🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NBA playoffs thread

Didn't you want to see Karl Malone and Stockton win one against MJ? I did. But today it is kind of cool to say I watched the greatest of all time.

I'm rooting against Lebron but I still acknowledge he's the greatest player in the NBA.

LOL. I dont usually get involved emotionally but if there are 2 players I did not want to win a ring it was Stockton and Malone. While I generally appreciated Stocktons game, he was dirty. I couldn't stand Malone for the same reasons but since he was so big I didn't see the need for him to be dirty. That made it worse than the things Stockton did. Out of all the reasons, MJ beating Utah ranks at the top of my reasons why I think he is the GOAT.

When its said and done Lebron is always going to be second best to MJ. You cant script what MJ did. Its not just what he did, its how he did it. He was an underdog that over achieved and beat everyone else. You cant beat a story like MJ's especially if you heralded as a basketball deity even before you hit the league. Think about it. A guy that was cut from his HS team and didnt even go first in the draft vs a guy that was a sure fire #1 pick the day he graduated from HS.

Very true. MJ was mentally a much better athlete. He willed himself 6 championships. Lebron had to go team up with Bosh and Wade. Lebron is no doubt the best athlete in the NBA today and physically he may be a better athlete than MJ but MJ is the best because of his heart and mind.

Duncan may be one of the greatest power forwards of all time. It doesn't seem that way when you watch him play but look at his results. I hope he wins one more ring. I can't believe the Spurs are still beating the younger teams like OKC. Poor Durant. He needs one more stud on his team. Maybe if Harden didn't leave to go play with that loser

I give MJ the mental edge but he also teamed up with Pippen, Horace Grant, Kukoc, and Rodman. He and Pippen were both HOFers so he did not do it by himself. Cleveland didn't get anyone for Lebron to play with. What loser did Harden leave to go play with? jeremy Lin?

LOL. I dont usually get involved emotionally but if there are 2 players I did not want to win a ring it was Stockton and Malone. While I generally appreciated Stocktons game, he was dirty. I couldn't stand Malone for the same reasons but since he was so big I didn't see the need for him to be dirty. That made it worse than the things Stockton did. Out of all the reasons, MJ beating Utah ranks at the top of my reasons why I think he is the GOAT.

When its said and done Lebron is always going to be second best to MJ. You cant script what MJ did. Its not just what he did, its how he did it. He was an underdog that over achieved and beat everyone else. You cant beat a story like MJ's especially if you heralded as a basketball deity even before you hit the league. Think about it. A guy that was cut from his HS team and didnt even go first in the draft vs a guy that was a sure fire #1 pick the day he graduated from HS.

Very true. MJ was mentally a much better athlete. He willed himself 6 championships. Lebron had to go team up with Bosh and Wade. Lebron is no doubt the best athlete in the NBA today and physically he may be a better athlete than MJ but MJ is the best because of his heart and mind.

Duncan may be one of the greatest power forwards of all time. It doesn't seem that way when you watch him play but look at his results. I hope he wins one more ring. I can't believe the Spurs are still beating the younger teams like OKC. Poor Durant. He needs one more stud on his team. Maybe if Harden didn't leave to go play with that loser

I give MJ the mental edge but he also teamed up with Pippen, Horace Grant, Kukoc, and Rodman. He and Pippen were both HOFers so he did not do it by himself. Cleveland didn't get anyone for Lebron to play with. What loser did Harden leave to go play with? jeremy Lin?

He probably talking about Dwight Howard. Nobody likes that guy.

I agree that Jordan is the GOAT, but Kobe > Lebron

Wow! I disagree. Kobe was great, even the greatest of his era but I don't think he is better than Lebron. And I was going to say he needed Shaq but then he did it again twice with Gasol. I guess Kobe, in retrospect, was pretty damn good.

Kobe wasn't even the MVP of the finals in 2000, 2001 or 2002. Shaq was.

MJ didn't have all those guys all 6 years. If the Bulls lost someone they just picked up another role player to fill that void.

Is Horace Grant or Kukoc in the HOF? If not then you can't say it isn't fair that he had them on his team. Did you expect him to not have decent players and still win? And I know he didn't have Rodman all 6 years.

Harden left to go to Houston, probably for the money. What loser does he play with now? Dwight Howard. That guy is poison to a team.

P.S. I forgot this but one of the years either 2009 or 2010 Kobe and Shaq beat Dwight and his Orlando team in the NBA finals. I didn't remember that Dwight went to the finals ever. I doubt he'll ever go again, the fucking loser. LOL. Ever since he through Van Gundy under the bus I have hated him. And we (the Pistons) now have him as our coach so I should be thanking Dwight.

