Nate Silver: Dems are in Deep Trouble

Crazier things have happened. But the election doesn't have to rely just on obamacare either.

Only a hack thinks 8 months out means the game is over.

Of course it actually could get even worse for the Dems

Ukraine on top of Obamacare

Then there's that Syria thingy

2 of those things people dont really care about.

The nightly news appears to think differently

But their right wingers amiright?

Of course it actually could get even worse for the Dems

Ukraine on top of Obamacare

Then there's that Syria thingy

2 of those things people dont really care about.

The nightly news appears to think differently

But their right wingers amiright?

they are reporting the news. do you have polling to show that the people want us to take action with these two things?

FiveThirtyEight Senate Forecast: GOP Is Slight Favorite in Race for Senate Control | FiveThirtyEight
Nate Silver to ABC: GOP Has 60% Shot at Retaking Senate | Mediaite

GOP has 60% chance of retaking Senate according to Nate Silver.

Silver was one of the few who predicted that the government shutdown wouldn't have a big impact on the GOP in 2014, and he called the GOP having a good shot at retaking the Senate long before other political handicappers, way back in June 2013.

Liberals, I know you loved Nate in 2012, and he was right then. But it looks like he's going to be right again, much to your chagrin.

EDIT: By the way, my own model also showed something along the lines of this with regards to the Senate. Hopefully, it will work out.

Very bad sign for the Dems; very good sign for the GOP.
IF the GOP isn't able to take over the Senate this time, they should disband

FiveThirtyEight Senate Forecast: GOP Is Slight Favorite in Race for Senate Control | FiveThirtyEight

Silver was one of the few who predicted that the government shutdown wouldn't have a big impact on the GOP in 2014, and he called the GOP having a good shot at retaking the Senate long before other political handicappers, way back in June 2013.

Liberals, I know you loved Nate in 2012, and he was right then. But it looks like he's going to be right again, much to your chagrin.

EDIT: By the way, my own model also showed something along the lines of this with regards to the Senate. Hopefully, it will work out.

slight favorite in march does not mean "deep trouble".

The Dems ARE in deep trouble...sorry to say.

So now the Libertarians and Cons will be jumping on the Nate Silver bandwagon? We have 8 months to go, the Teaparty has so much they can screw up by then.

The Tea has never been in power, nor is it now. The Tea Party can't screw anything up, because Democrats are in charge.

On a related side-note, it's great to see how many libbies and Progs have been creating Ayn Rand hate threads when no philosophy or ideology of Ayn Rand has ever been implemented in the United States. It's amazing to see how you all tremble before meaningless ghosts, but the NSA, IRS and NDAA, you're totally comfortable with those.

Last edited:
Yea, we need to go back to allowing insurance cartels to cancel people's policies when they have a major illness, and deny them coverage due to preexisting conditions.

The right wing corporation ass lickers might win one election cycle, but THEN we will see what they will do with health care...

You're one of them lo-lo posters, arent you?
No one's insurance was cancelled due to illness.

WOW, you really are a corporate ass licker, and dumber than dogshit.

June 17, 2009
Blue Cross praised employees who dropped sick policyholders
Workers received high marks on performance reviews after policies were rescinded, documents show. The health insurer denies the practice is a factor in evaluations.

Executives of three of the nation's largest health insurers told federal lawmakers in Washington on Tuesday that they would continue canceling medical coverage for some sick policyholders, despite withering criticism from Republican and Democratic members of Congress who decried the practice as unfair and abusive.

The hearing on the controversial action known as rescission, which has left thousands of Americans burdened with costly medical bills despite paying insurance premiums, began a day after President Obama outlined his proposals for revamping the nation's healthcare system.

An investigation by the House Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations showed that health insurers WellPoint Inc., UnitedHealth Group and Assurant Inc. canceled the coverage of more than 20,000 people, allowing the companies to avoid paying more than $300 million in medical claims over a five-year period.

It also found that policyholders with breast cancer, lymphoma and more than 1,000 other conditions were targeted for rescission and that employees were praised in performance reviews for terminating the policies of customers with expensive illnesses.

more
Citing the L A Times ? ROTFLMAO

I suspect that between Democrap cheating and GOP RINO backstabbing and purging Tea Party people, the GOP will find a way to still lose.

You're one of them lo-lo posters, arent you?

June 17, 2009
Workers received high marks on performance reviews after policies were rescinded, documents show. The health insurer denies the practice is a factor in evaluations.

Executives of three of the nation's largest health insurers told federal lawmakers in Washington on Tuesday that they would continue canceling medical coverage for some sick policyholders, despite withering criticism from Republican and Democratic members of Congress who decried the practice as unfair and abusive.

The hearing on the controversial action known as rescission, which has left thousands of Americans burdened with costly medical bills despite paying insurance premiums, began a day after President Obama outlined his proposals for revamping the nation's healthcare system.

