Natural disasters, do you think people helping people is a white thing?

Do you think people helping people is a white thing?

• Yes, obviously

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, it's more about rural versus urban

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
As Fred Rogers once said, "Look for the helpers." Amid the destruction Friday night in Graves and Marshall counties, people throughout the region are stepping up to help.

Gage Lynch and his friends are cleaning up.

"So we have the tools to get out here and help, and so today we didn't have anything going on, didn't have any jobs, so some just came out to see if we could just help out," said Lynch.

And in this case, helping out means using their tools to clear the roads.

Some posters on USMB were saying that people helping strangers out was a white thing.

As Fred Rogers once said, "Look for the helpers." Amid the destruction Friday night in Graves and Marshall counties, people throughout the region are stepping up to help.

"So we have the tools to get out here and help, and so today we didn't have anything going on, didn't have any jobs, so some just came out to see if we could just help out," said Lynch.

Some posters on USMB were saying that people helping strangers out was a white thing.

Ok, I'll take the bait. Sure, just as much as helping themselves to other people's stuff is a Black thing. :laughing0301:

Ah, the left. Whenever there isn't enough racism for them, they make some up.

I think it’s more a people thing. Some people are drawn to help others in disasters, others wait for big brother to help. I don’t think race enters into it.

I think it’s more a people thing. Some people are drawn to help others in disasters, others wait for big brother to help. I don’t think race enters into it.

People in the country tend to be more helpful. They show up to sandbag a flooding river. They show up to plow your fields if you broke a leg.

I don't think it's a race thing.

Forum List

Back