National Debt Explodes $6 Trillion Under Obama

What you are doing is parroting the right wing propaganda of "ooo ooo! Obama has the highest debt number than anyone! He's the worst! Neener-neener!

While technically true, guess what? W racked up more debt than clinton, Bush racked up more debt than reagan, reagan racked up more debt than carter, and so on and so one.

THIS NATION'S DEBT HAS GONE NOWHERE BUT UP SINCE THE MID 1800's!

That's right, there hasn't been a single president that has done anything to make large progress at paying down the debt besides clinton.

My (and forbes) statement is 100% correct. Obama has been very frugal with expanding the debt.

If Obama was a republican and spent like bush, out debt would be 6-7X higher right now.

Obama is spending more than Obama you fucking RETARD. Our Debt IS much higher than if Bush were still in office spending you fucking RETARD.

How is it you can blame Bush for everything but you can't blame Clinton/Obama for anything? It's well known Clinton and Newt raided SS to fake a surplus, it's well known Clinton deregulated the housing market and pumped federal dollars into homes to create a bubble, it's well known Clinton left Bush a rescission...

I'm not defending Bush, I'm pointing out how your incredible hyper partisan blindness has made you nothing more than a mindless Obama-bot lemming. Everything is not Obama's fault, I know this, but to claim he spends less than Bush when there is no number out there in the world that could prove that is mind numbing.

Three trillion in tax cuts that weren't offset with spending cuts.
Two unpaid for wars.
Big Pharma bill costing trillions more.
Tens of thousands of YOUNG Americans maimed in Iraq needing care for the rest of their lives.
Deregulated Wall Street costing the economy trillions.
Reconciliation used THREE times by the Republicans to do these awful things.

And someone who doesn't even know how to use spell check calls other people a fucking RETARD? Really?

So fucking stupid and doesn't even know it. Pitiful, simply pitiful.

We're all aware that Bush spent too much money, Deanie...

Of course since Barry took Office he's made W. look like a piker when it comes to racking up debt. Did you want to discuss that...or are you going to stick to your usual "It's all Bush's fault!!!" rant?

If Barack Obama continues at the rate he is going presently he will have accumulated more debt during his eight year Presidency then all of the other 43 Presidents COMBINED! Now go ahead and spin that number to make it acceptable, Black...I dare you.

What has he spent the money on?

Have you a spreadsheet?

Outstanding point.

Obama famously made the statement that 90% of the spending going on right now is for Bush/GOP plans, which is 100% true.

causes-of-deficits-treasury.jpg

*rips own face off*

SO you admit you re-elected Bush for a 4th term... THANK YOU. No Bush era policy repeals. YOU love and defend Bush by defending Obama.... THANK YOU. You claim Bush spent like a maniac, then prove for us all that Obama spends even more than "maniacs" spend.... THANK YOU.

What really kills me is Bush's first term and Obama's first term are near identical in spending growth... You don't even have the costs for Obamacare in there because you stopped the chart in 2011. The FED is dumping 40 billion a month on the markets, markets you like to brag about but mean nothing because it's purely artificial. Does that money get accounted for? In one year that will equate to near 480 BILLION dollars, near half a fucking trillion, and guess what, we're almost there! Does Obama get that added on his spending or does he only get the credit of the boost it artificially gives him?

Last edited:
Outstanding point.

Obama famously made the statement that 90% of the spending going on right now is for Bush/GOP plans, which is 100% true.

causes-of-deficits-treasury.jpg

Obama has "famously" made lots of statements, Black...most of which have turned to be complete bullshit. This is just one more of them...

I've provided proof, you are just crying conspiracy because the lies the right wing propaganda machine has told you are blowing up in your face.

If you would like to show proof otherwise, from a legitimate source, feel free to do so.

Actually, what you've DONE, Black is to use cherry picked statistics to obscure the fact that Barack Obama is piling debt onto the backs of the American people at an unprecedented rate with no end in sight.

Breitfart? What a joke!

Try an actual legitimate source, until then GTFO.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2012

Obamalama has exploded the debt, deficit and spending
President bush's first fiscal budget began on 10/1/2001 and for 8 years it went through 9/30/2009...

President Bush 8 Fiscal years.
10/2001 $5.807 Trillion
9/2009 $11.909 trillion

National Debt added for President bush's 8 fiscal years was $6.102 Trillion.

President Obama Full Fiscal years through 9/30/2012
10/2009 $11.909
9/2012 $ 16.066

National Debt added for President Obama's 4 full fiscal years is $4.157 trillion

If memory serves me, I remember you were one of the few who did not support the over spending of President Bush Dave.....

but you know as well as I do, that you can not start the National Debt clock the first Day the President is in office and that FISCAL YEARS is how each president is judged on the legitimate books.

