NBA Cancels 2017 All-Star Game In North Carolina Over Anti-LGBT Law

Last edited:
The cancellations keep mounting up

Charlotte, NC — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver held a press conference today, announcing that Charlotte, North Carolina will no longer be hosting the 2017 All-Star game due to the state’s recent passing of the anti-LGBT law HB2.

“With this new law in place, Charlotte currently does not have any anti-discrimination protection in place, something that would be vital for a large event such as the All-Star Game,” Silver told reporters. “We are giving the state of North Carolina 30 days to repeal this law or they can expect the 2017 All-Star game to be held elsewhere. I want to make it clear that the NBA will not stand for this type of intolerance and hate.”

http://abcnews.com.co/nba-cancels-all-star-game-in-north-carolina-lgbt-hb2/

YES!
and the belt tightens

Who cares all these all stars games with the exception of baseball's have become jokes. The last NBA one was 196 to 173 I have zero interest in watching guys inbound the ball run down the court and dunk uncontested for four quarters.

I do care............... Just think of the lost income that people depends on this kind gatherings. Just imagine if that is your job. Trust me this is just the start.

Lol, I love that your ignorance thinks that this sort of stuff upsets me. You define hate and ignorance.

You are the last one that should be talking about anyone being ignorant, Twinkle Toes. Your hatred and ignorance is all over this forum....you just don't think we recognize it. Fool

How can you sleep in your car at night?

Who cares all these all stars games with the exception of baseball's have become jokes. The last NBA one was 196 to 173 I have zero interest in watching guys inbound the ball run down the court and dunk uncontested for four quarters.

I do care............... Just think of the lost income that people depends on this kind gatherings. Just imagine if that is your job. Trust me this is just the start.
It's one weekend a year I seriously doubt that is going to have any long term effect on peoples income or jobs.

It's one weekend a year I seriously doubt that is going to have any long term effect on peoples income or jobs.

I can assure you this is just the start.......

The cancellations keep mounting up

Charlotte, NC — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver held a press conference today, announcing that Charlotte, North Carolina will no longer be hosting the 2017 All-Star game due to the state’s recent passing of the anti-LGBT law HB2.

“With this new law in place, Charlotte currently does not have any anti-discrimination protection in place, something that would be vital for a large event such as the All-Star Game,” Silver told reporters. “We are giving the state of North Carolina 30 days to repeal this law or they can expect the 2017 All-Star game to be held elsewhere. I want to make it clear that the NBA will not stand for this type of intolerance and hate.”

http://abcnews.com.co/nba-cancels-all-star-game-in-north-carolina-lgbt-hb2/
Now the usual suspects will come in and call the NBA gay. :lol:

Tell what Twink, put your chiffon gown on and sashay into a restroom our daughters are in....you'll soon find out what medieval is. Bank it
Your kids are already abused through living with a bigot like you. I pray for them.

Careful...you can't abuse my children in a comment...do it again and you're reported. Your only warning, Twink
You brought them into it you nazi slag.

What a charmer you are, calling women "slags" again....you display a contempt for women, why aren't we surprised.
Many gays hate women.
You and those who agreed with you should tell us all about your expertise in that regard.

I can assure you this is just the start.......
Be careful what you assure it starts with the same first three letters as assume and you know what they say about people who assume.

Only intolerance and hate i see in america is affirmative action, the govt mandated persecution of white males and the biggest hate crime in america.

All businesses should pull out of NC and see what happens to these racist assholes.

It is stupid like this which makes having any type of reasonable conversation moot.

Point One: NC did not throw out equality rights, they are taking a different approach to public restroom access. I know being a drama llama is exciting, but hardly reality.

Point Two: The liberal left is counting on Big Business to support them. You know, those people they rail against constantly and redistribute their profits and income? Anybody see a long term issue there?

Point Three: The idea of placing the rights of one group above another is one of the highest forms of hate our government can wield. It can only do that if a large number of Americans display that hate. The left is showing normal Americans outright contempt.

You are the last one that should be talking about anyone being ignorant, Twinkle Toes. Your hatred and ignorance is all over this forum....you just don't think we recognize it. Fool
Oh my, that one was a lame nasty come back, you are losing it gurl...
She isnt at the cutting edge of abuse.....................................or anything really.

You're not even an American...this doesn't concern you anyway. ooooof right in the breadbasket

"You're not even an American...this doesn't concern you anyway. ooooof right in the breadbasket"

He also likes to dictate what my government can or cannot do either....so a Welsh fool, interfering with American and also Austrian issues.

Amazing.
Austrians need advice. too much nazi love for the good of the nation.

Yes but not from a bigot, such as yourself. You need to learn tolerance for others and their opinions. No matter how much you disagree with them.

Only intolerance and hate i see in america is affirmative action, the govt mandated persecution of white males and the biggest hate crime in america.

All businesses should pull out of NC and see what happens to these racist assholes.

Racist? What in the law was racist?

There they go again. the other day I was called a racist over Muslims and now racist is being used for homos? These people need to learn what a race is and the proper use of the word racist. It's become a knee jerk word for them

Yes but not from a bigot, such as yourself. You need to learn tolerance for others and their opinions. No matter how much you disagree with them.

You would be wrong buddy. Pussboy has his run of the place without consequences. Not challenging anyone on that, just looking at his history.

Of all the major sports All Star games NBA's sucks the most.........no effort at defense at all basically just a shoot around

Of all the major sports All Star games NBA's sucks the most.........no effort at defense at all basically just a shoot around

Tough to say which all star games sucks the most. They are all pretty bad. I haven't watched any leagues all star games in many many years.

That said, the financial loss to Charlotte is going to be big.

Since North Carolina has already lost the All Star game, not much incentive now to change.

Forum List

Back