My three electric vehicle questions.

Great then show me the math for how auto manufacturers intend to meet the new standard.
SELL FEWER HOGS.

Same answer as the one you are whining about.
It's like they have their memories wiped after every post.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SELL FEWER HOGS.

This is how it is done.

But American auto buys don't want that, the LOVE paying a lot for gas. And when the gas gets more expensive they never question their stupid decision to buy a gas guzzler, they blame the President.

It used to be that when someone made a good decision it was a good decision for the future as well. But that isn't how people in America buy cars.

The real problem with CAFE standards is it forces the American consumer to accept that they might have limits on what they can buy and it will appear to them to be a massive infringement of their imaginary rights to buy whatever they want.

I'm surprised they don't demand to be able to buy cars that don't have seat belts and burn leaded gasoline.

I know enough about them to know this amounts to a mandate to produce a certain amount of EV's.

It's a mandate (like the mandate to make cars that run on unleaded gasoline and have seatbelts).

In other words: don't be scared of something that has already been part of your life since you were able to drive.

It's a mandate (like the mandate to make cars that run on unleaded gasoline and have seatbelts).
Correct. Except this is a market making mandate. Bad things happen when governments try to control markets. You'll see soon enough.

In other words: don't be scared of something that has already been part of your life since you were able to drive.
Incorrect. This is a solution to a problem we don't have and wouldn't work if we did have it.

Correct. Except this is a market making mandate.

No, this is a government mandate (CAFE standards) which dictates to the market the mix of mileages in the fleet.

Bad things happen when governments try to control markets.

They've been controlling the market you live in every single minute of every single day since you've been alive so I don't know what you are comparing it to.

You'll see soon enough.

I've already seen enough. I've seen the mandate to eliminated leaded gasoline since I was starting to drive about the time the switch really came on. I've seen mandates for seatbelts (thank god, otherwise I would have killed myself. I drove like an idiot as a young college kid on those straight midwestern section line roads that were straight as an arrow for miles and miles and I had a '74 Dodge Dart.)

No, this is a government mandate (CAFE standards) which dictates to the market the mix of mileages in the fleet.

They've been controlling the market you live in every single minute of every single day since you've been alive so I don't know what you are comparing it to.

I've already seen enough. I've seen the mandate to eliminated leaded gasoline since I was starting to drive about the time the switch really came on. I've seen mandates for seatbelts (thank god, otherwise I would have killed myself. I drove like an idiot as a young college kid on those straight midwestern section line roads that were straight as an arrow for miles and miles and I had a '74 Dodge Dart.)
You can piss on me and tell me it's rain all you want but you aren't going to fool me. This is the government controlling the auto market and it will not end well.

You can piss on me and tell me it's rain all you want but you aren't going to fool me. This is the government controlling the auto market and it will not end well.

The government already controls the auto market. CAFE standards are still real. They still exist. Just right now the options allow for bad choices.

And, again, you have to drive a car that burns unleaded gas. That's a government mandate. You have to have a seat belt and have to have airbags.

There's nothing about the market that is as free as you seem to imagine it to be.

The government already controls the auto market. CAFE standards are still real. They still exist. Just right now the options allow for bad choices.

And, again, you have to drive a car that burns unleaded gas. That's a government mandate. You have to have a seat belt and have to have airbags.

There's nothing about the market that is as free as you seem to imagine it to be.
It's hilarious you can't see what is happening. It's not going to end well. It never does when the government controls markets.

It's hilarious you can't see what is happening. It's not going to end well. It never does when the government controls markets.

I assumed you live in America. Was I mistaken? Because the government already controls a lot of the market. You've NEVER lived in an America where it wasn't like that. (Unless you are over 130 years old)

I assumed you live in America. Was I mistaken? Because the government already controls a lot of the market. You've NEVER lived in an America where it wasn't like that. (Unless you are over 130 years old)
I've never seen such an over reach of government controlling markets than I have in the past 20 years. It's not going to end well.

Forum List

Back