Mysterious Blue Lines Are Appearing On Curbs Across America. Here’s The Meaning Behind Them…

we don't have curbs where i live, we have ditches to drain the snow melt and rain...but my town has no cops either so there is no one to support...
Well, hillbillies have it rough...

Ever consider moving to town???
NEVER! Never will go back to the rat race!!!

We left city life to smell the roses! you can have it! I'd rather have peace, and space,
wild life, no traffic and no crime!

here are my neighbors and friends;

P9186573.JPG

P9186576.JPG

P9186568.JPG
Tasty...

Wish I were there...

I'm an old country boy.
Don't you be eating my friends!!!

We have 7 wild apple trees on our property, and a couple in the meadow across the way, and this time of the year, the deer come out of the woods to eat the apples....I have pictures from last year with as many as 10 of them in my yard going back and forth to the different apple trees....my neighbor Josh, passes them eating the apples...going to his property, and he makes certain to thank me every year, for fattening the deer up for him! I always tell him, don't you be shooting my deer and he laughs at me!!!!
I had a friend in college that brought me some deer meat...

He said his mom kicked his ass for shooting Herman..

Good eating, though.

we don't have curbs where i live, we have ditches to drain the snow melt and rain...but my town has no cops either so there is no one to support...

We left city life to smell the roses! you can have it! I'd rather have peace, and space,

P9186573.JPG

P9186576.JPG

P9186568.JPG
Tasty...

Wish I were there...

I'm an old country boy.

We have 7 wild apple trees on our property, and a couple in the meadow across the way, and this time of the year, the deer come out of the woods to eat the apples....I have pictures from last year with as many as 10 of them in my yard going back and forth to the different apple trees....my neighbor Josh, passes them eating the apples...going to his property, and he makes certain to thank me every year, for fattening the deer up for him! I always tell him, don't you be shooting my deer and he laughs at me!!!!

Good eating, though.
Looks like northern deer... fawn still has spots...

Healthy, though....

Pets???

P9186573.JPG

P9186576.JPG

P9186568.JPG
Tasty...

Wish I were there...

I'm an old country boy.

Good eating, though.

Healthy, though....

Pets???
Are the deer pets??? no, they are not pets, though they don't run when I come outside to take pics, so they are not afraid of me.

or, do I have pets? Yes, a cat, who is scared to death of these deer.... I have no idea why she is so afraid of them...she's a ninja fighter, not even afraid of dogs...the dogs in the neighborhood RUN when they see her coming....she beat up one of them when she thought it was going to attack my husband....she's a tough cookie who thinks she's a lioness, only a 10lb lioness!!!! but when the deer come to feed, she runs to the back door and is shaking until I let her in....I have no idea what that is all about, unless she went after one of the fawns when they were first born and a doe caught her and kicked her or something????

P9186573.JPG

P9186576.JPG

P9186568.JPG
Tasty...

Wish I were there...

I'm an old country boy.

Good eating, though.

Healthy, though....

Pets???
Are the deer pets??? no, they are not pets, though they don't run when I come outside to take pics, so they are not afraid of me.

or, do I have pets? Yes, a cat, who is scared to death of these deer.... I have no idea why she is so afraid of them...she's a ninja fighter, not even afraid of dogs...the dogs in the neighborhood RUN when they see her coming....she beat up one of them when she thought it was going to attack my husband....she's a tough cookie who thinks she's a lioness, only a 10lb lioness!!!! but when the deer come to feed, she runs to the back door and is shaking until I let her in....I have no idea what that is all about, unless she went after one of the fawns when they were first born and a doe caught her and kicked her or something????
Pussy cat...

Mine moved in as a kitten when he slapped my Lab-Pit mix!!!

Nice to see the pix, though.

P9186573.JPG

P9186576.JPG

P9186568.JPG
Tasty...

Wish I were there...

I'm an old country boy.

Good eating, though.

Healthy, though....

Pets???
See how the doe is kind of a camel orange color but you can see this grey color on her too....it's weird, she's loosing her summer colors and she will be a grey deer, the entire winter with no reddish tint.... kind of like molting for birds, they change their feather colors fall and spring.... I will have pics of her in two weeks and she will be a solid dark grey/taupe in color.

P9186573.JPG

P9186576.JPG

P9186568.JPG
Tasty...

Wish I were there...

I'm an old country boy.

Good eating, though.

Healthy, though....

Pets???
See how the doe is kind of a camel orange color but you can see this grey color on her too....it's weird, she's loosing her summer colors and she will be a grey deer, the entire winter with no reddish tint.... kind of like molting for birds, they change their feather colors fall and spring.... I will have pics of her in two weeks and she will be a solid dark grey/taupe in color.
Yeah, they do that...

