NASCAR is dying

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Since 2015 NASCAR has lost nearly half of its fanbase. Very few young people are interested. It's aging fans are dying off, complaints of too many TV ad's, partisan politics, and an elitist attitude among its few remaining stars will soon transform this once nationwide sport to only a few annual races in the deep south.

Major League Baseball is slowly fading, but NASCAR is on the fast-track to extinction. :dunno:

They are not marketing themselves to the general public as they use to. Going back to catering the marketing to the working class will help and promoting motorsports for the young will help.

Since 2015 NASCAR has lost nearly half of its fanbase. Very few young people are interested. It's aging fans are dying off, complaints of too many TV ad's, partisan politics, and an elitist attitude among its few remaining stars will soon transform this once nationwide sport to only a few annual races in the deep south.

Major League Baseball is slowly fading, but NASCAR is on the fast-track to extinction. :dunno:

The whining lately. The politics. The punk ass drivers. Who gets reprimanded and who doesn't. Plus it's boring racing.

Today's motoGP race in Valencia, Spain had 90,000 fans there.

I'm a car nut and I have no interest whatsoever in watching a NASCAR race, either in person or on the telly. The only racing I would be interested in would involve cars that are at least related to something that one can buy, without insane modifications. I don't even know if such a class of auto racing exists.

In my area, there is an SCCA group that runs peoples' sports cars around a parking lot. Loads of fun for everyone. I don't know if anyone would pay to see it, but...

I'm a car nut and I have no interest whatsoever in watching a NASCAR race, either in person or on the telly. The only racing I would be interested in would involve cars that are at least related to something that one can buy, without insane modifications. I don't even know if such a class of auto racing exists.

In my area, there is an SCCA group that runs peoples' sports cars around a parking lot. Loads of fun for everyone. I don't know if anyone would pay to see it, but...
Spec racing. At tracks all over the country.

At least in demolition derby ya get to watch people destroy their vehicles.......

derby-demolition-derby.gif

Or was this the LA freeway........?

I went to Daytona one year in my motorhome and had a site inside the track... we were there for 5 days and had a great time but I didn't get hooked... I've never really watched much NASCAR... I lean more towards Rally cars and off road racing...

They lost a bunch of redneck fans when they banned that racist flag they love so much.

Get rid of the limitations of the engines and the cars and let's go back to the 70's and 80's. :)
Today's NASCAR racing is BORING. And lose the politics.

Funny enough, racing is insanely popular in other countries.

Get rid of the limitations of the engines and the cars and let's go back to the 70's and 80's. :)
The aerodynamics of the "stock" bodywork doesn't allow it....The cars become projectiles if the're in any orientation other than driving forward.

Let's turn left for 4 hours!

Here is another reason it's going downhill. You hand down ridiculous fines and suspensions and you end up losing people who put years into the sport...

NASCAR fell for the woke. Everything woke fails. It groveled to faker Bubba Wallace just because he's black. NASCAR demonstrated a loyalty to DIE, diversity, inclusion and equity. The predictable happened.

They did it to themselves. Plus, I've always thought it was a bad product, just driving around a large circle. F1 is vastly superior because it requires actual driving skill, not crash-avoidance skill.

Baseball is not dying, by any measure. But I do not believe that football has a bright future, the more that parents learn about concussions and other injuries. They will continue to guide their children towards other sports.

NASCAR fell for the woke. Everything woke fails. It groveled to faker Bubba Wallace just because he's black. NASCAR demonstrated a loyalty to DIE, diversity, inclusion and equity. The predictable happened.
One black driver and the bigots go ape shit over it.

I've always been a nascar fan, and always will be. I honestly think it's a Gen Z problem. I was watching Gen Z kids react to music videos last night and I felt miserable afterwards. To think that they are our future, it depresses me to no end.

Forum List

Back