I am not one to blow my own trumpet but I like to think that my prompt actions have helped to stop the spread of the virus. I might even have saved their lives.

I doubt that I will get any thanks though.

I sure hope they told youyr neighbors who snitched on them.

Cops will do that to play down the anger they face. Saying they are just doing their job and shifting the blame / anger.

.....I told on my co-worker who kept coughing into his hands and touching parts others would touch...but our lives and jobs were on the line

She had 3 friends around for a garden party and the rules state quite clearly that you should not have visitors and you should only travel if essential.

The rules are very clear on this. She was non-compliant for having people around who were non resident and they were non-compliant by making a journey that was not essential. They were all non-compliant by being seated within 6 foot of each other.

This presented me with a dilemma. On the one hand she is generally a good neighbour who is quiet, keeps her lawn neat and takes in our parcels when we are out. But on the other hand she is breaking the law and putting everyone at risk.

So I got on the lockdown hotline and spoke to a member of the compliance squad. They are very well organised, probably because they are part of one of the governments death squad groups.

Half an hour later and there was a van outside and 4 officers taking names and "kicking ass" as you would say. Nobody was arrested but tickets were issued and £1k fines will follow in due course. A high price for a quiet afternoon in the garden.

I am not one to blow my own trumpet but I like to think that my prompt actions have helped to stop the spread of the virus. I might even have saved their lives.

Well maybe you could have tell her "this is against the law now don't do it or you will get into trouble" ;)

UPDATE ----------
Nothing happening today. My brave stand for compliance seems to have won the day. My work here is done.

Bravery had nothing to do with your actions. There was zero bravery needed, you were protected by anonymity.

You're just a little brown shirt happy to make some poor people's lives miserable. Like yours.

Just remember, tainty, karma is a stone cold bitch, and you will get your karmic bitch slap one of these days.

Just don't whine too much when it happens.

Why are so many trumpers OK with breaking the law ?

You're the type of person who would have called the SS on their neighbors for harboring Jews in their attic... because, you know, against the law...

I'm not a Trumper, never have been, never will be. What I am is, a fan of mind your own fucking business if something has direct effect on you or yours. From what I gather from your tale of fear, nothing they were doing had a direct effect on you or yours.
They were spreading the virus. It affects all of us. How can you be so obtuse ?

Not for nothing Tommy, but how do you know for a fact they were spreading the virus? Did you test them yourself? Did you see a positive test result for them? If not, you don't know if they had it or not, or if they were passing it.

Thanks for that, Tommy. I've been out and about volunteering, so this is the first break I've had all week. We all need a good laugh in these times and the responses to your OP had me rolling about.

Thanks for that, Tommy. I've been out and about volunteering, so this is the first break I've had all week. We all need a good laugh in these times and the responses to your OP had me rolling about.
I thought "death squads" was a step too far but.........................

Didja have fun trolling Tommy?

Yes Sue. I took a little trouble in order to lighten the gloom and people seemed to enjoy it. My OP was well written, satirical and to the point. I can only see one error in it that detracts from perfection.

Did you have fun going around infecting your neighbours ?

Yes Sue. I took a little trouble in order to lighten the gloom and people seemed to enjoy it. My OP was well written, satirical and to the point. I can only see one error in it that detracts from perfection.

Did you have fun going around infecting your neighbours ?

Wales itself is a whole satire, Tommy

Why are so many trumpers OK with breaking the law ?

You're the type of person who would have called the SS on their neighbors for harboring Jews in their attic... because, you know, against the law...

I'm not a Trumper, never have been, never will be. What I am is, a fan of mind your own fucking business if something has direct effect on you or yours. From what I gather from your tale of fear, nothing they were doing had a direct effect on you or yours.
They were spreading the virus. It affects all of us. How can you be so obtuse ?
How do you know if any of them were infected?

I just saved your lives and all I get is abuse.
What is more important - lives or freedom? What is better - to die as a human being or live as a nit?
The freedom to kill your neighbours is not one that I recognise.
It is not about them, it is about you. May be their intentions were good (if it was a charity event), may be - stupid, but, likely, they were not evil.
Your intentions were obviously selfish. And selfishness and snitching are much more dangerous for people than any virus.
What will you do tomorrow? "Fight against AIDS spreading" by spying for neighbour's sexual life?
Man, as far as I know, British healthcare system don't even try to cure patients with CoViD-19. People, surviving in such anti-human society must try to be more open and nice, may be even help each other sometimes. But, yes, it is you choice, and it is one of the main reasons why the whole Britain became third-world shithole.

Forum List

Back