Mystery virus spreading like wildfire across U.S. population putting people in bed for a month

Things that work while not being totally approved by the "right people" ar
Wrong. Things that work can be shown to work via scientific study. If they can't be shown to do this (like echinacea), then they are not medicine. "Alternative medicine" is a scam and does not exist.

Sorry but youre wrong.

Echinacea for the Common Cold

"Studies have had mixed results. Extracts of echinacea do seem to have an effect on the immune system, your body's defense against germs. Research shows it increases the number of white blood cells, which fight infections. "
Haha, all you did was just repeat a claim .in reality, the studies show that constant use of echinacea results in MORE colds and flu:

The cold facts about echinacea

And you undermine your own point, anyway. The studies of its effectiveness on alleviating cold symptoms (not preventing colds, please try to keep your facts straight) are "mixed at best". Real medicines don't produce study results that are "mixed at best". They produce a clear signal that shows us their effectiveness over placebo.
I wasnt part of that study. Havent had a cold in 6 years since I started taking it and I caught a cold religiously every winter when I wasnt taking it. :rolleyes:
And some people claim to talk to their houseplants. But that's why we invented science:
Echinacea for Cold and Flu
I talk to my house plants and they grow more when I do.

You know what, fuckstick? You should defend your position as well as I am defending your position or better.

Shoulda Coulda Woulda.
Why should I defend something that has proven to work for me? Thats like me proving I am awesome wrapped up inside of incredible when the facts speak for themselves. :rolleyes:

Wrong. Things is that work can be shown to work via scientific study. If they can't be shown to do this (like echinacea), then they are not medicine. "Alternative medicine" is a scam and does not exist.

You're a tard. You may as well OD on pharma drugs now.

Haha, all you did was just repeat a claim .in reality, the studies show that constant use of echinacea results in MORE colds and flu:

The cold facts about echinacea

And you undermine your own point, anyway. The studies of its effectiveness on alleviating cold symptoms (not preventing colds, please try to keep your facts straight) are "mixed at best". Real medicines don't produce study results that are "mixed at best". They produce a clear signal that shows us their effectiveness over placebo.
I wasnt part of that study. Havent had a cold in 6 years since I started taking it and I caught a cold religiously every winter when I wasnt taking it. :rolleyes:
And some people claim to talk to their houseplants. But that's why we invented science:
Echinacea for Cold and Flu
I talk to my house plants and they grow more when I do.

You know what, fuckstick? You should defend your position as well as I am defending your position or better.

Shoulda Coulda Woulda.
Why should I defend something that has proven to work for me? Thats like me proving I am awesome wrapped up inside of incredible when the facts speak for themselves. :rolleyes:

Oh STFU!

Wrong. Things that work can be shown to work via scientific study. If they can't be shown to do this (like echinacea), then they are not medicine. "Alternative medicine" is a scam and does not exist.
Thats the bad thing about scientific study. Its limited to what people know. Thats why scientific findings change. Just because it cant be proven doesnt mean it doesnt work.

Why should I defend something that has proven to work for me?
Right, no need at all. Be happy just to claim something works for you. It's when you claim it will work for others that you will hit the brick wall. It's a very simple standard that should be easy for you to observe.

Thats the bad thing about scientific study. Its limited to what people know.
Haha, what a steaming pile that is. Your claims are not complicated. Here, I will spell them out:

"Echinacea is medically effective at treating and preventing colds and flu."

Guess what? That was studied. Turns out, there is not good evidece for that at all. Injecting your mysticism and meanderings into the topic does nothing to undermine the science or the methods.

But yu are invited, at any time, to challenge these many, many studies with a few hundred of your own.

Why should I defend something that has proven to work for me?
Right, no need at all. Be happy just to claim something works for you. It's when you claim it will work for others that you will hit the brick wall. It's a very simple standard that should be easy for you to observe.
So are you saying all that scientifically proven medicine works for everyone?

Thats the bad thing about scientific study. Its limited to what people know.
Haha, what a steaming pile that is. Your claims are not complicated. Here, I will spell them out:

"Echinacea is medically effective at treating and preventing colds and flu."

Guess what? That was studied. Turns out, there is not good evidece for that at all. Injecting your mysticism and meanderings into the topic does nothing to undermine the science or the methods.

But yu are invited, at any time, to challenge these many, many studies with a few hundred of your own.
You dont have to spell out my claim. Here is exactly what I said...."Take a couple of these and you will be up in no time flat."

No, of course not. Nice try, though. Mince and equivocate all you like...you are simply not going to produce good evidence of the effectiveness of echinacea. Scientists have tried. And if studies demonstrated this, then it would be medicine.

No, of course not. Nice try, though. Mince and equivocate all you like...you are simply not going to produce good evidence of the effectiveness of echinacea. Scientists have tried. And if studies demonstrated this, then it would be medicine.
Well you just said that was the standard. Why are you back tracking now?

"Be happy just to claim something works for you. It's when you claim it will work for others that you will hit the brick wall. It's a very simple standard that should be easy for you to observe."

ou dont have to spell out my claim. Here is exactly what I said...."Take a couple of these and you will be up in no time flat."
Bullshit. You also quite clearly stated that taking it has prevented colds. Dude, don't try to lie when the evidence that you are lying is literally in the same thread.

Well you just said that was the standard
No, I didnt. That's a lie. You really don't understand anything about any of this.

I earlier linked you to a website called "Science Based Medicine". I urge you to visit it and read up on how the effectiveness of medicine is determined.

ou dont have to spell out my claim. Here is exactly what I said...."Take a couple of these and you will be up in no time flat."
Bullshit. You also quite clearly stated that taking it has prevented colds. Dude, don't try to lie when the evidence that you are lying is literally in the same thread.
Yeah its prevented me from catching colds. Same thing for people in my family. Why would I not say it has prevented colds?

No, I didnt. That's a lie. You really don't understand anything about any of this.

I earlier linked you to a website called "Science Based Medicine". I urge you to visit it and read up on how the effectiveness of medicine is determined.
Yes you did. I even quoted you. Here I will do it again.

"Be happy just to claim something works for you. It's when you claim it will work for others that you will hit the brick wall. It's a very simple standard that should be easy for you to observe."

I did not say, "all others". So a little oopsie on your part, there. I hope you learned a little lesson about paying attention.

I did not say, "all others". So a little oopsie on your part, there. I hope you learned a little lesson about paying attention.
I didnt say "all others" either. So I guess that little oopsie on your part has come back to bite you. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back