Is it ever acceptable to bomb a school or a hospital? (Poll)

Is it ever acceptable to bomb a school or a hospital?

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Well no. We fought a fight the British weren't used to and it worked for us.
Well yes. A perfectly appropriate military tactic used against the regimented red coat forces on our land isn’t remotely the same as attacking civilian populations.

The fact that it worked has nothing to do with your false claim.
The civilians have a choice?
There’s a question that makes zero sense.

Why? So, the Hamas' fighters can have a strategic advantage of having cover to fight from against advancing IDF forces?

We train our troops in urban combat for a reason. It's the worst situation you can find yourself in. I volunteered as opposition forces (OP4) against numerous Special Ops troops in urban combat for about 11 years. Most of the time we lost, but every once in a while, we bloodied up their troops badly.

We once trained a SEAL team prior to deployment to the Middle East. We did about a week and a half of exercises with them. At the end of the training the team commander requested all of the role-players to appear before their entire team in a briefing room. He told them, "All week, I have been telling your that you have been getting your asses kicked by grandfathers and teenagers. Here they are!" Our forces consisted of about 20 civilians who volunteered to do this training, most of us were regulars attending the training. We knew our training facilities. They did not. We had mostly senior high school aged kids about 16, college students, and a lot of grumpy old vets like me in their 40s and up in age, and we even had an 80-year-old ex-German army officer. Many times, when they could not breach our hideouts, they would simulate taking us out with an airstrike. We used schools, embassies, and hospitals as cover, as well as civilian housing. Often, we had role-players not in the fight to act as innocent civilians caught in the crossfire.

After 11 years going against these guys, we knew their tactics, procedures, and weapons, down to a "T". Hamas can learn just as quickly. and slaughter Jews at their leisure. A dumb bomb from an Israeli F-16s makes more sense if they are using cover.
1. I read David Bellavia's book "House to House". I also read books about Chris Kyle. I know urban street fighting is vicious and deadly. But just bombing does not control the battlespace, ground forces capture ground.

2. That said it still doesn't excuse bombing schools and hospitals unless they are active enemy strongholds in active combat. From what I read the IDF just bombs everything, especially civilians. In the battle of Stalingrad the bombed out buildings made better defensive positions than the intact buildings.

3. Does smart-bombing schools and hospitals have an affect on the Gaza battlespace?
(I don't think they use dumb bombs anymore, too inaccurate)
I do know that 40,000 women and kids have been killed there.

Last edited:
They went home.
Don't start lying. They held anyone who secreted them brutally accountable. They didn't go home. They were sent packing--the ones that survived. You really need to climb off the pacifist horse you are basing your discussion on. There is no end to the circuitous lying as long as you refuse to hold the terrorists responsible for their own actions.

Don't start lying. They held anyone who secreted them brutally accountable. They didn't go home. They were sent packing--the ones that survived. You really need to climb off the pacifist horse you are basing your discussion on. There is no end to the circuitous lying as long as you refuse to hold the terrorists responsible for their own actions.

So far some want to hold 6 million people accountable if need be.

Does smart-bombing schools and hospitals have an affect on the Gaza battlespace?
Not until the ground forces go through and clear the hidden bunkers under those buildings. Where do you think the evidence of hidden munitions UNDER those schools and hospitals came from?

So if the hospital tunnel entrance is destroyed, another one is created.
Bombing the school or hospital doesn't win anything.
Destroy the city and the terrorist will leave. The palis train their children to be terrorist fucks. They teach them from grade school age to hate Jews. When they die doing so, they venerate them as heroes. You people that are sympathetic towards them are supporting terrorists. It is that simple.
Admittedly it is sad. War is a dirty rotten business and that's the truth.

School kids or hospital patients are not complicit.
Warnings were given. If Hamas forces these people to stay then it is on Hamas. Otherwise, Hamas should have cleared them. Hamas has the solution. They should surrender without conditions and release the hostages. The Japanese came to this conclusion when faced with the horrors of war on their homeland in WWII and they did exactly that. Hamas is not the victim and they should be treated the same.

Hypothetical:

Suppose we had solid intel establishing that some IslamoJihadist terrorist scumbag pussy motherfuckers had secured a nuclear weapon or more. And we knew that they had concealed themselves and their nuclear missiles within a school full of kids. Plus, based on confirmed human and signals intel, we knew they were about to launch those nuclear capped missiles at a civilian population center of us or one of our close allies.

Do we bomb the ever loving hell out of that school to fool the nuclear attack (knowing that innocent kids would be killed in the process) OR to avoid the latter, do we refuse to take out that school?

Forum List

Back