🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mysterious cancer killing sea lions along US West coast bones turning to mush

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-3-1_21-56-11.png

“Mysterious cancer” killing sea lions along US West Coast — Bones turning to “mush” — “Inside there’s just masses of yellow, cancerous tissue” — Animals dying at “alarming rates” (VIDEO) « ENENews.com – Energy News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh these poor animals, they know why this is going on but you can bet the higher ups are telling them to keep their mouths shut on the cause of it, I feel sorry for the deniers who live on the west coast and still think this bs is all a conspiracy.

Hey Ram Lady!!

Here is the link to the Coffee Shop, in case you didn't find it.

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Long assed thread, but great folks. Which is why I mainly don't stray far from there, but do wander out now and then :lol:

Meanwhile....since I am no longer a beach girl and now am a mountain gal....I won't have to see the poor seals dying on beaches.:(

View attachment 114950
“Mysterious cancer” killing sea lions along US West Coast — Bones turning to “mush” — “Inside there’s just masses of yellow, cancerous tissue” — Animals dying at “alarming rates” (VIDEO) « ENENews.com – Energy News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh these poor animals, they know why this is going on but you can bet the higher ups are telling them to keep their mouths shut on the cause of it, I feel sorry for the deniers who live on the west coast and still think this bs is all a conspiracy.
Are they still edible?

Show me an intellectually honest liberal and I will show you a Conservative in the making.

they know why this is going on but you can bet the higher ups are telling them to keep their mouths shut
Yep, animals never get sick without it being something nefarious where secrets are being kept.

It is probably because of vaccines these sea lions got as pups, or maybe because they have damaging info on the Clintons.

View attachment 114950

Mind are there man made commercial fisheries In the area,because here in Australia we had a similar situation where not only seals were affected and infected but fish too....it was found that these types of fish production were the source of the infection,just sayin ...steve

View attachment 114950

Mind are there man made commercial fisheries In the area,because here in Australia we had a similar situation where not only seals were affected and infected but fish too....it was found that these types of fish production were the source of the infection,just sayin ...steve

We're guessing a lot of it is from Fukushima.

View attachment 114950

Your mind Mind could well be right...stev

View attachment 114950

:(

Damn this is sad.

Elevated levels of this type of cancer in sea lions were first noted in the mid 90s and the reasons for the formation of the Sea Lion Cancer Consortium in 2010. Here is an article from NYT in 2010: Cancer Kills Many Sea Lions, and Its Cause Remains a Mystery

For 14 years, since they first reported that a disturbing proportion of deaths among rescued California sea lions were caused by metastatic cancer, researchers have been trying to pinpoint the source of the illness. In 1996, Dr. Frances Gulland, the director of veterinary science at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito, and colleagues at the University of California, Davis, found that a striking 18 percent of deaths in stranded adult sea lions were the result of tumors in the reproductive and urinary tracts. “It’s such an aggressive cancer, and it’s so unusual to see such a high prevalence of cancer in a wild population,” Dr. Gulland said. “That suggests that there’s some carcinogen in the ocean that could be affecting these animals.”

So you have concluded that a cancer commonly found in sea lions that was noted in the mid 1990s is caused by an event in Japan in 2011. There many other articles from before Fukushima about this problem with California sea lions. Aren't you the one always wagging your finger saying "do your research" yet here you are jumping to conclusions then announcing "we" have made an irrational determination as to the cause of this cancer.

Forum List

Back