NBA Cancels 2017 All-Star Game In North Carolina Over Anti-LGBT Law

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
The cancellations keep mounting up

Charlotte, NC — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver held a press conference today, announcing that Charlotte, North Carolina will no longer be hosting the 2017 All-Star game due to the state’s recent passing of the anti-LGBT law HB2.

“With this new law in place, Charlotte currently does not have any anti-discrimination protection in place, something that would be vital for a large event such as the All-Star Game,” Silver told reporters. “We are giving the state of North Carolina 30 days to repeal this law or they can expect the 2017 All-Star game to be held elsewhere. I want to make it clear that the NBA will not stand for this type of intolerance and hate.”

http://abcnews.com.co/nba-cancels-all-star-game-in-north-carolina-lgbt-hb2/

th

Who cares?

Who cares all these all stars games with the exception of baseball's have become jokes. The last NBA one was 196 to 173 I have zero interest in watching guys inbound the ball run down the court and dunk uncontested for four quarters.

Good permanently cancel the NBA all star game and the NFL pro bowl for whatever reason you want. The games are worthless.

They could cancel the NBA and I wouldn't care, it's not basketball, college and high school is basketball.

If the NBA is serious they should pull the team out of Charlotte...bet that don't happen. Money talks and BS walks, homos lose

The cancellations keep mounting up

Charlotte, NC — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver held a press conference today, announcing that Charlotte, North Carolina will no longer be hosting the 2017 All-Star game due to the state’s recent passing of the anti-LGBT law HB2.

“With this new law in place, Charlotte currently does not have any anti-discrimination protection in place, something that would be vital for a large event such as the All-Star Game,” Silver told reporters. “We are giving the state of North Carolina 30 days to repeal this law or they can expect the 2017 All-Star game to be held elsewhere. I want to make it clear that the NBA will not stand for this type of intolerance and hate.”

http://abcnews.com.co/nba-cancels-all-star-game-in-north-carolina-lgbt-hb2/

The bad news for America keeps rolling in

-Geaux

One can't deny that this cancellation will have a negative impact on their economy.

The right wingnut comments here show how totally clueless they are about local and regional economics and jobs.

We need a civil war in the worst way. We got so much shit to sort out

-Geaux

Lol, I love that your ignorance thinks that this sort of stuff upsets me. You define hate and ignorance.

You are the last one that should be talking about anyone being ignorant, Twinkle Toes. Your hatred and ignorance is all over this forum....you just don't think we recognize it. Fool

Dude looks like Barney Frank. Can't take him seriously

-Geaux

Lol, I love that your ignorance thinks that this sort of stuff upsets me. You define hate and ignorance.

You are the last one that should be talking about anyone being ignorant, Twinkle Toes. Your hatred and ignorance is all over this forum....you just don't think we recognize it. Fool

Dude looks like Barney Frank. Can't take him seriously

-Geaux

I am sure he loses sleep every night over it...

Charlotte warns that several conventions have cancelled over statewide anti-LGBT law

Civilisation fights back.

89,000 empty rooms.

Hate costs apparently.

Kinda sucks for Charlotte. As they passed laws to protect LGBT folks from this exact discrimination. And conservatives with their fake focus on 'local control'......overrode them and forbid the local governments from making any such laws.
I get that. Who actually voted for these laws ? Were they in a manifesto that people could back or were they sneaked in later ?

Oh my, that one was a lame nasty come back, you are losing it gurl...

Run along, runt. You're just annoying, not clever, not funny, not informed....just annoying. Here ya thought you were all special

Ahem...

Forum List

Back