NBA Cancels 2017 All-Star Game In North Carolina Over Anti-LGBT Law

The cancellations keep mounting up

Charlotte, NC — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver held a press conference today, announcing that Charlotte, North Carolina will no longer be hosting the 2017 All-Star game due to the state’s recent passing of the anti-LGBT law HB2.

“With this new law in place, Charlotte currently does not have any anti-discrimination protection in place, something that would be vital for a large event such as the All-Star Game,” Silver told reporters. “We are giving the state of North Carolina 30 days to repeal this law or they can expect the 2017 All-Star game to be held elsewhere. I want to make it clear that the NBA will not stand for this type of intolerance and hate.”

http://abcnews.com.co/nba-cancels-all-star-game-in-north-carolina-lgbt-hb2/
good on them

The Boss cancelled a concert there recently as well for the same reason

Which makes him a hater of women's privacy issues and likely weak supporters of Roe V Wade, which is supposedly based on the same principle

The NBA and Bruce Springsteen as well as the other companies that boycott this state are now considered the enemies of my female family members and will not get another dime from me.

I better watch an NBA game quick, they're likely to fold up now.

What money did you spend on the NBA? Other than watching the games which are free, do you buy sweatshirts or NBA mugs?

I see you refused to acknowledged the NBAs hatred of womens privacy issues

How quaint.

Yes I am quaint, aren't I.

The cancellations keep mounting up

Charlotte, NC — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver held a press conference today, announcing that Charlotte, North Carolina will no longer be hosting the 2017 All-Star game due to the state’s recent passing of the anti-LGBT law HB2.

“With this new law in place, Charlotte currently does not have any anti-discrimination protection in place, something that would be vital for a large event such as the All-Star Game,” Silver told reporters. “We are giving the state of North Carolina 30 days to repeal this law or they can expect the 2017 All-Star game to be held elsewhere. I want to make it clear that the NBA will not stand for this type of intolerance and hate.”

http://abcnews.com.co/nba-cancels-all-star-game-in-north-carolina-lgbt-hb2/
good on them

The Boss cancelled a concert there recently as well for the same reason

Which makes him a hater of women's privacy issues and likely weak supporters of Roe V Wade, which is supposedly based on the same principle

The NBA and Bruce Springsteen as well as the other companies that boycott this state are now considered the enemies of my female family members and will not get another dime from me.

I better watch an NBA game quick, they're likely to fold up now.

What money did you spend on the NBA? Other than watching the games which are free, do you buy sweatshirts or NBA mugs?

I see you refused to acknowledged the NBAs hatred of womens privacy issues

How quaint.

Yes I am quaint, aren't I.

Total number of women on NBA Rosters = Zero

Total number of men the NBA wants in women's restroom = unlimited

Priceless

Forum List

Back