Breibart didn't have to go and misrepresent the "numbers" for our Presidents by starting on the first day they took office...it goes by and has ALWAYS gone by, the first fiscal budget of responsibility for each president.

AND without fudging the dates of responsibility as Breibart has done, it is still very bad at the $4.1 trillion added in just the first 4 years of Obama.

and anyone with common sense KNOWS that there is nothing a new president has done to affect the national debt on day 1....as with any business when a new CEO takes the position...the CEO is not blamed for at least the first 6 months and usually a year, for the budget and expenses at hand when he started.

Also, breibart fails to mention that President bush began when we had a running balanced or near balanced budget.

When President obama began, he inherited a running yearly budget deficit of 1.450 trillion

FACTS ARE FACTS, and this Briebart garbage is just TWISTED FIGURES, that don't even go by what all presidents have been evaluated on for the last 200 years...8 full fiscal years.

And I didn't arrive at that fact from some Right Wing conspiracy site...a look at the National Debt Clock does it for me.

Breitfart? What a joke!

Not true. Obama has spent less, and expanded the debt less than any other president since Ike.

Unlike the "spend us into oblivion" right wingers like Reagan and W,..

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

Thats why we overspend 4 billion a day to keep the lights on ,Obama is a financial genius, glad you straighten it all out .....:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
$636_1360237455.jpg

Breitfart? What a joke!

President bush's first fiscal budget began on 10/1/2001 and for 8 years it went through 9/30/2009...

10/2001 $5.807 Trillion
9/2009 $11.909 trillion

10/2009 $11.909
9/2012 $ 16.066

National Debt added for President Obama's 4 full fiscal years is $4.157 trillion

If memory serves me, I remember you were one of the few who did not support the over spending of President Bush Dave.....

but you know as well as I do, that you can not start the National Debt clock the first Day the President is in office and that FISCAL YEARS is how each president is judged on the legitimate books.

Breibart didn't have to go and misrepresent the "numbers" for our Presidents by starting on the first day they took office...it goes by and has ALWAYS gone by, the first fiscal budget of responsibility for each president.

AND without fudging the dates of responsibility as Breibart has done, it is still very bad at the $4.1 trillion added in just the first 4 years of Obama.

and anyone with common sense KNOWS that there is nothing a new president has done to affect the national debt on day 1....as with any business when a new CEO takes the position...the CEO is not blamed for at least the first 6 months and usually a year, for the budget and expenses at hand when he started.

Also, breibart fails to mention that President bush began when we had a running balanced or near balanced budget.

When President obama began, he inherited a running yearly budget deficit of 1.450 trillion

FACTS ARE FACTS, and this Briebart garbage is just TWISTED FIGURES, that don't even go by what all presidents have been evaluated on for the last 200 years...8 full fiscal years.

I'm amused by the concept that a Democratic President spending the money approved in a Congress controlled by Democrats shouldn't bear any responsibility for said spending. The whole "fiscal year" thing is all well and good if you're trying to slant the numbers Barry's way but when it's a liberal spending money that other liberals approved the budget for it's kind of hard for me to blame the conservative that's sitting back in Texas cutting brush...you know what I mean?

Not true. Obama has spent less, and expanded the debt less than any other president since Ike.

Thats why we overspend 4 billion a day to keep the lights on ,Obama is a financial genius, glad you straighten it all out .....:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
View attachment 24724

Where you screaming impeach W when he was spending us into oblivion?

Of course not, you were sucking his ass because you don't give a shit what the (R)'s do

Get fucked you ignorant hack.

Under President Barack Obama, the national debt has grown by more than $6 trillion, the largest increase under any president in U.S. history.

According to the Treasury Department, the national public debt now stands at $16,687,289,180,215.37.

On the first day of Obama’s first term, the debt was $10.626 trillion.

Under President George W. Bush, the debt grew $4.9 trillion in eight years.

Presently, the federal government is embroiled in a contentious debate over $85 billion in budget cuts, or 0.005% as a percentage of the national debt.
- See more at: National Debt Explodes $6 Trillion Under Obama

Actually, we don't even know how much it grew under Bush.

Remember, there have been tens of thousands of Americans maimed in Iraq. We will need to care for these people an average of 50 years each. That's from Bush stretching years into the future. Then the Bush tax cuts that were extended. Who knows the total cost? Remember, they weren't offset. We still don't know the final cost of Iraq. The Big Pharma bill has only been calculated. But the early estimates were in the trillions. Then the money lost with the millions of jobs moving to China from 2000 to 2008.

It would be so neat and tidy if it was only where one president ended and the next began. Only it's NOT "neat and tidy".

