Nasa Unveils World's Largest Spacecraft Welding Tool

R

rdean

Washington – The largest spacecraft welding tool in the world, the Vertical Assembly Center, officially is open for business at NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. The 170ft-tall, 78ft-wide giant completes a world-class welding toolkit that will be used to build the core stage of America's next great rocket, the Space Launch System (SLS).

SLS will be the most powerful rocket ever built for deep space missions, including to an asteroid and eventually Mars. The core stage, towering more than 200ft tall (61m) with a diameter of 27.6ft (8.4m), will store cryogenic liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen that will feed the rocket's four RS-25 engines.

NASA unveils world s largest spacecraft welding to - AMD Aerospace Manufacturing and Design

It was only a couple of years ago Republicans were screaming our space program was dead. Guess they will have to rescind the freak-out. Turns out Obama has been the best thing to his NASA since Kennedy.

Per our Russian policies, we can't depend on them much longer providing our booster engines. I believe Boeing is contracted to build our rocket engines.

Washington – The largest spacecraft welding tool in the world, the Vertical Assembly Center, officially is open for business at NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. The 170ft-tall, 78ft-wide giant completes a world-class welding toolkit that will be used to build the core stage of America's next great rocket, the Space Launch System (SLS).

SLS will be the most powerful rocket ever built for deep space missions, including to an asteroid and eventually Mars. The core stage, towering more than 200ft tall (61m) with a diameter of 27.6ft (8.4m), will store cryogenic liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen that will feed the rocket's four RS-25 engines.

NASA unveils world s largest spacecraft welding to - AMD Aerospace Manufacturing and Design

It was only a couple of years ago Republicans were screaming our space program was dead. Guess they will have to rescind the freak-out. Turns out Obama has been the best thing to his NASA since Kennedy.
im sorry i thought that was ..."let him die?".....

That's the first thing we went after when the Cold Way waned: Russian rockets. They're big, they can deliver huge payloads into space, and they almost always work.

You mean this?

Oh, that's right. I made that up.

You mean this?

Oh, that's right. I made that up.

i never said you did......

Forum List

Back