National Debt Explodes $6 Trillion Under Obama

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2012

Obamalama has exploded the debt, deficit and spending

Not true. Obama has spent less, and expanded the debt less than any other president since Ike.

Unlike the "spend us into oblivion" right wingers like Reagan and W,..

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

By the true numbers, you are dead wrong

You sir, are an idiot and fall for the typical propaganda... because you want it to be true

:razz: I was just about to post that it won't take long for some idiot Obamabot to post that debunked bar chart showing Obama has spent next to nothing.

Not true. Obama has spent less, and expanded the debt less than any other president since Ike.

Unlike the "spend us into oblivion" right wingers like Reagan and W,..

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

Your post is typical progressive propaganda that uses statistical "sleight of hand" to try to hide the vast amounts of debt that we have piled up since Barack Obama took office. Yes, the "percentage increase" in spending over what George W. Bush spent in the last year of his second term is rather modest compared to some other Presidents but you have to remember that huge amounts of money were spent by W. during the last year he was in office on stimulus because the economy was in such dire straits.
Saying that Obama isn't a "spender" because he's spent only a bit more than someone who piled up some serious debt his last year in office trying to keep our financial system from imploding doesn't mean Barry's been "frugal" in any way. Obama is spending more than W. spent during that crucial period of time at the height of the recession when banks were teetering on the brink of collapse but he's spending it EVERY SINGLE YEAR of his Presidency...trillion dollar plus deficits lined up as far as the eye can see with no relief in sight.

So spare me the nonsense that Barack Obama is not a tax and spend liberal...or more aptly in his case...a borrow and spend liberal...because he most definitely IS!

What you are doing is parroting the right wing propaganda of "ooo ooo! Obama has the highest debt number than anyone! He's the worst! Neener-neener!

While technically true, guess what? W racked up more debt than clinton, Bush racked up more debt than reagan, reagan racked up more debt than carter, and so on and so one.

THIS NATION'S DEBT HAS GONE NOWHERE BUT UP SINCE THE MID 1800's!

That's right, there hasn't been a single president that has done anything to make large progress at paying down the debt besides clinton.

My (and forbes) statement is 100% correct. Obama has been very frugal with expanding the debt.

If Obama was a republican and spent like bush, out debt would be 6-7X higher right now.

Obama is spending more than Obama you fucking RETARD. Our Debt IS much higher than if Bush were still in office spending you fucking RETARD.

How is it you can blame Bush for everything but you can't blame Clinton/Obama for anything? It's well known Clinton and Newt raided SS to fake a surplus, it's well known Clinton deregulated the housing market and pumped federal dollars into homes to create a bubble, it's well known Clinton left Bush a rescission...

I'm not defending Bush, I'm pointing out how your incredible hyper partisan blindness has made you nothing more than a mindless Obama-bot lemming. Everything is not Obama's fault, I know this, but to claim he spends less than Bush when there is no number out there in the world that could prove that is mind numbing.

All you have to do is look at the total debt that's accumulated from the start of Barack Obama's first term until the end. It was approx. ten and a half trillion dollars when he became President and by the end of his first term that total was almost sixteen and a half trillion.

Bush on the other hand started with a debt of almost six trillion and increased that by five trillion OVER AN EIGHT YEAR PERIOD!

Here, if you're going to play this bullshit game....

Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9I76C7fG0Uk/URFrzEyOGvI/AAAAAAAAYUE/_QXguWW4W18/s1600/DeficitCBO.jpg

I also like how the CBO estimates reflect near nothing even close to reality, look at 2011-2013 "projected" spending VS what it really was, hell they were off by near a fucking trillion.

Google Image Result for http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/budgetdeficit14-640.png

Good graphs. You can see the soaring surplus under clinton, and how it plunged when W came into office.

Then when the nation was at the brink of complete collapse at the end of W's regime, Obama saved the nation and the deficit bounced right back virtually overnight once Obama came into office.

Thanks democrats! :clap2:

If Barack Obama continues at the rate he is going presently he will have accumulated more debt during his eight year Presidency then all of the other 43 Presidents COMBINED! Now go ahead and spin that number to make it acceptable, Black...I dare you.

Your post is typical progressive propaganda that uses statistical "sleight of hand" to try to hide the vast amounts of debt that we have piled up since Barack Obama took office. Yes, the "percentage increase" in spending over what George W. Bush spent in the last year of his second term is rather modest compared to some other Presidents but you have to remember that huge amounts of money were spent by W. during the last year he was in office on stimulus because the economy was in such dire straits.
Saying that Obama isn't a "spender" because he's spent only a bit more than someone who piled up some serious debt his last year in office trying to keep our financial system from imploding doesn't mean Barry's been "frugal" in any way. Obama is spending more than W. spent during that crucial period of time at the height of the recession when banks were teetering on the brink of collapse but he's spending it EVERY SINGLE YEAR of his Presidency...trillion dollar plus deficits lined up as far as the eye can see with no relief in sight.

So spare me the nonsense that Barack Obama is not a tax and spend liberal...or more aptly in his case...a borrow and spend liberal...because he most definitely IS!

What you are doing is parroting the right wing propaganda of "ooo ooo! Obama has the highest debt number than anyone! He's the worst! Neener-neener!

While technically true, guess what? W racked up more debt than clinton, Bush racked up more debt than reagan, reagan racked up more debt than carter, and so on and so one.

That's right, there hasn't been a single president that has done anything to make large progress at paying down the debt besides clinton.

My (and forbes) statement is 100% correct. Obama has been very frugal with expanding the debt.

If Obama was a republican and spent like bush, out debt would be 6-7X higher right now.

