goodbye, cruel world. i'm retiring from peace activism, but not from living my life and commercializing my businesses.

I started and ran a successful business for 20 years. All you need is to identify a gap in the market (or a niche that is underserved) and have the ability and motivation to bring it to fruition.

I started with $1500, and grew the business into one generating 7 figures in revenues, and employed five people.
I have retired many times. I closed my law firm, retired, but went to dog grooming school. I hated people too much to continue in law. Closed the grooming salon when my partner died. Retired to rural Nevada desert. Recruited by an Iranian law firm in London to iron out a few problems in Los Angeles. Retired from that to engage in an art hobby and reengaging my long dormant writing activities. Now I have an art agent, obligations for paintings here and there AND publishers curious about my novel. They will NEVER publish my unwoke work. My retirement has somehow slipped right through my fingers.

Hey!!! Me too! A lot of them dropped like a sack of rocks when I hit them with a sap. They were pretty entertaining for a few seconds, though. I love martial artists; they're so earnest and serious and stuff! They remind me a lot of those Spanky and Our Gang comedies.
Saps are dangerous weapons. My mom used a sap rolling gays in Provincetown. They go down like a sack of flour.

I have retired many times. I closed my law firm, retired, but went to dog grooming school. I hated people too much to continue in law. Closed the grooming salon when my partner died. Retired to rural Nevada desert. Recruited by an Iranian law firm in London to iron out a few problems in Los Angeles. Retired from that to engage in an art hobby and reengaging my long dormant writing activities. Now I have an art agent, obligations for paintings here and there AND publishers curious about my novel. They will NEVER publish my unwoke work. My retirement has somehow slipped right through my fingers.
Sounds like you’ve found a way to turn your hobby into a lucrative retirement.

Didn’t realize you were a lawyer. When I was in college, all my friends headed on to law school. I took a pass because of vision problems* - and even college was a strain - but I’m glad I didn’t go. Almost all the people I know burned out on it and switched out of it.

*Would have been easier these days with the ability to zoom in on computer screens.

Forum List

Back