An investigation by the House Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations showed that health insurers WellPoint Inc., UnitedHealth Group and Assurant Inc. canceled the coverage of more than 20,000 people, allowing the companies to avoid paying more than $300 million in medical claims over a five-year period.

It also found that policyholders with breast cancer, lymphoma and more than 1,000 other conditions were targeted for rescission and that employees were praised in performance reviews for terminating the policies of customers with expensive illnesses.

more

Rolling on the floor laughing while fellow citizens are having their health insurance policies canceled when they come down with life a threatening illness? What kind of morals and ethics do you call that? What kind of health insurance are YOU fighting for??

If you don't believe the LA Times, then watch it yourself.

Termination Individual Health Policies | Video | C-SPAN.org

But you WON'T watch it, now will you?

June 17, 2009

more

Rolling on the floor laughing while fellow citizens are having their health insurance policies canceled when they come down with life a threatening illness? What kind of morals and ethics do you call that? What kind of health insurance are YOU fighting for??

Because it's fucking 3 hours long? Yeah, damright I wont watch it.
The practice is illegal. You understand that, right?

That is not what you said, now is it pea brain??

Rabbi said:

Why would you want to become informed? It is much easier to believe in fairy tales. Your beloved 'private sector' only creates good, and government only creates evil.

Chant it for me pea brain...

Rabbi said:

Why would you want to become informed? It is much easier to believe in fairy tales. Your beloved 'private sector' only creates good, and government only creates evil.

So what law would you like passed to make it more illegal?
Brainfart.

Maybe some of you right wing Obama haters need to forget about who is President, and take a hard look at why our health care system desperately needed major reform. It has failed the We, the People. Take a hard look at what these Wall Street controlled insurance cartels are causing in OUR nation...

Here are some facts and REAL stories about fellow citizens who line up hours ahead of time to attend one of the National Association of Free Health Clinics.

Health reform's human stories

11/16/2009 7:39:43 PM ET

New Orleans, La. — — It happened as I watched a 50-something woman walk out, after spending several hours being attended to by volunteer doctors. "She's decided against treatment. A reasonable decision under the circumstances," the doctor tells us as she heads for the next patient. The president of the board of the National Association of Free Health Clinics tells me why: "It's stage four breast cancer, her body is filled with tumors." I don't know when that woman last saw a doctor. But I do know that if she had health insurance, the odds she would have seen a doctor long ago are much higher, and her chances for an earlier diagnosis and treatment would have been far greater.

After watching for hours as the patients moved through the clinic, it was hard to believe that I was in America.

Eighty-three percent of the patients they see are employed, they are not accepting other government help on a large scale, not "welfare queens" as some would like to have us believe. They are tax-paying, good, upstanding citizens who are trying to make it and give their kids a better life just like you and me.

Ninety percent of the patients who came through Saturday's clinic had two or more diagnoses. Eighty-two percent had a life-threatening condition such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, or hypertension. They are victims of a system built with corporate profits at its center, which long ago forgot the moral imperative that should drive us to show compassion to our fellow men and women.

Health reform is not about Democrats or Republicans or who can score political points for the next election, it's about people. It's about fairness and justice in a system that knows none. I'd defy even the most hardened capitalist-loving-conservative to do what I did on Saturday and continue to pretend that the system in place right now is working.

Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all.
Edmund Burke

Last edited:

Rabbi said:

Brainfart.

You answer the question. Because according to you, it DOESN'T happen.

Rabbi said:

Last edited:

Brainfart.

You answer the question. Because according to you, it DOESN'T happen.

Rabbi said:

So you've proven laws against something don't prevent it.
The victims can sue. That's their remedy. Pretty tough to understand, right?

I still don't see anyone defending Obama with his claim that 48 million didn't have insurance.
That's what started all of this...
List the problems Rozman...you've claimed that they are legion.

Seems you're backing down to "well Obama lied about it, so it must be bad" stance now.

List the problems.

There is no need to list the problems with ObozoCare as they are self-evident. The issue is the unethical way the Democrats pushed thru that Bill against the wishes of the majority of this country. It was horribly planned and is so terrible, major parts of it must be delayed, lest there be 535 republicans running the congress next term.

You people take us for fools that we don't know the latest delay takes us conveniently past the next election in November? This is well past the earliest date companies must notify their employees and you're counting on the public not realizing this. If you were honest with yourself, you'd admit the deceit perpetrated on the American public by Obama and the democrat party.

Last edited:
meh. let me know a month out before this really matters. Things can change even within 2 weeks of an election.
Even If the GOP take back the senate, nothing will happen.

You think the public will suddenly start liking Obamacare two weeks before the election?
Just in case, political ads need to emphasize that parts of the Obamacare have been delayed past election so that it would not influence the public's vote.

Forum List

Back