Nate Silver: Dems are in Deep Trouble

I was waiting for a RWer to post this thread.

I saw Nate Silver on one of the Sunday shows reporting his calculations.

Yes, it doesn't look well for the Dems, but it's funny that the RWers are touting Nate Silver when they were the same ones calling him a snot nosed kid not to be taken seriously when he was predicting Obama's victories.

I believe Nate Silver's predictions because the man has always been right, but let's see if some time can lessen the blow that Nate predicts is coming.

The Dems need to get some balls and just outright defend Obamacare...it's what the Republicans would do in their position.

It will work in their favor if they do.

HOwever, if they keep talking about "We're not gonna repeal it, we'll FIX it." that's not gonna fly, having to fix something implies you broke it.

Note how the Republicans STILL don't really bash Bush for what he caused and did. Even though it's well-known. If it's one thing the Republicans understand is language and the use of talking points and they are VERY proficient at it. I hope the Dems get some sense before November.

How would you suggest they go about defending it and not look out of touch, considering that more people than not don't approve of it's current layout...you don't agree it needs any tweaking??
What parts do you have a problem with?

You will note I made a point about language and the Republican's adeptness at it.

The Dems are currently using the word "FIX", I'd use "IMPROVE"

They also need to get on the offensive and TOUT all the GREAT things about Obamacare...I just responded to a RW radical poster with one of the many benefits of Obamacare.

The Dems need to grow a pair.

Yes.
Longer wait times means more chance to make friends.
Americans work too hard anyway.
Disposable income is over rated and selfish
You can trust the government to manage your health care. Ask any Indian.

The Dems need to get some balls and just outright defend Obamacare.

I really hope they do to really make sure the maximum amount of Democrats lose their seats.

Yea, we need to go back to allowing insurance cartels to cancel people's policies when they have a major illness, and deny them coverage due to preexisting conditions.

The right wing corporation ass lickers might win one election cycle, but THEN we will see what they will do with health care...

The Dems need to get some balls and just outright defend Obamacare.

I really hope they do to really make sure the maximum amount of Democrats lose their seats.

Yea, we need to go back to allowing insurance cartels to cancel people's policies when they have a major illness, and deny them coverage due to preexisting conditions.

The right wing corporation ass lickers might win one election cycle, but THEN we will see what they will do with health care...

You're one of them lo-lo posters, arent you?
No one's insurance was cancelled due to illness.

The nation is in deep trouble if the right wing scum gain any power.

Yeah, the nation has been doing great since the Obama regime took over. :lol::cuckoo:
You have no idea how CORRECT you are.

Obama's Administration brought the country BACK from total financial COLLAPSE that the nation was headed to under the Bush Regime.

He also turned around a 750,000/month job loss to now in the positives.

Bush almost crashed the car and Obama corrected it just in time.

You RWers really are shrugging the MASSIVE DAMAGES that Bush did during his reign.

The putz was a NATIONAL and WORLD disaster.

The fact that you bastards haven't learned your lesson GUARANTEES that we'll be headed back down that EXACT. SAME. PATH if you people are rewarded with even a little bit more authority.

It's the WORSE thing that could happen to have Republicans gain more control at this time.

The nation is in deep trouble if the right wing scum gain any power.

Yeah, the nation has been doing great since the Obama regime took over. :lol::cuckoo:
You have no idea how CORRECT you are.

Obama's Administration brought the country BACK from total financial COLLAPSE that the nation was headed to under the Bush Regime.

He also turned around a 750,000/month job loss to now in the positives.

Bush almost crashed the car and Obama corrected it just in time.

You RWers really are shrugging the MASSIVE DAMAGES that Bush did during his reign.

The putz was a NATIONAL and WORLD disaster.

The fact that you bastards haven't learned your lessen GUARANTEES that we'll be headed back down that EXACT. SAME. PATH if you people are rewarded with even a little bit more authority.

It's the WORSE thing that could happen to have Republicans gain more control at this time.

^^Lo-lo poster and race traitor.

Yes, I believe in punishing law breakers. The entire Democratic Party is a party of lawbreakers. IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, NSA. They all need to be taken on the perp work.

And what about Bush and Cheney?

crickets...

What laws did they break?
crickets

REALLY? Why am I not surprised.

Let's start with the Bush Administration’s Liability for 269 War Crimes

Types of War Crimes « GEORGE W. BUSH, WAR CRIMINAL

I was waiting for a RWer to post this thread.

I saw Nate Silver on one of the Sunday shows reporting his calculations.

Yes, it doesn't look well for the Dems, but it's funny that the RWers are touting Nate Silver when they were the same ones calling him a snot nosed kid not to be taken seriously when he was predicting Obama's victories.

I believe Nate Silver's predictions because the man has always been right, but let's see if some time can lessen the blow that Nate predicts is coming.

The Dems need to get some balls and just outright defend Obamacare...it's what the Republicans would do in their position.

It will work in their favor if they do.

HOwever, if they keep talking about "We're not gonna repeal it, we'll FIX it." that's not gonna fly, having to fix something implies you broke it.

Note how the Republicans STILL don't really bash Bush for what he caused and did. Even though it's well-known. If it's one thing the Republicans understand is language and the use of talking points and they are VERY proficient at it. I hope the Dems get some sense before November.

