Name one thing the government has made cheaper and more effective.

National highway system. Police departments. Libraries. Military. Water and sewage systems.

Tell me where there's a cheap highway and sewer system, numbnuts.

I bet you pay for water & sewage too, or your parents do. :abgg2q.jpg:

I don't pay for either. :funnyface:

At least not to the government.

It was "cheaper and more effective", not "cheap". Show me a highway system or sewer system (that will handle a couple of million people) that is handled privately and is cheaper and more effective. I assume you hike through the woods to get to a store and never use a public bathroom.

Personally, I'm on well and septic but most people in the country aren't. I am not a big fan of cholera outbreaks, but you may see it differently.,

Oh! The new troll has teeth, like a Black Racer and shit.

Black Racers might make my finger bleed a little, but I can snap their neck/back any time I want.

So pretty much no actual argument to present.

Pretty much you can fuck off, you leftist POS shill.

How about trains?

Oh....California...

How California’s faltering high-speed rail project was ‘captured’ by costly consultants

When California shifted its bullet train plan into high gear in 2008, it had just 10 employees to manage and oversee design of the largest public construction project in state history.

Consultants assured the state there was little reason to hire hundreds or thousands of in-house engineers and rail experts, because the consultants could handle the heavy work themselves and save California money. It would take them only 12 years to bore under mountains, bridge rivers and build 520 miles of rail bed — all at a cost of just $33 billion.

State officials followed that advice, and for the next several years, development of the nation’s first high-speed rail line was overseen by a minuscule government staff.

Now, more than a decade later, that decision has proved to be a foundational error in the project’s execution — a miscalculation that has resulted in the California High-Speed Rail Authority being overly reliant on a network of high-cost consultants who have consistently underestimated the difficulty of the task.

So, the problem was the government put the project into the hands of the private sector who proved they couldn't do the job?

National highway system. Police departments. Libraries. Military. Water and sewage systems.

It was "cheaper and more effective", not "cheap". Show me a highway system or sewer system (that will handle a couple of million people) that is handled privately and is cheaper and more effective. I assume you hike through the woods to get to a store and never use a public bathroom.

Personally, I'm on well and septic but most people in the country aren't. I am not a big fan of cholera outbreaks, but you may see it differently.,

Black Racers might make my finger bleed a little, but I can snap their neck/back any time I want.

God, you snowflakes are boring.

I think that's a rather silly question. Government does what private enterprise either will not do because of lack of profit motive or can not do effectively because of the nature of the activity. For example, national defense, protecting the political and economic rights of the individual, helping those who can not help themselves, building interstate transportation networks from airport, to canals, to interstate highways, and development of international financial, trade, transportation, and security agreements between nations.

I think that's a rather silly question. Government does what private enterprise either will not do because of lack of profit motive or can not do effectively because of the nature of the activity. For example, national defense, protecting the political and economic rights of the individual, helping those who can not help themselves, building interstate transportation networks from airport, to canals, to interstate highways, and development of international financial, trade, transportation, and security agreements between nations.
Looks like they are failing all of that as well.

Government by it's very nature is inefficient and costly and our form of government is probably the least efficient but it is far better than the alternative.

Government by it's very nature is inefficient and costly and our form of government is probably the least efficient but it is far better than the alternative.
bullshit

The GOP will never do it, but everything the Democrats pass does. Retirement through Social Security, unemployment through unemployment insurance, Healthcare through ObamaCare... If you don't believe it, you are a brainwashed functional moron....

The GOP will never do it, but everything the Democrats pass does. Retirement through Social Security, unemployment through unemployment insurance, Healthcare through ObamaCare... If you don't believe it, you are a brainwashed functional moron....

The ACA which is what it is and not Obamacare is a joke. Had you passed the Nixon/Kennedy plan then maybe you could take a victory lap!

I am not a big fan of cholera outbreaks, but you may see it differently.,

What does not kill you make you stronger...

The ACA which is what it is and not Obamacare is a joke. Had you passed the Nixon/Kennedy plan then maybe you could take a victory lap!
The only thing wrong with it is the ridiculous costs after a forever GOP big health big Pharma big insurer scam. Fix it. It has to be tinkered with forever, and was all we could get over GOP obstruction and sabotage. Brainwashed functional moron.

How about trains?

Oh....California...

How California’s faltering high-speed rail project was ‘captured’ by costly consultants

When California shifted its bullet train plan into high gear in 2008, it had just 10 employees to manage and oversee design of the largest public construction project in state history.

Consultants assured the state there was little reason to hire hundreds or thousands of in-house engineers and rail experts, because the consultants could handle the heavy work themselves and save California money. It would take them only 12 years to bore under mountains, bridge rivers and build 520 miles of rail bed — all at a cost of just $33 billion.

State officials followed that advice, and for the next several years, development of the nation’s first high-speed rail line was overseen by a minuscule government staff.

Now, more than a decade later, that decision has proved to be a foundational error in the project’s execution — a miscalculation that has resulted in the California High-Speed Rail Authority being overly reliant on a network of high-cost consultants who have consistently underestimated the difficulty of the task.

So, the problem was the government put the project into the hands of the private sector who proved they couldn't do the job?

No.....as a lefty you get it wrong.....it was the government who hired those outside people, likely cronies of the politicians, who were not held accountable....... in the real world, whoever hired them would be fired, replaced and those consultants fired, and sued....... in the government, the guy who hired them got the kick back, a better job, and went on to screw up even more projects...

How about trains?

Oh....California...

No.....as a lefty you get it wrong.....it was the government who hired those outside people, likely cronies of the politicians, who were not held accountable....... in the real world, whoever hired them would be fired, replaced and those consultants fired, and sued....... in the government, the guy who hired them got the kick back, a better job, and went on to screw up even more projects...

Hey, I'm just reading the article you posted. It seemed to criticize the government for not hiring the people and doing the job themselves, instead of trying to get contractors to do the work.

So, since the private sector can do the job so much better, why hasn't it?

How about trains?

Oh....California...

Hey, I'm just reading the article you posted. It seemed to criticize the government for not hiring the people and doing the job themselves, instead of trying to get contractors to do the work.

iu

I may be boring, but I'll squash your ass into the ground if you ever try me, punk bitch.

I ain't the one to mess with, and you'd be better served knowing that.

How about trains?

Oh....California...

Governing is not a profitable business thus there is no reason for the private sector to do it.

How about trains?

Oh....California...

Amtrak on steroids. Who’d a thunk it?

How about trains?

Oh....California...

Amtrak on steroids. Who’d a thunk it?

I saw it coming when Obama was handing out taxpayer-funded grants for it.

Thankfully so did the governor of my state. :)

Forum List

Back