National debt hits $19 trillion

The debt isn't going to kill us all. All of this hysteria over the debt is, well, hysterical.
You are ignorant. We are not getting crushed by the debt since interest rates are at all time lows for the past century.

If interest rates return to their post World War 2 average of 7% then our budget interest payments skyrocket.
Like I said..
Interest rates are slated to return to normal levels over time. We have already had a quarter percent increase.

Do you know what the hell you are talking bout?
Even if interest rates return to normal levels, that doesn't mean much.
Only in a world where the word "DEBT" is thrown out to scare those who don't understand it.

Only in a world where the word "DEBT" is thrown out to scare those who don't understand it.
OMG :banghead:

If interest rates go up from the ZIRP that is in place now, then we have to pay much more on the INTEREST ON THE DEBT.

IF you cant grasp that, then so be it; I cant remedy your affliction.

If interest rates go up from the ZIRP that is in place now, then we have to pay much more on the INTEREST ON THE DEBT.

I'm not disagreeing with you, you're simply assuming we can't pay the interest. Funny thing about debt..
(You should read this)
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/09/opinion/paul-krugman-nobody-understands-debt.html

I'm not disagreeing with you, you're simply assuming we can't pay the interest. Funny thing about debt..
(You should read this)
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/09/opinion/paul-krugman-nobody-understands-debt.html
Obviously we can pay the INTEREST on the debt, but the point is that it will be very difficult to do. What gets cut to pay for that interest on the debt, dude?

(You should read this)
Obviously we can pay the INTEREST on the debt, but the point is that it will be very difficult to do. What gets cut to pay for that interest on the debt, dude?
Of course it'll be difficult, which is why we'll need to do two things: Raise taxes and cut back on spending. Now, that's impossible.. since one party believes we can just cut spending and lower taxes, while the other believes in raising taxes and spending. (The tax raises are so little on the dem side it won't do much compared to the spending..) Compromise needs to happen.

Forum List

Back