Wow! I disagree. Kobe was great, even the greatest of his era but I don't think he is better than Lebron. And I was going to say he needed Shaq but then he did it again twice with Gasol. I guess Kobe, in retrospect, was pretty damn good.

I look at it like this Shaq was the most dominant player at the time, while Kobe was the most skilled all around player. In terms of Kobe and Lebron, I would give the edge to Kobe because he has better and more all around skills than Lebron and was more of a prolific scorer, I mean the man scored 81 points in a game. One thing lebron, IMO, does better than Kobe is pass, but Kobe has always had the better post game, jump shot, more moves, better free throw shooter. IMO Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan we've seen.

MJ didn't have all those guys all 6 years. If the Bulls lost someone they just picked up another role player to fill that void.

Is Horace Grant or Kukoc in the HOF? If not then you can't say it isn't fair that he had them on his team. Did you expect him to not have decent players and still win? And I know he didn't have Rodman all 6 years.

Harden left to go to Houston, probably for the money. What loser does he play with now? Dwight Howard. That guy is poison to a team.

P.S. I forgot this but one of the years either 2009 or 2010 Kobe and Shaq beat Dwight and his Orlando team in the NBA finals. I didn't remember that Dwight went to the finals ever. I doubt he'll ever go again, the fucking loser. LOL. Ever since he through Van Gundy under the bus I have hated him. And we (the Pistons) now have him as our coach so I should be thanking Dwight.

Yeah MJ did have those guys all 6 years. it was always he and Pippen with another very good player. Lebron never had a side kick until he went to the Heat. Bosh is not going to be a HOFer. He never was going to be. Harden went to Houston before Howard did.

Greater at what?

Basketball.

Another reason why I think Kobe has been the better player is lebron defers to his teammates waaaaaaay to much at the end of ball games whereas Kobe and MJ used to almost always try to take game in their hands and take the last shot.

Greater at what?

Basketball.

Another reason why I think Kobe has been the better player is lebron defers to his teammates waaaaaaay to much at the end of ball games whereas Kobe and MJ used to almost always try to take game in their hands and take the last shot.

Taking the game into your own hands is not the same as taking the last shot. You should have the ball in your hands to make the best play possible for your team. If your teammate has a better shot you pass it. Thats why MJ won so many rings. He knew when to pass it and he knew when he had the best shot. Kobe takes some ridiculous shots and thats why he is the worst clutch time performer among MJ, Lebron and himself. If we are talking about being the greatest at taking the toughest shots then Kobe wins hands down. If we are talking about clutch performances Lebron beats Kobe on top of being the better passer.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1649232-lebron-james-heat-star-statistically-most-clutch-player-since-nba-debut

Last edited:

I look at it like this Shaq was the most dominant player at the time, while Kobe was the most skilled all around player. In terms of Kobe and Lebron, I would give the edge to Kobe because he has better and more all around skills than Lebron and was more of a prolific scorer, I mean the man scored 81 points in a game. One thing lebron, IMO, does better than Kobe is pass, but Kobe has always had the better post game, jump shot, more moves, better free throw shooter. IMO Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan we've seen.

Being the closest to Jordan in terms of style of play doesn't make him better than Lebron. It just means he copied Jordans moves better than anyone else. The thing that stands out to me is Kobe had the most dominant center of of the era on his team for 3 championships and Kobe was not the #1 option. He also had the same coach for all 5 of his championships. Lebron has always been the #1 option regardless of where he was at when he won his rings and he has Kobe beat in league MVP's and tied in Finals MVP's.

Last edited:
So will Lebron come back with a vengeance tonight or will the Spurs take game two and put the pressure on "The King"?

How could anybody "hate" Lebron? He is a fantastic player, a good team player, and has done incredibly well with all the hype that has followed him around throughout his professional career - particularly considering that he jumped directly from HS to the NBA.

People who are fans of other teams may be unhappy with his success (relative to their own favorite team), but to "hate" him is a little bit perverse.

How could anybody "hate" Lebron? He is a fantastic player, a good team player, and has done incredibly well with all the hype that has followed him around throughout his professional career - particularly considering that he jumped directly from HS to the NBA.

People who are fans of other teams may be unhappy with his success (relative to their own favorite team), but to "hate" him is a little bit perverse.

How can you hate a guy who calls himself "The King". That would be ridiculous. The Spurs blew it. The Heat will win their third straight championship.

