Neat Way To Help The Nation

Guilt tipping? I'm sure they'll take all they can get gladly..

Wow!

A Korean publication!!!!
Yeah, seems one has to go overseas to publish anything critical of Trump these days :sigh2:
What a ridiculous thing to say.
And they say conservatives have no sense of humor.
No one says that.

The closest thing to that is the Feminist motto "That's not funny!"
Yeah, they do:

Conservatives lack sense of humor, study finds
Do conservatives have a measurably lower sense of humor?
Posted May 05, 2009

I have always thought that conservatives have a much less developed sense of humor than liberals. While it is easy to list a large number of liberal-leaning comedians, for instance, it is hard to come up with more than a handful of conservative ones (and even they, like Dennis Miller, are better characterized as libertarians). This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn. Attacking the rich and powerful, on the other hand, is an all time favorite and explains the success of the likes of Jon Stewart.

Then again, in my more sober moments I keep thinking that this can’t be right, and that surely it is simply my bias as a Daily Show regular watcher and leftist coming through loud and clear. Apparently, however, science backs up my admittedly less than neutral political intuition. A recent study published by Heather L. LaMarre, Kristen D. Landreville and Michael A. Beam of Ohio State University in the International Journal of Press/Politics examined how audiences of different political persuasions react to jokes made by Stephen Colbert. The results are quite astounding.

The authors used a respectable sample of 332 individuals, and found that personal political ideology is a good predictor of Colbert’s own political ideology. Here is the kicker: “conservatives were more likely to report that Colbert only pretends to be joking and genuinely meant what he said while liberals were more likely to report that Colbert used satire and was not serious when offering political statements. Conservatism also significantly predicted perceptions that Colbert disliked liberalism.” See? Conservative really do lack a sense of humor!

What a load of garbage. Conservatives aren't the ones shouting down comedians and making colleges unpalatable for comedy shows.

That would be you progressives.

The most anti humor trolls the world has ever seen.

He's the poster boy for my rule #2 of politics....

Rule #2
To know what the Left is guilty of, just watch what they blame the other side of doing.

2a. If not for double standards Liberals would have no standards at all.
I take back what I said about conservatives not having a sense of humor because, coming from you, that post is hilarious.

Wow!

A Korean publication!!!!
Yeah, seems one has to go overseas to publish anything critical of Trump these days :sigh2:
No one says that.

Yeah, they do:

Posted May 05, 2009

I have always thought that conservatives have a much less developed sense of humor than liberals. While it is easy to list a large number of liberal-leaning comedians, for instance, it is hard to come up with more than a handful of conservative ones (and even they, like Dennis Miller, are better characterized as libertarians). This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn. Attacking the rich and powerful, on the other hand, is an all time favorite and explains the success of the likes of Jon Stewart.

Then again, in my more sober moments I keep thinking that this can’t be right, and that surely it is simply my bias as a Daily Show regular watcher and leftist coming through loud and clear. Apparently, however, science backs up my admittedly less than neutral political intuition. A recent study published by Heather L. LaMarre, Kristen D. Landreville and Michael A. Beam of Ohio State University in the International Journal of Press/Politics examined how audiences of different political persuasions react to jokes made by Stephen Colbert. The results are quite astounding.

The authors used a respectable sample of 332 individuals, and found that personal political ideology is a good predictor of Colbert’s own political ideology. Here is the kicker: “conservatives were more likely to report that Colbert only pretends to be joking and genuinely meant what he said while liberals were more likely to report that Colbert used satire and was not serious when offering political statements. Conservatism also significantly predicted perceptions that Colbert disliked liberalism.” See? Conservative really do lack a sense of humor!

What a load of garbage. Conservatives aren't the ones shouting down comedians and making colleges unpalatable for comedy shows.

Rule #2
To know what the Left is guilty of, just watch what they blame the other side of doing.

I take back what I said about conservatives not having a sense of humor because, coming from you, that post is hilarious.

Maybe I'll consider taking back the высшая мера.

Wow!

A Korean publication!!!!
No one says that.

Yeah, they do:

Posted May 05, 2009

Rule #2

I take back my take-back. That is not funny in any language. However, it is not a surprise to know you speak Russian, explains a lot.

Wow!

A Korean publication!!!!
No one says that.

Yeah, they do:

Posted May 05, 2009

Rule #2

I take back my take-back. That is not funny in any language. However, it is not a surprise to know you speak Russian, explains a lot.

С чего ты взял, что я говорю по-русски?

Forum List

Back