How would you suggest they go about defending it and not look out of touch, considering that more people than not don't approve of it's current layout...you don't agree it needs any tweaking??
What parts do you have a problem with?

You will note I made a point about language and the Republican's adeptness at it.

The Dems are currently using the word "FIX", I'd use "IMPROVE"

They also need to get on the offensive and TOUT all the GREAT things about Obamacare...I just responded to a RW radical poster with one of the many benefits of Obamacare.

The Dems need to grow a pair.

Yeah, I don't think people are going to be fooled with word games. Bob Woodward had a great analogy this morning from an Obama supporter doctor, who compared this to a car stuck in first gear and the transmission is going to be in the shop for quite some time. We are a results driven "show me right now" culture...the public doesn't have the patience to wait, and I predict they will continue to turn against it, along with those politicians who don't admit that it's flawed.

Can anyone post any evidence of "longer wait lines" here in America?

There's a shocking thing in this country called a Political Cycle. Scary as you might think it is, it isn't so bad so stay calm and don't worry your pretty little heads.

And the excuses are starting to roll....
Ah, you do know that we have a two-party system here right? That they fight for control, which switches off to the other party every few years? It's in all the U.S. history books. Interesting reading actually. You should try it...

Yeah, I don't think people are going to be fooled with word games. Bob Woodward had a great analogy this morning from an Obama supporter doctor, who compared this to a car stuck in first gear and the transmission is going to be in the shop for quite some time. We are a results driven "show me right now" culture...the public doesn't have the patience to wait, and I predict they will continue to turn against it, along with those politicians who don't admit that it's flawed.
The fact that you state that and perhaps truly believe that tells me that you're not a serious student of American politics.

This is how Republicans win every political argument they do, by word games.

Just ask Frank Luntz...who all he does all day is figure out what words work best with the American voters, and he's paid quite HANDSOMELY for it by the Republican Party.

There's no equivalent to him on the left.

Sherry, I thought you were more serious than that.

Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
Dems have known for some time now that ObamaCare is a steaming pile of dog poo...
They are now gonna have to go on the record and admit it if they want to survive politically.
What part of not being able to be kicked off your insurance plan due to pre-existing conditions is considering "steaming pile of dog poo" sir?

Ah so that's what 2,500 pages got us. Don't be a bonehead.

The fact that you state that and perhaps truly believe that tells me that you're not a serious student of American politics.

As Frank Luntz...All he does all day is figure out what words work best with the American voters, and he's paid quite HANDSOMELY for it.

There's no equivalent of him on the left.

Guess I was wrong.

Awww so sorry to disappoint your patronizing ass.:lol: Politicians are bred to play games, but you have to be able to catch the people off guard to a certain extent...that you most likely believe the left doesn't play the same games, well I'm not surprised.;)

Dems have known for some time now that ObamaCare is a steaming pile of dog poo...
They are now gonna have to go on the record and admit it if they want to survive politically.
What part of not being able to be kicked off your insurance plan due to pre-existing conditions is considering "steaming pile of dog poo" sir?

Ah so that's what 2,500 pages got us. Don't be a bonehead.
Care to LIST all the problems being caused by Obamacare sir?

I'm not impressed by your rhetoric and insults.

Just ask Frank Luntz...who all he does all day is figure out what words work best with the American voters, and he's paid quite HANDSOMELY for it by the Republican Party.

Guess I was wrong.

Heh hehh ehh....

Like Global warming being changed to .... well clmate change!!! :badgrin:

FiveThirtyEight Senate Forecast: GOP Is Slight Favorite in Race for Senate Control | FiveThirtyEight
Nate Silver to ABC: GOP Has 60% Shot at Retaking Senate | Mediaite

GOP has 60% chance of retaking Senate according to Nate Silver.

Silver was one of the few who predicted that the government shutdown wouldn't have a big impact on the GOP in 2014, and he called the GOP having a good shot at retaking the Senate long before other political handicappers, way back in June 2013.

Liberals, I know you loved Nate in 2012, and he was right then. But it looks like he's going to be right again, much to your chagrin.

EDIT: By the way, my own model also showed something along the lines of this with regards to the Senate. Hopefully, it will work out.

So now the Libertarians and Cons will be jumping on the Nate Silver bandwagon? We have 8 months to go, the Teaparty has so much they can screw up by then.
Yep and now the Dems and far lefties will be jumping off it even though they couldn't cite Nate Silver enough in 2012 we will see if he's right to his credit he has been so far.

As Frank Luntz...All he does all day is figure out what words work best with the American voters, and he's paid quite HANDSOMELY for it.

There's no equivalent of him on the left.

Guess I was wrong.

Awww so sorry to disappoint your patronizing ass.:lol: Politicians are bred to play games, but you have to be able to catch the people off guard to a certain extent...that you most likely believe the left doesn't play the same games, well I'm not surprised.;)
Don't feel bad that you have your own A$$ in your hand because I just gave it to you just now.

You JUST stated equivocally w/o the shadow of a doubt that Americans don't go for word games and when I pointed out how The Republican Party INVESTS a LOT Of millions into word-play you just slink away with tepid and passive-aggressive insults.

You're very entertaining Sherry...I'll give you that much.

:lol:
lol

Sorry, Frank Luntz is no match to the clown car occupants Biden/Reid/Pelosi when it comes to word games. Nice try, tho', bro'.....

Forum List

Back