NBA Season Thread

I'd take MJ for best player all-time.

No offense to Wilt, I think he was a great player for his time.
Did you see the video?

Did you hear some of the greatest players and experts of the NBA, saying how Wilt would compare with today's players?

I watched the video, and I believe that MJ is the greatest basketball player.

I'd take MJ for best player all-time.

No offense to Wilt, I think he was a great player for his time.
Did you see the video?

Did you hear some of the greatest players and experts of the NBA, saying how Wilt would compare with today's players?

Same here. MJ had the passion and the drive behind the best & most elite skill-set, and not the biggest body on the court.

Did you see the video?

Same here. MJ had the passion and the drive behind the best & most elite skill-set, and not the biggest body on the court.

MJ played with a chip on his shoulder and if he didn't? He sure played like he did.

Chamberlin was a big guy and was a great player, he was amazing however he was ahead of his time. Today he would be the best center in the NBA but not the best player.

MJ played with a chip on his shoulder and if he didn't? He sure played like he did.

Chamberlin was a big guy and was a great player, he was amazing however he was ahead of his time. Today he would be the best center in the NBA but not the best player.

He's not better than Russell, Olajuwan - but he's in the top 5 centers imo.

Chamberlain was (and still is), the strongest player the NBA has ever seen.

And strongest players on the court, usually can do anything they want.

Ergo, Wilt would do everything he did then, now.

Wilt still has records no one has come close to breaking.

Chamberlain was (and still is), the strongest player the NBA has ever seen.

And strongest players on the court, usually can do anything they want.

Ergo, Wilt would do everything he did then, now.

Wilt still has records no one has come close to breaking.

Your "Ergo" is merely speculative. Players were much smaller and weaker back when he played, "ergo" it can be surmised that he could NOT play the same.

Also - he was notorious for not getting back on defense. We now have the 3 seconds violation, etc.

Your "Ergo" is merely speculative. Players were much smaller and weaker back when he played, "ergo" it can be surmised that he could NOT play the same.

Also - he was notorious for not getting back on defense. We now have the 3 seconds violation, etc.
Not getting back on defense?

The guy was a former track star.

If he didn't get back on defense, then how did he block 26 shots in one game?

Not getting back on defense?

The guy was a former track star.

If he didn't get back on defense, then how did he block 26 shots in one game?

I guess you haven't look too deeply into his bio.

Do you know how much bigger he was than everyone else?

He was 7 foot 2, 285 pounds.

The average center of his day was 6 foot 7, which is a GUARD in today's game.

You just said he didn't get back on defense!

You don't block shots at the offensive end.

He was big, but his arms weren't 90 feet long.

Let me tell you this, I've forgotten more about Wilt than you even know about the man.

You just said he didn't get back on defense!

You don't block shots at the offensive end.

He was big, but his arms weren't 90 feet long.

Let me tell you this, I've forgotten more about Wilt than you even know about the man.

If you've forgotten more than I'll ever know, then you wouldn't say something as simple-minded as he'd have the same stats/dominance today as he had back then KNOWING he played against all guys who would be considered MIDGET centers in today's league. And that's just the centers!

And yea, he had games where he played defense. He was still notorious for camping on offense. That's why the 3 seconds violation is relevant.

I would rate Jabbar, Olajuwan, Chamberlin and the Russell. Just my opinion.

Jabbar had a shot that could not be stopped, good court sense, a great rebounder and the BS that he was soft on defense was just that BS.

Olajuwan was a beast, I loved watching him play.

Chamberlin the same as Olajuwan.

Then Russell, probably the best defensive center, but offense was not a forte.

If you've forgotten more than I'll ever know, then you wouldn't say something as simple-minded as he'd have the same stats/dominance today as he had back then KNOWING he played against all guys who would be considered MIDGET centers in today's league. And that's just the centers!
Walt Bellemy, Willis Reed, Bill Russell, Nate Thurmond and Tom Boerwinkle were not midgets.

And there were less teams than there are now. You got a lot of people playing today, that wouldn't of made it in the NBA back then.

And yea, he had games where he played defense. He was still notorious for camping on offense. That's why the 3 seconds violation is relevant.

He's the reason, they widened the lane.

I would rate Jabbar, Olajuwan, Chamberlin and the Russell. Just my opinion.

Jabbar had a shot that could not be stopped, good court sense, a great rebounder and the BS that he was soft on defense was just that BS.

Olajuwan was a beast, I loved watching him play.

Chamberlin the same as Olajuwan.

Then Russell, probably the best defensive center, but offense was not a forte.

You have Chamberlain over Russell, who made it to 12 finals' and won 11 rings? That's ludicrous.

Walt Bellemy, Willis Reed, Bill Russell, Nate Thurmond and Tom Boerwinkle were not midgets.

And there were less teams than there are now. You got a lot of people playing today, that wouldn't of made it in the NBA back then.

He's the reason, they widened the lane.

The AVERAGE Center in the NBA during Wilt's era was 6 foot 7.

6 foot 7.

Jordan is 6 foot 6.

It's laughable to think his stats would even be close in today's league. Let alone even in the 80's.

I do have Wilt in the top 20 players of all time. Top ten might be generous, in my mind.

The AVERAGE Center in the NBA during Wilt's era was 6 foot 7.

6 foot 7.
All those people I mentioned, were not 6'-7".

Jordan is 6 foot 6.

It's laughable to think his stats would even be close in today's league. Let alone even in the 80's.
Jordan comes into the key against Wilt. What do you think is going to happen?

Jordan gets the word "Wilson" tattooed on his forehead.

Wilt comes into the key against Jordan. What do you think is going to happen?

Jordan gets the word "Wilson" tattooed on his forehead.

Forum List

Back