NAACP president compares Kaepernick to Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks was no innocent.
That's right. She was a criminal. She broke the law by not sitting at the back of the bus.
you_sir_are_an_idiot_postcard-rb66e8cfacf26457a875eed1a4f911ede_vgbaq_8byvr_50.jpg

..... Funny how all the black folks I have seen on the bus prefer the back of the bus to sit at. I do too...you can kick your feet up.
Let me tell you quickly a funny story that happened to me. I used to live in Rhodesia during the late 70's. At this time Apartheid was the law over the border in South Africa. I visited often. In most of the big cities there were 'white buses' & 'non-white buses'. In Cape Town however there was only one bus, dubbel deckers. Whites down below, non-whites up above. My first time in town I was eager to see the sights and I wanted to sit above to get a better view. Up I went! All black faces up there were smiling at me like I was Santy Claus! But when the driver realized what I'd done, he pulled on the hand brake, shut off the engine, and rushed up to scold me and send me down below! The Africans thought it was great but the driver was not happy!

..... Funny how all the black folks I have seen on the bus prefer the back of the bus to sit at. I do too...you can kick your feet up.
Let me tell you quickly a funny story that happened to me. I used to live in Rhodesia during the late 70's. At this time Apartheid was the law over the border in South Africa. I visited often. In most of the big cities there were 'white buses' & 'non-white buses'. In Cape Town however there was only one bus, dubbel deckers. Whites down below, non-whites up above. My first time in town I was eager to see the sights and I wanted to sit above to get a better view. Up I went! All black faces up there were smiling at me like I was Santy Claus! But when the driver realized what I'd done, he pulled on the hand brake, shut off the engine, and rushed up to scold me and send me down below! The Africans thought it was great but the driver was not happy!
They were smiling because they knew what was about to happen.

If he really was like Rosa Parks then he'd organize a Black boycott of all things NFL but he won't do that because he won't get paid if he does
That was probably the stupidest post I have seen in a while. How would boycotting the NFL do anything about the cause he is addressing? When was the last time the NFL shot a Black person just because he was Black?

..... How would boycotting the NFL do anything about the cause he is addressing? ...

I agree but it isn't so simple. Boycotting the city buses was probably a good idea as it would deprive the bus company of revenue. Of course, I don't know what percentage of passengers were black but it is a safe assumption they were a large percentage, otherwise the boycott would have made no difference. In any case, in that situation the boycott threatened the livelihood of the bus company and its' employees. Smart move.

In the case of the NFL, black boycotting players would be depriving themselves of a wage. I realize the point in their favour would be denying NFL their best players (at least 'most' of them, ahem!) but I don't know if the preferred result would be achieved. True, the quality of the game would also suffer but the game would play on. And then, unfortunately, you have the white spectators. Are they the bulk of ticket purchasers? I've heard many whites complain about the domination of black player in most sports. It's as if they don't give a shit about really top-notch play, that the colour of their skin is more (or equally) important. They would probably be happy if black players would walk away. But what percentage of who and what and where ........ is a big question mark.

In the final analysis, if I were black I'd prefer to have NFL on my side. Boycotting them would almost certainly back-fire.

..... How would boycotting the NFL do anything about the cause he is addressing? ...

I agree but it isn't so simple. Boycotting the city buses was probably a good idea as it would deprive the bus company of revenue. Of course, I don't know what percentage of passengers were black but it is a safe assumption they were a large percentage, otherwise the boycott would have made no difference. In any case, in that situation the boycott threatened the livelihood of the bus company and its' employees. Smart move.

In the case of the NFL, black boycotting players would be depriving themselves of a wage. I realize the point in their favour would be denying NFL their best players (at least 'most' of them, ahem!) but I don't know if the preferred result would be achieved. True, the quality of the game would also suffer but the game would play on. And then, unfortunately, you have the white spectators. Are they the bulk of ticket purchasers? I've heard many whites complain about the domination of black player in most sports. It's as if they don't give a shit about really top-notch play, that the colour of their skin is more (or equally) important. They would probably be happy if black players would walk away. But what percentage of who and what and where ........ is a big question mark.

In the final analysis, if I were black I'd prefer to have NFL on my side. Boycotting them would almost certainly back-fire.
The bus ridership was predominantly Black. Thats why it was so successful. They even made laws to punish Blacks that wouldnt ride the bus and many were fired from their jobs. Since the bus companies were taking that Black dollar but still discriminating, the boycott made sense and it worked.

Boycotting the NFL would be the epitome of dumb since it has nothing to do with cops shooting Black people. i dont even get how someones mind could even draw a correlation to be honest. Its retarded logic.

The bus ridership was predominantly Black. Thats why it was so successful.
That was my assumption.

They even made laws to punish Blacks that wouldnt ride the bus and many were fired from their jobs. Since the bus companies were taking that Black dollar but still discriminating, the boycott made sense and it worked.
I don't understand. What 'made sense'?

Boycotting the NFL would be the epitome of dumb since it has nothing to do with cops shooting Black people. i dont even get how someones mind could even draw a correlation to be honest. Its retarded logic.
Some people see armed revolt as the only way to achieve anything. Others think in terms of boycott. There doesn't have to be any correlation ..... A boycott might be relevant if the NFL decides to insist that all players must stand for the anthem.

The bus ridership was predominantly Black. Thats why it was so successful.
That was my assumption.

They even made laws to punish Blacks that wouldnt ride the bus and many were fired from their jobs. Since the bus companies were taking that Black dollar but still discriminating, the boycott made sense and it worked.
I don't understand. What 'made sense'?

Some people see armed revolt as the only way to achieve anything. Others think in terms of boycott. There doesn't have to be any correlation .....

The fact that they boycotted the buses made sense specifically because the bus company was the entity doing the discriminating.

The fact that they boycotted the buses made sense specifically because the bus company was the entity doing the discriminating.
It looked, at first, that you meant punishing blacks for not riding the buses 'made sense'. I am happy we cleared that up. :razz:

If he really was like Rosa Parks then he'd organize a Black boycott of all things NFL but he won't do that because he won't get paid if he does
That was probably the stupidest post I have seen in a while. How would boycotting the NFL do anything about the cause he is addressing? When was the last time the NFL shot a Black person just because he was Black?

He's being oppressed by the people paying soooo much money

Hid daddy ran out on him. White couple rescued him from ending up as a thug. He only looks like one.

I am willing to bet that his parents are proud of him..... as well they should be!

I think he meant she was not just some random black woman taking a stand alone. She was a political activist and the whole thing was planned. Not that she wasn't 'innocent'. Sitting down on a bus is obviously not a crime.
I don't agree that blacks subjected to back of the bus seating was right and proper. Actually, seating in the back is preferable because you avoid all the drunks stumbling down the aisle that front seat passengers had to endure. That being said, Rosa Parks is no hero. The real heroes who faced real danger were the Freedom Riders, which included white republican college students.

Kap isnt being oppressed. He makes more in a month than you will in your life.

You think I care?

He'll probably die broke like so many other idiot athletes

You think I care?

He'll probably die broke like so many other idiot athletes
Obviously you care. You claimed he was oppressed.

You will die broker than he will. I guarantee it.

Forum List

Back