Nate Silver: Dems are in Deep Trouble

meh. let me know a month out before this really matters. Things can change even within 2 weeks of an election.
Even If the GOP take back the senate, nothing will happen.

People want some problems with Obamacare how about 6 million people losing their plans when they were told repeatedly if they liked their plan they could keep it period or having deductibles as high as 8 to 10 thousand dollars and premiums doubling and tripling in some cases. We can't even get into what impact Obamacare will have on those with employer insurance because the administration has pushed the Implementation of that past the 2014 midterms and I believe even past the 2016 presidential election something I don't think they would be doing if they thought there were not major problems with that as well.

Link?

So out of touch and willing to go down with the sinking ship...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQ4tcW-LPQ]Breathless and babbling, Nancy Pelosi stumbles through a Meet the Press interview. - YouTube[/ame]

meh. let me know a month out before this really matters. Things can change even within 2 weeks of an election.

You think the public will suddenly start liking Obamacare two weeks before the election?

People want some problems with Obamacare how about 6 million people losing their plans when they were told repeatedly if they liked their plan they could keep it period or having deductibles as high as 8 to 10 thousand dollars and premiums doubling and tripling in some cases. We can't even get into what impact Obamacare will have on those with employer insurance because the administration has pushed the Implementation of that past the 2014 midterms and I believe even past the 2016 presidential election something I don't think they would be doing if they thought there were not major problems with that as well.

Link?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFgQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2Fnews%2Fobamacare-deductibles-deliver-hefty-sticker-shock%2F&ei=inkvU57HN6bb2QWXkYDIDQ&usg=AFQjCNHh-xmAioR9YFqCK_iFlSGK--zLsQ&sig2=yWaXxEyhAE6Klz2PL4g9_g&bvm=bv.62922401,d.b2I

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fblogs%2Fregwatch%2Fhealthcare%2F197974-administration-delays-obamacare-mandate-for-small-businesses&ei=OXovU6rFIefd2AXzVg&usg=AFQjCNH5YaPBWGr1Y30HhkZJsH7F9FpGwA&sig2=ZIkWWhCdVVQgV8a9amR0yg&bvm=bv.62922401,d.b2I

A correction on my part the employer mandate was pushed past this midterms and extended to January of 2016 but not past the Presidential election.

Last edited:

You think the public will suddenly start liking Obamacare two weeks before the election?

Crazier things have happened. But the election doesn't have to rely just on obamacare either.

Only a hack thinks 8 months out means the game is over.

Crazier things have happened. But the election doesn't have to rely just on obamacare either.

Of course it actually could get even worse for the Dems

Ukraine on top of Obamacare

Then there's that Syria thingy

FiveThirtyEight Senate Forecast: GOP Is Slight Favorite in Race for Senate Control | FiveThirtyEight
Nate Silver to ABC: GOP Has 60% Shot at Retaking Senate | Mediaite

GOP has 60% chance of retaking Senate according to Nate Silver.

Silver was one of the few who predicted that the government shutdown wouldn't have a big impact on the GOP in 2014, and he called the GOP having a good shot at retaking the Senate long before other political handicappers, way back in June 2013.

Liberals, I know you loved Nate in 2012, and he was right then. But it looks like he's going to be right again, much to your chagrin.

EDIT: By the way, my own model also showed something along the lines of this with regards to the Senate. Hopefully, it will work out.

slight favorite in march does not mean "deep trouble".

Of course it actually could get even worse for the Dems

Ukraine on top of Obamacare

Then there's that Syria thingy

2 of those things people dont really care about.

The Republicans are going to make sure it's about Obamacare.

Why wouldn't they?

The Republicans are going to make sure it's about Obamacare.

Why wouldn't they?

i see no reason not to..that and jobs. But most of it is just hot air anyways. Even if they run on obamacare and win, Obama can veto everything they pass.
People are tired of hearing about the GOP repealing Obamacare though. They would rather see changes done to it.

Forum List

Back