Mystery phone.

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2010
About 5 or 6 years ago I found a cell phone stuck in the back seat in my van.

I have no idea who it belongs to. I asked pretty much everyone I know if they lost a cell phone in my van. But nobody has claimed it.

The thing is, it still works and I've never been billed for it or anything. I make phone calls for free with it. Even international calls.

I have no idea who it belongs to. I asked pretty much everyone I know if they lost a cell phone in my van. But nobody has claimed it.

The thing is, it still works and I've never been billed for it or anything. I make phone calls for free with it. Even international calls.

If it's not yours ---- how could you be billed for it?
Somebody must be getting a bill.

Back in the '80s there was a bank of pay phones in a hotel. They had the old green screen that would read out instructions, set up a calling card, etc -- when you had done so and it was ready to make the call the screen said "Please listen".

I walked by it one day and one phone out of the whole bank said "Please listen", as if it had been set up with some kind of payment. But there was nobody around. I picked it up, tried a call, and it worked. So I called my friends on vacation in Brazil, just to say hi. One of my co-workers called Colombia. It went on like that all day as we tried to outdo each other on distance. Calls sounded great too.

It is probably an Obama phone. Nobody will look for it when they can get a brand new one for free again.

Someone stole the wife and I's back up cell phone....we didnt notice for over a year.
But it's pretty strange you'd find a phone that was obviously in use when it was lost and they never shut it down.

Call it and see who answers...

Scene: locker room at a tennis club. Phone rings. Guy answers, "hello?"

Woman: "Hi honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

Man: "Yes."

Woman: "I'm at the mall and i just saw this beautiful leather coat --- but it's $2,000, can I get it?

Man: "Sure, go for it."

Woman: "Oh, and I stopped by at the Bentley dealership and saw one i really liked, what do you think?

Man "How much is it?"

Woman: "$90,000."

Man: "Well if it's that much i want it with all the options."

Woman: "Of course, one more thing. I just finished talking to Sarah, and the and the house we looked at last year is back on the market, they're asking $980,000."

Man: "Ok, make an offer for 900, if they don't take it offer them the extra 80k if that's what you really want."

Woman: " Thank you so much honey, love you, bye!"

Man: "Love you too, bye."

He hangs up, looks around and calls out, "Anybody missing a cell phone?"

It could be own by one of those company that has a very large cellphone account. I'm very sure someone is paying those calls.

Call it and see who answers...

Scene: locker room at a tennis club. Phone rings. Guy answers, "hello?"

Woman: "Hi honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

Man: "Yes."

Woman: "I'm at the mall and i just saw this beautiful leather coat --- but it's $2,000, can I get it?

Man: "Sure, go for it."

Woman: "Oh, and I stopped by at the Bentley dealership and saw one i really liked, what do you think?

Man "How much is it?"

Woman: "$90,000."

Man: "Well if it's that much i want it with all the options."

Woman: "Of course, one more thing. I just finished talking to Sarah, and the and the house we looked at last year is back on the market, they're asking $980,000."

Man: "Ok, make an offer for 900, if they don't take it offer them the extra 80k if that's what you really want."

Woman: " Thank you so much honey, love you, bye!"

Man: "Love you too, bye."

He hangs up, looks around and calls out, "Anybody missing a cell phone?"

FREAKING hilarious !

Shadow 355

Trace the number - research! you'll find out who it belongs to ....

Trace the number - research! you'll find out who it belongs to ....

Take the phone to Verizon - AT&T, whom ever and let them run the phone ESN number and phone number. They can tell you whom it belongs to.

How about the contact list inside...if their is one. Give them the phone number from the phone you are dialing - IF it is not on caller ID ; and ask them whom it belongs too.

Shadow 355

My…my…my.. this turned out to be a serious issue. Just use the fucking phone or throw it in the garbage… If the owner wanted it he would have called the number already… On the other hand… maybe it is an ISIS phone and you made it to the FBI list tracking your every move, look behind you if somebody is following with a newspaper in his hand, dark sunglasses, fedora hat and turned up coat collar. Have fun!

My…my…my.. this turned out to be a serious issue. Just use the fucking phone or throw it in the garbage… If the owner wanted it he would have called the number already… On the other hand… maybe it is an ISIS phone and you made it to the FBI list tracking your every move, look behind you if somebody is following with a newspaper in his hand, dark sunglasses, fedora hat and turned up coat collar. Have fun!

It's not really serious, and, the solution is easy.

It is probably an Obama phone. Nobody will look for it when they can get a brand new one for free again.
I know it's not one of those Bush phones. Those have limited minutes and service days.

If there's no problem then there's no solution.

If there's no problem then there's no solution.

well you want to be a thief then...

You are an idiot and a thief. Learn to keep your van locked. Eventually the system owner will track you down and take you to court for payment of the huge phone bill. You will lose of course. Haven't you ever seen "Bait Car"? Actually come to think of it if your attempted theft rises to the level of a felony you could be facing jail time.

Seriously you are condoning a crime and ignorance on a message board.
what do you expect?

Aaaahh... IDK here... you're going to try and convince everyone that you found a cell phone "5 or 6 years ago," in your van back seat, and you don't know who it belongs to, and you've been making free calls with it ever since? Maaan... talk about a fishy story... just who in the hell is going to pay a cell bill on phone for "5 or 6 years" and get billed for calls they didn't make on a phone they don't have?

I think your story is a little hard to believe there, bro.

Last edited:
Could it belong to whomever sold you the van?

Personally, I'd be careful about using it. For all you know, it belonged to a criminal, and you could be mistaken for them.

Aaaahh... IDK here... you're going to try and convince everyone that you found a cell phone "5 or 6 years ago," in your van back seat, and you don't know who it belongs to, and you've been making free calls with it ever since? Maaan... talk about a fishy story... just who in the hell is going to pay a cell bill on phone for "5 or 6 years" and get billed for calls they didn't make on a phone they don't have?

I think your story is a little hard to believe there, bro.

I paid for some assholes phone bill for around a year.
Some jackass stole our back up phone and since we dont pay attention to the bill we didnt notice.
But yeah finding a phone in your vehicle and it doesnt get shut off is a little weird.

Forum List

Back