10/2001 $5.807 Trillion
9/2009 $11.909 trillion

10/2009 $11.909
9/2012 $ 16.066

I'm amused by the concept that a Democratic President spending the money approved in a Congress controlled by Democrats shouldn't bear any responsibility for said spending. The whole "fiscal year" thing is all well and good if you're trying to slant the numbers Barry's way but when it's a liberal spending money that other liberals approved the budget for it's kind of hard for me to blame the conservative that's sitting back in Texas cutting brush...you know what I mean?

It appears that it is you and Breibart who are changing it for their own political slant and bias not me dear...

Presidents have never in our history been fiscally accountable on day 1 of their presidencies. they have always been graded on their 8 fiscal years of responsibility....

PERIOD.

President bush is credited with his 8 fiscal budget years, Obama will be credited with his 8 fiscal budget years...that's how it is done and that is how it has always been done and nothing you or Breibart can say and do, will change that....

So please rethink your position as it stands, because it is simply wrong.

Care

10/2001 $5.807 Trillion
9/2009 $11.909 trillion

10/2009 $11.909
9/2012 $ 16.066

It appears that it is you and Breibart who are changing it for their own political slant and bias not me dear...

Presidents have never in our history been fiscally accountable on day 1 of their presidencies. they have always been graded on their 8 fiscal years of responsibility....

PERIOD.

President bush is credited with his 8 fiscal budget years, Obama will be credited with his 8 fiscal budget years...that's how it is done and that is how it has always been done and nothing you or Breibart can say and do, will change that....

Care

Then maybe people should stop comparing all 8 of Bush's VS 2 and 3 of Obama's... Maybe people should stop claiming Bush left Obama a recession while claiming Clinton left Bush a surplus when in fact Clinton stole money from places like SS to fudge the numbers as well as leaving Bush a recession.

All progressives do when they attack Bush era spending is prove why Obama era spending won't suddenly save the economy. We all get that Government spending stimulates the economy, but it seems less understand it does so on debt. That debt outpaces the prospects seeing as vast amounts of it are wasted and you are left paying interest.

10/2001 $5.807 Trillion
9/2009 $11.909 trillion

10/2009 $11.909
9/2012 $ 16.066

PERIOD.

Care

Really? so what if they are a one term President?
you can't be serious Care

An OPINION piece... look at the fucking numbers, you fucking hyper-partisan idiot parrot

No, it's not. It's 100% facts.

Though to ultra right wing hack like you, "facts" are a thing you don't care about, only fabricated lies from the propaganda outlets that give your lil' 2"er a chubbie.
Rick Unger is a dedicated left-wing hack who does editorial spins for Forbes like this:

SCOTUS Poised To Take Next Step On the Road To Total Political Domination By The Wealthy? - Forbes

I wonder how many lefty sites would carry editorials by right-wing counterparts.

Under President Barack Obama, the national debt has grown by more than $6 trillion, the largest increase under any president in U.S. history.

According to the Treasury Department, the national public debt now stands at $16,687,289,180,215.37.

Presently, the federal government is embroiled in a contentious debate over $85 billion in budget cuts, or 0.005% as a percentage of the national debt.

National Debt Graph by President

That's very misleading. First and foremost, you're comparing nominal figures, which is meaningless.

Also, we were still operating under Bush's FY2009 budget when Obama took the reins in January, 2009.

And lastly, you're ignoring the interest rate. When Reagan started increasing the debt on his way to tripling it, interest rates were in double digits. While Obama has been borrowing money, it's with interesst rates at the lowest they've been on some 60 years.

If you look at the average annual increase in debt, by president since Reagan, based on budgetary fiscal years, it breaks down as:

Reagan ........... 23.3%
GHW Bush ....... 13.6%
Clinton ............. 4.0%
Bush .............. 11.1%
Obama ........... 13.0%

PERIOD.

Care

Really? so what if they are a one term President?
you can't be serious Care
Is that a serious question? If they serve only 4 years then they are responsible for their 4 fiscal budget years Stephanie....if they only serve 3 years because they were impeached and removed or they died in office after 3 years service then they would be responsible for their 3 fiscal budget years... quite simple really....

I'm sorry Stephanie, that is just the way it is, and has always been...

It's not like it looks good for obama...in 4 full fiscal years $4.1 trillion has been added to the National Debt

Last edited:
Snip:
National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush

CBS
(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.

Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.

The federal budget sent to Congress last month by Mr. Obama, projects the National Debt will continue to rise as far as the eye can see. The budget shows the Debt hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5 trillion in 2013 and $25.9 trillion in 2022.

all of it here
National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Breitfart? What a joke!

That graph is misleading as it attributes none of FY2009 to Obama other than the stimulus, even though Bush signed a continuing resolution which only covered the first half of FY2009. Obama owns the second half of FY2009, which that graphs omits.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back