Nate Silver just announced that Arizona should be removed from the Biden column

Trump shot himself in the foot down there.
gif3.gif

However;

Last edited:
Did he give a reason?

“What you just saw was the vote total in Maricopa County, Arizona, just updated,” Kornacki said. “To explain what’s going on here. Maricopa County is about two-thirds of Arizona in terms of population. So, this is the motherload when you’re talking about votes in Arizona.”

“We have basically the third batch of votes, the third and final batch of votes that they’re going to work through … we called these the ‘late early votes,'” he said. “They were mail ballots, absentee ballots, that came in sort of after this past weekend or were brought in on election day.”

“And the suspense has been would this be a Trump favorable group or would it be a Biden favorable group? And so we just got those new numbers, of the new votes that were just reported out, Donald Trump won 43,966 of them, Joe Biden won 30,322 of them,” he continued. “Donald Trump is getting around 59% of these votes.”

Rachel Maddow immediately interjected, “Oh, God. That’s crazy.”

Kornacki added that Trump is running about the rate the he needs to, or very close to it, with the final batch of votes that he needs to overtake Biden in the state.

Nate Silver wants AP and Fox News to retract calling Arizona for Biden

"Nate Silver, the founder and editor-in-chief of the data journalism site FiveThirtyEight, has said that the Associated Press and Fox News should retract their call of Arizona for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

"'I don't know, I guess I'd say that Biden will win Arizona if you forced me to pick, but I sure as heck don't think the state should have been called by anyone, and I think the calls that were previously made should be retracted now,' Silver wrote in his website's blog."

Did he give a reason?

“What you just saw was the vote total in Maricopa County, Arizona, just updated,” Kornacki said. “To explain what’s going on here. Maricopa County is about two-thirds of Arizona in terms of population. So, this is the motherload when you’re talking about votes in Arizona.”

“We have basically the third batch of votes, the third and final batch of votes that they’re going to work through … we called these the ‘late early votes,'” he said. “They were mail ballots, absentee ballots, that came in sort of after this past weekend or were brought in on election day.”

“And the suspense has been would this be a Trump favorable group or would it be a Biden favorable group? And so we just got those new numbers, of the new votes that were just reported out, Donald Trump won 43,966 of them, Joe Biden won 30,322 of them,” he continued. “Donald Trump is getting around 59% of these votes.”

Rachel Maddow immediately interjected, “Oh, God. That’s crazy.”

Kornacki added that Trump is running about the rate the he needs to, or very close to it, with the final batch of votes that he needs to overtake Biden in the state.

The TRUMP campaign was pushing early vote...in person, absentee, and by mail, encouraging people to drop off ballots in person. This is why assuming Biden has the "mail-in" vote is faulty reasoning for calling Arizona and other states for Biden.

The TRUMP campaign has great internal polling where they have tracked peoples vote and how people voted.

Just heard on the news but can't find a link.
Silver has been saying this ever since Fox News and the AP called it for Trump. Silver works with ABC who has not called it for anyone.

Also, saying it should be removed from Biden’s column does not mean it should belong to Trump’s column.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
The AP and Fox NEWS should have never called it for Biden.

CNN and NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC

ALL have Arizona as
TOO EARLY TO CALL.

Of course it should, what stupid, lowly rat bastard moron gave AZ to Biden so early? Oh yeah Chris Stirewalt, never mind...

The first site I saw give it to Biden was Fox News.
It was:
Fox News was the first major one to project that former vice president Joe Biden would win Arizona, a call that came at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday...

Fox News decision-desk director Arnon Mishkin went on-air during Fox’s election night coverage to explain the independent team’s methodology, saying, “The president is not going to be able to take over and win enough votes to eliminate that seven-point lead that the former vice president has.”

Of course, media outlets "calling" election results in various states has no impact upon the actual election results.

Despite the ravings of some crackpots, ALL eligible votes must be counted until the result is irrefutable.

Forum List

Back