Mylo passed away

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Rat Terrier this summer and still miss the little shit. He had a HUGE personality and it wasn't all fun and games but he was quite the companion, like having a kid around.

My guy went pretty quick and too soon for his breed and I had to take him in to do the deed. It was all so sudden, one day he was running around like a puppy at the dog park and four days later he couldn't play or eat. I don't know if it's better fast or slow, I thought slow would be better to have time to adjust.
I don't think slow is better for the animal, I felt terrible for Mylo.

Last night I had a cup of tea in my bedroom, and when I got up I started looking around for a place to put it out of her reach. She used to slurp down any coffee or tea left down where she could get it, the minute you walked out of the room.

You mentioned Mylo many times, so I feel I sort of know your dog. You may be tempted to get another animal in a while. Remember dogs drool and cats rule! Trust me on this one. ;)

You mentioned Mylo many times, so I feel I sort of know your dog. You may be tempted to get another animal in a while. Remember dogs drool and cats rule! Trust me on this one. ;)

In some types of dogs droolng is an asset.:biggrin:

I think it would be hard for a dog person to switch over to cats.

Cats are very reserved and sometimes they want affection and sometimes they do not.

Dogs are affectionate all the time -- overly affectionate for a cat lover.

Last night I had a cup of tea in my bedroom, and when I got up I started looking around for a place to put it out of her reach. She used to slurp down any coffee or tea left down where she could get it, the minute you walked out of the room.
My cat will taste any food or drink that I leave out too.

I have to put it in the fridge if I need to step away for a phone call etc.

He hates liquor though -- won't go near it. Shakes his head too.

Mylo is in dog/cat heaven.

I am guessing the dogs chase the cats there same as down here on Earth.

After studying Descartes in depth regarding Philosophy and his particular view of animals, I have to disagree with him.

Animals clearly have souls same as people do.

Animals sleep, dream, twitch in their sleep, love, hate, fear, and all the things that humans do and feel.

Do you put your cat on a lead?
My cat actually comes to me when I call to him.

I trained him since he was born to recognize his name "Snowball" (he is a white Angora) and to him that means come here for food.

So I don't need a leash of any kind.

When we moved cross country I put a harness on him with a tether to make sure he did not escape from the cargo area of my SUV while we travelled for 2 days.

Other than this I have never used the harness and leash on him.

Do you put your cat on a lead?
My cat actually comes to me when I call to him.

I trained him since he was born to recognize his name "Snowball" (he is a white Angora) and to him that means come here for food.

So I don't need a leash of any kind.

When we moved cross country I put a harness on him with a tether to make sure he did not escape from the cargo area of my SUV while we travelled for 2 days.

Other than this I have never used the harness and leash on him.
Awww. He sounds delightful. I'm mainly a dog person, but I love cats too.

[

I feel terrible saying this..but it's sort of nice. Mostly I miss her...but boy I do enjoy the fact that I don't have 10-14 lbs of hot prickly dog laying across my legs or against my butt in bed.

Bed arrangements can be tricky. My Dingo is 45 pounds, the Greyhound pup is 80 pounds. Both of them sleep in bed with my wife and I. I don't think I could sleep without them..

My Dingo is 11, but in perfect health according to her last vet visit. Losing a dog is second only to losing a child.

:(
It's the first time I've slept alone in my bed for ten years.
Jeeze koshergrl get over to the pet rescue and adopt a new dog fast.

You're just torturing yourself the longer you wait.

Sorry to hear about your dog.
I have to agree. I lost my 18-yr-old Doxie a few months ago and waited almost three months before I found a ne little companion at a rescue "adoption clinic". She's butt-ugly and has a few behavioral problems, but we'll get past all that with lots of love and patience.

[

I feel terrible saying this..but it's sort of nice. Mostly I miss her...but boy I do enjoy the fact that I don't have 10-14 lbs of hot prickly dog laying across my legs or against my butt in bed.

Bed arrangements can be tricky. My Dingo is 45 pounds, the Greyhound pup is 80 pounds. Both of them sleep in bed with my wife and I. I don't think I could sleep without them..

My Dingo is 11, but in perfect health according to her last vet visit. Losing a dog is second only to losing a child.
Mylo was in perfect health too...she was 12 though and once she got sick it went pretty quickly.

I've lost a lot of animals over the years and it's always bad. Once Snoop is gone (he's 11 I think) I'm finished with pets.

Forum List

Back