My Three Global Warming Fraud Websites

Solyndra was driven into bankruptcy by an 89% drop over 18 months in the cost of its competitor's raw materials and a nearly simultaneous drop in the cost of natural gas. It was not a scheme to take taxpayer money, it was a scheme to build a tremendously successful business that failed due to nearly unforeseeable market changes. And from Wikipedia's article:
Also in 2011, a US Department of the Treasury official confirmed that the criminal probe of Solyndra was focused on whether the company and its officers misrepresented the firm's finances to the government in seeking the loan or engaged in accounting fraud. Emails showed that the Obama administration had concerns about the legality of the Department of Energy's loan restructuring plan and warned OMB director Jeffrey D. Zients that the plan should be cleared with the Department of Justice first, which the Department of Energy had not done. The emails also revealed that, as early as August 2009, an aide to then-White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had asked a Department of Energy official if he could discuss any concerns among the investment community about Solyndra but that the official dismissed the idea that Solyndra had financial problems. The bankruptcy court approved the hiring of the chief restructuring officer Todd Neilson.

Thus failures in the management of loan guarantees to Solyndra were the responsibility of the DoE and took place despite efforts by the Obama administration to exercise greater care and restraint over the financial process.

Well, color me corrected and very pleased. Just allow me to point out that specifying mandatory emission limits does not specify the technology to be used. If ABC Power and Light can meet its required emission limts while burning oily bituminous coal, more power to them.

So, the states that implemented statutory GHG reduction requirements or required a percentage of electricity sold come from renewable sources - did they do this using a power new to the state that they had used AGW to manufacture from whole cloth or were they accomplished making use of powers they had possessed all along? Eh?

Solyndra was driven into bankruptcy by an 89% drop over 18 months in the cost of its competitor's raw materials and a nearly simultaneous drop in the cost of natural gas.

I guess their green money contributions to Obama didn't repeal all market forces.

Well, color me corrected and very pleased. Just allow me to point out that specifying mandatory emission limits does not specify the technology to be used.

Right. Generate power any way you want, just don't emit CO2.
Sounds like they're mandating "green" energy.

I wonder if they'd allow more nuclear? Somehow I doubt it.

did they do this using a power new to the state that they had used AGW to manufacture from whole cloth or were they accomplished making use of powers they had possessed all along? Eh?

Using a power they never used before didn't result in them having more power/control/campaign contributions?

Solyndra was driven into bankruptcy by an 89% drop over 18 months in the cost of its competitor's raw materials and a nearly simultaneous drop in the cost of natural gas.

I guess their green money contributions to Obama didn't repeal all market forces.

Well, color me corrected and very pleased. Just allow me to point out that specifying mandatory emission limits does not specify the technology to be used.

Right. Generate power any way you want, just don't emit CO2.
Sounds like they're mandating "green" energy.

I wonder if they'd allow more nuclear? Somehow I doubt it.

did they do this using a power new to the state that they had used AGW to manufacture from whole cloth or were they accomplished making use of powers they had possessed all along? Eh?

Using a power they never used before didn't result in them having more power/control/campaign contributions?
They must have been paying off someone in the DoE. It appears that they DIDN'T pay off anyone in the Obama administration. And they did NOT make use of any new legal or political power to do what they did. I repeat, you're attempting to fear-monger Todd and I would have thought you were way too smart to try a loser route like that.

They must have been paying off someone in the DoE. It appears that they DIDN'T pay off anyone in the Obama administration. And they did NOT make use of any new legal or political power to do what they did. I repeat, you're attempting to fear-monger Todd and I would have thought you were way too smart to try a loser route like that.

They must have been paying off someone in the DoE. It appears that they DIDN'T pay off anyone in the Obama administration.

What campaign contributions did they send Obama's way?

And they did NOT make use of any new legal or political power to do what they did.

Campaign contributions are legal. Duh.
So are stupid government programs that guaranteed loans for "green energy" idiocy.

They must have been paying off someone in the DoE. It appears that they DIDN'T pay off anyone in the Obama administration.

What campaign contributions did they send Obama's way?

And they did NOT make use of any new legal or political power to do what they did.

Campaign contributions are legal. Duh.
So are stupid government programs that guaranteed loans for "green energy" idiocy.
I don't know what contributions they made or to whom. And, apparently, you don't either. Do you have any evidence to support any of the charges you've made? Keep in mind your original claim Todd: That global warming was being pushed by politicians to acquire "power, control and money". I see no increase in power, no added control and no more money than has ever flown about political circles. As I pointed out, Solyndra was knocked out by an enormous and unforeseeable reduction in their PV competitor's raw materials costs and a contemporaneous drop in the cost of natural gas. It was never a scam to bilk the government of money. It was an attempt to build a successful business. You're a republican Todd. You're supposed to support free market capitalism. Your party believes government EXISTS to serve the needs of businesses. Make up your mind which way you're leaning.