Obama is spending more than Obama you fucking RETARD. Our Debt IS much higher than if Bush were still in office spending you fucking RETARD.

How is it you can blame Bush for everything but you can't blame Clinton/Obama for anything? It's well known Clinton and Newt raided SS to fake a surplus, it's well known Clinton deregulated the housing market and pumped federal dollars into homes to create a bubble, it's well known Clinton left Bush a rescission...

I'm not defending Bush, I'm pointing out how your incredible hyper partisan blindness has made you nothing more than a mindless Obama-bot lemming. Everything is not Obama's fault, I know this, but to claim he spends less than Bush when there is no number out there in the world that could prove that is mind numbing.

In Bush's last 4 years, he expanded the debt by 8.1, Obama was only 1.4 in his first term. How in the hell is Bush going to expand the debt less than Obama?? That's all W and the GOP did was spend like maniacs!

You are in every way a radical right wing hack pretending to be a libertarian.

Get back to sucking Beck's dick you punk bitch.

Last edited:
Here black_Lable...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTQKb7al3ZU]Ron Paul calls out Gingrich on his budget LIES! CNN Debate - YouTube[/ame]

If Barack Obama continues at the rate he is going presently he will have accumulated more debt during his eight year Presidency then all of the other 43 Presidents COMBINED! Now go ahead and spin that number to make it acceptable, Black...I dare you.

What has he spent the money on?

Have you a spreadsheet?

I'm baffled by your claim that Obama "saved" the nation. What did he do that differed from what W. had already started? TARP was what saved the banking industry. That was W's baby. Obama gave us his stimulus but that wasn't really that effective. How do I know that? Well, quite simply...you don't invent a new economic statistic "jobs saved" if the stimulus program you've spent nearly a trillion dollars on has CREATED a bunch of new jobs. You create a new stat like that if you're trying to hide the fact that you spent a huge amount of tax payer money and have little to show for it.

I have already posted this. Every single president in the history of the nation after the mid 1800's has racked up more debt than they started with.

You could use that right wing propaganda talking point for every single president for the past 150+ years and it would be true.

Last edited:

In Bush's last 4 years, he expanded the debt by 8.1, Obama was only 1.4 in his first term. How in the hell is Bush going to expand the debt less than Obama?? That's all W and the GOP did was spend like maniacs!

You are in every way a radical right wing hack pretending to be a libertarian.

Get back to sucking Beck's dick you punk bitch.

I have never listened to Beck, I don't watch fox news and I'm not right wing.

Fact is you watch more Fox news and listen to more Hannity/Rush/Beck in a single year than I'll ever hear in my lifetime.

The problem is you claim Obama GREW spending slower than other Presidents but Obama actually spent far more than any other President. That's how you got around the fact that "Bush and Reps spent like maniacs" but Obama and Dems somehow are not spending like maniacs. How does that work?

What you're saying is because Bush spent (random even number) 1 trillion in deficit spending a year that Obama spening 1.2 trillion a year only counts as a 200,000 deficit spending a year but Bush counts as a 1 trillion. DO you see what you did there? You chopped off a trillion fucking dollars of Obama's yearly deficit spending and your reasoning is "_________."

Last edited:

Have you a spreadsheet?

Does it matter how the money was spent? We're discussing which Presidents added to the national debt and which didn't. Black has this mystifying idea that Barack Obama has added less to the debt than George W. Bush and it's simply not true. The amount of debt that we're accumulating under this President is unprecedented since WWII.

Have you a spreadsheet?

Outstanding point.

Obama famously made the statement that 90% of the spending going on right now is for Bush/GOP plans, which is 100% true.

causes-of-deficits-treasury.jpg

What he's done with his statistical "shell game" is amusing.

It would be like your kid running up an astronomical cell phone bill one month and then claiming to have gotten his calling under control because the bill only increased by a small amount the next month. Only a progressive would see that as "frugal".

YOU: Clinton gave us a booming economy from simple democratic fiscal plans. Fair tax rates, and controlled spending.

ME: No, he was forced to state, "The era of big govt is over" after the Republicans won the house in1994. More importantly, raising taxes is bad for the economy by definition because it reduces the money in consumers pockets or it increases costs on businesses. Either way the economy did ok in spite of Clinton not because of him. Part of it was that the fact that there were no deficits gave business confidence. Just the opposite of what Obama is doing running huge deficits. You undercut your own point by bringing up the surpluses with Clinton to defend Obama...

Have you a spreadsheet?

Outstanding point.

Obama famously made the statement that 90% of the spending going on right now is for Bush/GOP plans, which is 100% true.

Obama has "famously" made lots of statements, Black...most of which have turned to be complete bullshit. This is just one more of them...

Three trillion in tax cuts that weren't offset with spending cuts.
Two unpaid for wars.
Big Pharma bill costing trillions more.
Tens of thousands of YOUNG Americans maimed in Iraq needing care for the rest of their lives.
Deregulated Wall Street costing the economy trillions.
Reconciliation used THREE times by the Republicans to do these awful things.

And someone who doesn't even know how to use spell check calls other people a fucking RETARD? Really?

So fucking stupid and doesn't even know it. Pitiful, simply pitiful.

He "famously" promised that he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term...how's that worked out so far?

Have you a spreadsheet?

Outstanding point.

Obama has "famously" made lots of statements, Black...most of which have turned to be complete bullshit. This is just one more of them...

I've provided proof, you are just crying conspiracy because the lies the right wing propaganda machine has told you are blowing up in your face.

If you would like to show proof otherwise, from a legitimate source, feel free to do so.

Forum List

Back