Mysterious Blue Lines Are Appearing On Curbs Across America. Here’s The Meaning Behind Them…

We have 3 sets of cops in my neck of the woods: parish, city and state. They are all over the place. I've got about 5 cop cars that live within spitting distance, one of them 2 doors down. Our firemen are mostly volunteer and firehouses are as plentiful as churches and bars (that means there are a LOT). The National Guard Armory is close, and we see NG in uniform frequently. People here still want to serve and protect, and the others still say "Thank you" to the ones who do.

Drive an hour SE or NW and its thug central. I worry how long we will remain the city I love.
N'awlins???

New Orleans SLANGUAGE

That's one of the thug centrals I worry will encroach. The other is Baton Rouge, where the bulk of Katrina refugees ended up. We call it New Orleans Light, and part of that city is trying to break off (St George) to save themselves.

A parish? let me guess: blacks are involved . Their high crime rate is absolved somehow through dream logic, Black lives mater? likes matter

I live in Louisiana. We dont have counties, we have parishes. We also operate under Napoleonic Law. Our last census put us at about 48% white, 44% black and 8% other. Our hispanics/latinos are categorized either white or black, with 90%+ of them considered white.

We dont have much crime at all. We dont have racial tensions. We dont have a drug district or high crime area. We dont have gangs here. Our many police forces are diverse: black, white, white latinos (cant think of a black latino one) and a couple I think are vietnamese heritage; male and female; young and old.

Clarification: We dont have much crime against people. Our highest % crime is larceny theft and it is above the national average. We are very low violent crime and very low crime against people (murder -100%, forcible rape -100%, violent crime -66.66%). Our alcoholics and addicts need their next fix, too, though. They just prefer to snatch and run when no one is home. People aren't in the habit of locking up, and its biting us. Larceny theft is +244%. Aggravated assaults tend to be family or barroom related. Coonasses are hotheads and it is a drinking culture.

There was a trend of using blue light bulbs in porch lights to advertise support for LEOs. I thought that was a great idea.
Did the local meth vendor's house have a blue bulb, too?
Not likely. People like that aren't enthusiastic community types. I used to live in a tightly packed neighborhood and I knew my neighbors well, even the one whose cat I murdered. (Ha!). No meth labs anywhere. We wouldn't allow it.

Something to consider...

One thing Welichko stated is some utility companies use blue to mark water lines so some people may want to use painted rocks or blue ribbons to show support rather than painting their curb.

I have also seen blue lines used to mark handicapped parking at the curb.

Mysterious Blue Lines Are Appearing On Curbs Across America. Here's The Meaning Behind Them...

“To all law enforcement who see this line, know that the residents of this home appreciate your service and dedication to keeping the peace,” Welichko wrote on Facebook. “Know that when you enter the neighborhood and see these lines that you are not alone or without ‘back-up.’ We do not need the media to make our voices of support for our police and emergency services heard (though it would be nice). Lastly, if you are in my neighborhood and mean to harm a member of law enforcement, know that decision may be hazardous you (sic) health as someone has that officers (sic) back!”
Reminds me of passover. Doub a special liquid over your doorway and get special treatment.

Forum List

Back