It's the shed..

Red summer coat, gray winter coat.

The fawns will lose the rest of their spots, too...

this year, she has 2 doe fawns with her, last year she had one girl and one boy buck with her that had 2 little knobs on the top of his head that would eventually grow in to a rack....she is a healthy one....really tall too....a real beauty once she fattens up.... I hope Josh doesnt get her....but he might....he only hunts in the woods around us come season...so chances are good she'll be gone some day.... :(

this year, she has 2 doe fawns with her, last year she had one girl and one boy buck with her that had 2 little knobs on the top of his head that would eventually grow in to a rack....she is a healthy one....really tall too....a real beauty once she fattens up.... I hope Josh doesnt get her....but he might....he only hunts in the woods around us come season...so chances are good she'll be gone some day.... :(
I know you don't like it, but they belong in the wild...

Talk to him...

Tell him it's not sporting to shoot pets... If he's a man, he'll understand.

Talk to him...

i know they belong in the wild, and are a real food source for many Mainers, they probably eat venison 3 times a week up here, everyone has it in their freezer....

she's just a real beauty though!!! I've become fond of her, because she has a will to live, and she's been producing some healthy deer to add to their food collection year after year...I'd hate to see her bite the dust via bullet, when she is tough enough to survive our winters....10 feet of snow last year and a very very long winter...yet, she made it.... i guess my bleeding heart liberal is showing.... :)

Talk to him...

i know they belong in the wild, and are a real food source for many Mainers, they probably eat venison 3 times a week up here, everyone has it in their freezer....

she's just a real beauty though!!! I've become fond of her, because she has a will to live, and she's been producing some healthy deer to add to their food collection year after year...I'd hate to see her bite the dust via bullet, when she is tough enough to survive our winters....10 feet of snow last year and a very very long winter...yet, she made it.... i guess my bleeding heart liberal is showing.... :)
That's nature...

And if you do lose her, you'll have the fawns..

Helpful hint: Feed them good, and they won't go far, OK???

That is a cool idea. I think that I am going to do that tomorrow.

I'm not. It's stupid.

Your comment has no content and insults me by evaluating my stated intent as "stupid". I am reporting you to the mods for a rule violation!

If you need further confirmation, then I think painting the curb is stupid too.
Yeah, well, every asshole has an opinion.

I'm not. It's stupid.

Your comment has no content and insults me by evaluating my stated intent as "stupid". I am reporting you to the mods for a rule violation!

True, and like I said before, yours is stupid.

I'm not. It's stupid.

True, and like I said before, yours is stupid.
I know you are, but what am I?

Go fuck a toaster, you bleeding ****.

Talk to him...

That's nature...

And if you do lose her, you'll have the fawns..

Helpful hint: Feed them good, and they won't go far, OK???

I don't feed them, other than knocking the apples down with a long stick, from the top of the apple trees, and Josh's grandpa, who owns the meadow across the way, after he cuts it down, right before winter, he hauls the meadow hay and other grasses and plants to one corner of the meadow next to the woods, so the deer can eat it during the winter.... other than that, I have no idea how these deer even survive the winter or what they eat?

the first year we moved here, Maine had a really bad winter, and 2/3's of maine's deer herd, DIED.....!!! 2/3'rd died from the freezing cold...they cut back hunting season after that...they estimated it would be cut short or limited in kills for the next 5-10 years to get the herd back up to normal counts....but in just two years the herd reached normal size for Maine again and they got rid of the limits.

A parish? let me guess: blacks are involved . Their high crime rate is absolved somehow through dream logic, Black lives mater? likes matter

I live in Louisiana. We dont have counties, we have parishes. We also operate under Napoleonic Law. Our last census put us at about 48% white, 44% black and 8% other. Our hispanics/latinos are categorized either white or black, with 90%+ of them considered white.

We dont have much crime at all. We dont have racial tensions. We dont have a drug district or high crime area. We dont have gangs here. Our many police forces are diverse: black, white, white latinos (cant think of a black latino one) and a couple I think are vietnamese heritage; male and female; young and old.

Most of our citizens, black and white, young and old, male and female, are at least moderately aware politically and participate locally. We still approve taxes for roads and schools and police. We had a rocky patch after Katrina, but those that have remained have assimilated. The refineries and chemical plants in the triparishes adopt a school or police station or firehouse and pour all their write-off money into them.

You can still fish or trap for your supper here, and there are a lot of gardens. It is a special little bubble. The most agressive behavior seems to be at high school football games. The whole town shows up for those, whether they know anyone on the field or not.

Forum List

Back