Navy is fed up with ballistic missile defense patrols

Hey dumbass, your first article is over a decade old. Didn't anyone ever teach you how to read?

The second article calls the USS Ronald Reagan a cruiser, and the Reagan has been homeported in Japan for 3 years now. That claim is 13 years old.
Yeah so....we've still haven't replaced carrier asw and seems we can't even sail our ships proficiently which then leads to question how well can we fight them. For being on so many many mil sites you seem real uninformed and unimaginative.

You display only a laymen's understanding of ASW which is based on reading crap articles like you linked.

Have a nice day rookie!

You display same attitude that led to Pearl Harbor.....that'll never happen...rrtiiighhhht........ complacency and arrogance....fight doesn't always go to the best equipment......and lot more modern subs prowling high seas then during cold war.....yeah nobody can sink us.....I wouldn't let you anywhere near command with that dumbass attitude.

You display same attitude that led to Pearl Harbor.....that'll never happen...rrtiiighhhht........ complacency and arrogance....fight doesn't always go to the best equipment......and lot more modern subs prowling high seas then during cold war.....yeah nobody can sink us.....I wouldn't let you anywhere near command with that dumbass attitude.

Really? There are more subs than during the Cold War? I think you will find that almost every major naval force has reduced their sub fleets. That just one more thing you don't know.

Run a carrier at speed for flight ops and no diesel sub can keep up. This topic is a lot more complicated than you realize. That's why I went to ASW school for about 5 weeks.

China alone has filled the gap ....duh
Yeah funny they still popped up next to it....funny that you aren't always running flight ops and we were talking sinking one Aegis which you put right up there with every other unsinkable ship.....that all sank.....

More bullshit?

China has relatively few nuclear submarines. Most of their subs are diesel-electric submarines that do not operate outside littoral areas.

You do know how diesel subs remain quiet by running on batteries, but when running on their diesel engines, they can be tracked half an ocean away. They are also highly susceptible to active sonars, which we cannot use in peacetime because the eco-Nazis will scream about sea creatures being hurt.

I appreciate your concern, but you do not have the background or information to make a true assessment of their capabilities.

Yeah funny they still popped up next to it....funny that you aren't always running flight ops and we were talking sinking one Aegis which you put right up there with every other unsinkable ship.....that all sank.....

You have gone to quoting your own posts now? A bit presumptuous having a conversation with yourself, don't you think?

More bullshit?

China has relatively few nuclear submarines. Most of their subs are diesel-electric submarines that do not operate outside littoral areas.

You do know how diesel subs remain quiet by running on batteries, but when running on their diesel engines, they can be tracked half an ocean away. They are also highly susceptible to active sonars, which we cannot use in peacetime because the eco-Nazis will scream about sea creatures being hurt.

I appreciate your concern, but you do not have the background or information to make a true assessment of their capabilities.[/QUOTE
Be

More bullshit?

I appreciate your concern, but you do not have the background or information to make a true assessment of their capabilities.
Keep up the pompous ignorant proclamations....llmmmaaoooo......btw the statements you claim not to have read contained many from US service people .......probably inconvenient truths in there eh......course they don't know anything compared to you.....

More bullshit?

I appreciate your concern, but you do not have the background or information to make a true assessment of their capabilities.[/QUOTE
Be

More bullshit?

Keep up the pompous ignorant proclamations....llmmmaaoooo......btw the statements you claim not to have read contained many from US service people .......probably inconvenient truths in there eh......course they don't know anything compared to you.....

Do you honestly think that people would make comments about classified information on a public website?

You don't know what you don't know. That is the problem.

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson said in no uncertain terms on June 12 that he wants the Navy off the tether of ballistic missile defense patrols, a mission that has put a growing strain on the Navy’s hard-worn surface combatants, and the duty shifted towards more shore-based infrastructure.

“Right now, as we speak, I have six multi-mission, very sophisticated, dynamic cruisers and destroyers ― six of them are on ballistic missile defense duty at sea,” Richardson said during his address at the U.S. Naval War College’s Current Strategy Forum. “And if you know a little bit about this business you know that geometry is a tyrant.

The US Navy is fed up with ballistic missile defense patrols

Makes sense...Japan moving to Aegis ashore systems and probably more economical in long run
The Navy will stop when they are damn well ready until then they signed the contract, they can pull the duty...

More bullshit?

Be

More bullshit?

Do you honestly think that people would make comments about classified information on a public website?

You don't know what you don't know. That is the problem.
I do know the Navy doesn't eat navy beans...

By yo
Classified......you didn't read em .........

That's classified and you don't have a need to know anyway.
By your own admission you didn't read em.... .how bout addressing what the Navy said eh or are they idiots too

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I did go back and read them. As expected, you can't read for content. The comments were all about our submarines capabilities, not those of the opposition.

I know our submarine capabilities. I was a rare breed in the Navy as I wore submarine dolphins and a surface warfare insignia. What submarine did you serve on, slick?

You display only a laymen's understanding of ASW which is based on reading crap articles like you linked.

Have a nice day rookie!
You should see MoronOnTheStreet in fighter threads, he believes any plane that flies higher and faster wins.

Almost every AA kill in modern era being at transonic speeds and medium altitude have no influence on his faulty reasoning, he just keeps chanting the same ignorant thing. He also believes planes always can fly around at their max speed and max altitude, nah nobody carries big missiles and fuel tanks under the wings.

This is why MoronOnTheStreet is village idiot #2 around here.

The U.S. Navy has been obsolete for 75 years.
Definitely.

When they implemented the first panel based all-aspect 3D search/track/target radar in Aegis it was obsolete. Nevermind almost every other modern warship in the world now uses similar sensor system.

When they started using vertical launch tubes to have a battery that was more flexible, easier to reload, faster to launch, and more reliable than mechanical launchers it was obsolete. Nevermind almost every modern surface combatant now uses similar VLS.

When USS George Washington left port in 1959 with 16 Polaris missiles it completely changed the face of nuclear deterrence. Nevermind any country that can afford SLBMs as part of their nuclear forces now has them.

I could go on and on.... bottom line your post is fucking idiotic.

Forum List

Back