I don't know what contributions they made or to whom. And, apparently, you don't either. Do you have any evidence to support any of the charges you've made? Keep in mind your original claim Todd: That global warming was being pushed by politicians to acquire "power, control and money". I see no increase in power, no added control and no more money than has ever flown about political circles. As I pointed out, Solyndra was knocked out by an enormous and unforeseeable reduction in their PV competitor's raw materials costs and a contemporaneous drop in the cost of natural gas. It was never a scam to bilk the government of money. It was an attempt to build a successful business. You're a republican Todd. You're supposed to support free market capitalism. Your party believes government EXISTS to serve the needs of businesses. Make up your mind which way you're leaning.

I don't know what contributions they made or to whom. And, apparently, you don't either.

So when you said they received no green energy money, you were lying.

1652707069183.png

1652707282550.png

It was never a scam to bilk the government of money. It was an attempt to build a successful business.

Right. And? Does their failure somehow disprove a claim I made?

You're supposed to support free market capitalism.

Yes. That's one of the reasons I think these stupid green energy mandates are so stupid.

I don't know what contributions they made or to whom. And, apparently, you don't either.

So when you said they received no green energy money, you were lying.

The quoted comment concerned contributions by Solyndra to the Obama campaign, not green energy money. I pointed out that the Infrastructure bill only incuded funds for weatherizing the nation's electrical grid. Funding for projects to actually reduce GHG emissions were part of the Build Back Better act, which did not pass. Both of these, of course, were Biden programs and by the time there were being considered, Solyndra was long gone.

So, Solyndra donated more money to democrats than to republicans. I'm no fan of political donations but if you think the donation itself is admissible evidence of a crime, I'd like to hear you say it. This can be applied in lots of places.

View attachment 645326

So people that invested in Solyndra also donated money to the Obama campaign. How does that work as a scam? Who is buying the influence? Not Solyndra.

It was never a scam to bilk the government of money. It was an attempt to build a successful business.

Right. And? Does their failure somehow disprove a claim I made?

The actual cause of their failure does.

You're supposed to support free market capitalism.

Yes. That's one of the reasons I think these stupid green energy mandates are so stupid.

But you love subsidies for the oil industry. You love protection against foreign competition. You love tax breaks to keep industries home in the USA.

The quoted comment concerned contributions by Solyndra to the Obama campaign, not green energy money. I pointed out that the Infrastructure bill only incuded funds for weatherizing the nation's electrical grid. Funding for projects to actually reduce GHG emissions were part of the Build Back Better act, which did not pass. Both of these, of course, were Biden programs and by the time there were being considered, Solyndra was long gone.

So, Solyndra donated more money to democrats than to republicans. I'm no fan of political donations but if you think the donation itself is admissible evidence of a crime, I'd like to hear you say it. This can be applied in lots of places.

So people that invested in Solyndra also donated money to the Obama campaign. How does that work as a scam? Who is buying the influence? Not Solyndra.

But you love subsidies for the oil industry. You love protection against foreign competition. You love tax breaks to keep industries home in the USA.

The quoted comment concerned contributions by Solyndra to the Obama campaign, not green energy money.

My comment was that this green idiocy gives them more power, control and money.

Did I give you enough proof of my claim yet?

So, Solyndra donated more money to democrats than to republicans.

And George Kaiser raised a bunch of money for Obama.

So people that invested in Solyndra also donated money to the Obama campaign. How does that work as a scam? Who is buying the influence?

"Ummmmm.......I invested a bunch of money in Solyndra (and raised money for Obama), how about a $535 million loan guarantee for Solyndra?"

Which of my claims does their failure disprove?

But you love subsidies for the oil industry.

Which ones?

The quoted comment concerned contributions by Solyndra to the Obama campaign, not green energy money.

My comment was that this green idiocy gives them more power, control and money.

Did I give you enough proof of my claim yet?

1) Who is "THEM"?
2) What power?
3) What control?
4) What money?

So, Solyndra donated more money to democrats than to republicans.

And George Kaiser raised a bunch of money for Obama.

So people that invested in Solyndra also donated money to the Obama campaign. How does that work as a scam? Who is buying the influence?

"Ummmmm.......I invested a bunch of money in Solyndra (and raised money for Obama), how about a $535 million loan guarantee for Solyndra?"

But the guarantees came from the DoE and despite warmings from the Obama Administration. Are you familiar with SoloPower? They also got loan guarantees during the Obama administration but they didn't fold till 2017. So, I guess Trump was in on that one. What you're missing here Todd is any sign of an actual quid pro quo between Obama and the investors. Let me know when you have some.