May as well watch NASCAR now.

Yea I don't hate Lebron. I root against him like I did Jordan. But listen to me today. I sing Jordan's praises. I am glad I got to see him play.

But I hate the Heat. Hate is too harsh of a word but you know what I mean. When that Heat player elbowed Tony Parker last night I said, "these cheap shot dirty Heat players don't deserve to win a championship". I was sure they would lose after that, and then the fucking Spurs miss 4 free throws in a fucking row and Lebron comes down and hits a 3. That's a 7 point fucking swing! God Damn! Now the fucking heat are going to win another championship. I truly believe the Spurs needed to win that game last night.

I just about shit when Lebron made 2 3's and a 2 in like a minute.

But then he wasn't that guy in the 4th period. He can/could be so easily be beat if his opponents would just do it! The Spurs blew it when they missed 4 free throws in a row. Handed them the win. Last year I believe Leonard choked and last night I think everything changed when Chalmers elbowed Parker. BULLIES!

But years from now I'll admit how bad ass is team is. Forget Bosh, Allen, Wade and Lebron. What about the Birdman, Battier, Beasley, Chalmers and last night I couldn't beleive they have Rashard Lewis too? He used to be good! So they have a lot of role players.

OMG I just saw Miami has Greg Oden? If he has any chance of coming back 100%, that might prove to be a good gamble. Wasn't he a number one pick and got hurt immediately?

P.S. Duncan has the most playoff double doubles? He's one of the greatest power forwards of all time. I'll say he is the greatest if he beats Lebron this year. Come on Tim!

He is the closest you've seen. Lebron is/should/probably will be better than Kobe when it is already said and done. Might even already be so. I love Kobe too and no Lebron has not matched his winning yet, but you gotta admit that Kobe wasn't even the MVP of his first three finals. Was Lebron the MVP the last two years?

I can see arguments for James and I can see good arguments for Kobe, but since everyone is already talking about James vs Jordan, it's hard to say Kobe>James when Kobe aint > Jordan. I think some can make a good argument that James is the total package physically. And did you see him score at will last night? If he wanted to be a ball hog like Kobe he could score 81 too. BFD. That's actually fucked up. How would you like to play with Kobe? It would suck. Now how would you like to play with James? He's a team player. But Kobe is more of a competitor. Like I said, I could argue this with myself all day remembering things about Kobe and James. Sorry, I wouldn't even put Kobe above Magic. Do you? What about Larry Bird? Would Kobe beat Larry? IDK:eusa_whistle:

Being the closest to Jordan in terms of style of play doesn't make him better than Lebron. It just means he copied Jordans moves better than anyone else. The thing that stands out to me is Kobe had the most dominant center of of the era on his team for 3 championships and Kobe was not the #1 option. He also had the same coach for all 5 of his championships. Lebron has always been the #1 option regardless of where he was at when he won his rings and he has Kobe beat in league MVP's and tied in Finals MVP's.

Yup. I wonder if these things bother Kobe. You know he wants one more ring.

Yeah MJ did have those guys all 6 years. it was always he and Pippen with another very good player. Lebron never had a side kick until he went to the Heat. Bosh is not going to be a HOFer. He never was going to be. Harden went to Houston before Howard did.

He did not have Rodman all 6 years. Who else has 6 rings all with Jordan?

Listen, they all need to have good supporting players. Shaq needed Wade. Kobe needed Shaq. He actually impressed me a lot by winning 2 without Shaq. But I can not believe he and Shaq didn't win more. That takes Kobe down a peg or two in my book. Too selfish and fighting with Shaq rather than just winning. Little bitch. B-.

Sure Jordan had Pippen, but look at when Pippen went to Portland and he had all that firepower, he didn't win shit. He even had my man Sheed Wallace. And he lost to THE LAKERS? Fuck Pippen. I mean he good and all but that's all Jordan really had except the one year he had Rodman too. Other than that Jordan had role players. Did he need Pippen? Sure, but don't act like he had the most dominating Center in the league like Kobe did, and Kobe had a hard time "playing" with other people. Fuck Kobe now that I think about it. LOL. He good too, but it's Jordan 1 and Lebron 2.

I put Kobe below Magic and Larry Bird now that you got me thinking about it. B+ or A- where Lebron is an A and Jordan is a A+.

What if Kobe comes back next year and wins another championship? That's what it'll take to change my opinion.

Yup. I wonder if these things bother Kobe. You know he wants one more ring.

Lakers are done. Kobe has all the rings he will get.

Forum List

Back