Which of my claims does their failure disprove?

If the cost of their competitor's raw materials and that of natural gas had not dropped, Solyndra would have gone on to be a successful company. No claim against the loan guarantees would have been necessary. At the time those guarantees were made, they were a completely reasonable option.

Which ones?

Apparently, all of them.

What subsidies? Other than unconventional reservoirs like coal-bed methane and tight sand (shale) tax credits - which ended in the early 2000's - I am unaware of the oil industry being subsidized to produce oil and gas.

1) Who is "THEM"?
2) What power?
3) What control?
4) What money?

But the guarantees came from the DoE and despite warmings from the Obama Administration. Are you familiar with SoloPower? They also got loan guarantees during the Obama administration but they didn't fold till 2017. So, I guess Trump was in on that one. What you're missing here Todd is any sign of an actual quid pro quo between Obama and the investors. Let me know when you have some.

If the cost of their competitor's raw materials and that of natural gas had not dropped, Solyndra would have gone on to be a successful company. No claim against the loan guarantees would have been necessary. At the time those guarantees were made, they were a completely reasonable option.

Apparently, all of them.

1) Who is "THEM"?

Politicians.

2) What power?

To ban ICEs. To mandate idiotic levels of wind and solar. To ban coal and nuclear. Etc. Etc.

3) What control?

LOL! Control over ever larger parts of the economy.

4) What money?

Campaign contributions. Jobs for friends and family.
Lobbying jobs after they leave office. Speaking fees.

But the guarantees came from the DoE and despite warmings from the Obama Administration.

There was a limited amount of money available in the program. The biggest shareholder
was a huge Obama donor, fundraiser, supporter. The Obama administration said, "Don't guarantee their loans, we really mean it". LOL!

Yeah, they must have really strenuously objected. DURR.

Are you familiar with SoloPower? They also got loan guarantees during the Obama administration but they didn't fold till 2017.

Another Obama green energy failure? I'm shocked!!!

What you're missing here Todd is any sign of an actual quid pro quo between Obama and the investors. Let me know when you have some.

You're sounding like a 7th grader Crick.

Let's pretend all that is true. Which of my claims would that disprove? Be specific.
Post the claim.

I've recently seen a list of them and I'm sure I could find it again. And if you were to actually explain what you intend with the term "government overreach" I might be motivated to do so.

80% of what the government does today is overreach.

Banning ICEs and mandating "green" energy is one of the dumber, more expensive overreaches.

Sorry, that doesn't do it. Think of yourself as Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Todd's Definitions. What do I find when I look up "government overreach". You don't define terms by giving examples.

Sorry, that doesn't do it. Think of yourself as Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Todd's Definitions. What do I find when I look up "government overreach". You don't define terms by giving examples.
Performing a duty it was never intended to do. For example, mandating electric vehicles, mandating health insurance coverage, forcing citizens to purchase products from other citizens, etc.

Not with synonyms either - at least not by themeselves. "When the government does [FILL-in-the-BLANK], it is overreaching"
Dude, I just defined it for you in great detail. I even provided examples of what that would look like.
The ball is squarely in your court.

Performing a duty it was never intended to do. For example, mandating electric vehicles, mandating health insurance coverage, forcing citizens to purchase products from other citizens, etc.
The founders of our government and authors of our Constitution never intended the government to regulate commercial flight. They never intended the government to explore space and other planets. They never intended the government to regulate hazardous material in the workplace. They never intended the government to maintain and distribute retirement funds for America's elderly. They never intended the government to fund medical research. The government does a thousand things the founders never intended them to do. Fortunately, the founders crafted a Constitution that has the flexibility and adaptability to handle the unforeseen. The founders DID intend that the government, as it's most important duty, work always towards the common welfare of the American people. These days, that includes working to stave off catastrophic global warming.

The founders of our government and authors of our Constitution never intended the government to regulate commercial flight. They never intended the government to explore space and other planets. They never intended the government to regulate hazardous material in the workplace. They never intended the government to maintain and distribute retirement funds for America's elderly. They never intended the government to fund medical research. The government does a thousand things the founders never intended them to do. Fortunately, the founders crafted a Constitution that has the flexibility and adaptability to handle the unforeseen. The founders DID intend that the government, as it's most important duty, work always towards the common welfare of the American people. These days, that includes working to stave off catastrophic global warming.
There is no catastrophic global warming. And if there were changing what the US does wouldn't change a thing as the US is not the problem. If you really want to solve the problem you are going to have to send US taxpayer dollars to other countries. That would be OK in your mind, right?

Forum List

Back