Net Worth of both McCain and Obama

MCain may be out of touch with most of the American working people, but he's still in touch with many of the the American people with serious money.

Really? Why? Who cares? Which elected official at the Fed Government level cannot put 6 digits in front of the decimal point?

None. Their base pay is 6 digits. They are all wealthy on our tax dollars. That McCain and Obama are included in the lot comes as no surprise.

The same way the GOP tries to include people that make $250K with people that make $5million a year is rediculous. The person that makes $250K a year is not rich. If they lose their job, they could lose everything. The person who doesn't have to work another day in their life if they don't want to is rich.

McCain is rich. Obama is not. And if he is, it's the book deal, not his salary. And it certainly isn't from Michelle.

Cindy McCain is a drug addict by the way. And a criminal. I think she stole or broke in to a building to get some drugs, or forged a perscription? I forgot exactly what she did, but it was hanious. :badgrin:

MCain may be out of touch with most of the American working people, but he's still in touch with many of the the American people with serious money.

Let's say we all vote for the guy who has the same amount of houses as we do. Or the closest to.

I have 2 homes. McCain has 8 and Obama has 1. I'll vote for Obama.

The same way the GOP tries to include people that make $250K with people that make $5million a year is rediculous. The person that makes $250K a year is not rich. If they lose their job, they could lose everything. The person who doesn't have to work another day in their life if they don't want to is rich.

McCain is rich. Obama is not. And if he is, it's the book deal, not his salary. And it certainly isn't from Michelle.

Cindy McCain is a drug addict by the way. And a criminal. I think she stole or broke in to a building to get some drugs, or forged a perscription? I forgot exactly what she did, but it was hanious. :badgrin:

she stole them from the the nonprofit medical relief organization she founded. Salon News | How Cindy McCain was outed for drug addiction

...I'm still just reeling from trying to picture a herd of jumping turtles...

So this badly beaten snail slithers into the police station:

"I've just been beaten and robbed by a gang of criminal tortoises" he says.

"Did you get a good look at them?" The sargent at the desks asked?

"No, it all happened so fast!" the snail lamented.

Its not about being rich dumbass, its about being an elitest. Reading comprehension is lost on you guys really... Ive no idea how you conservatives function in society.

Being elitist has nothing to do with money. It has to do with attitude.

I understand this is difficult for you to understand with your "money = bad" mentality. Lots of people with money are elitists because it makes them proud. They aren't elitist because of the money. They are elitist because of their pride, their attitude, their ego.

I hope that wasn't too nuanced for you.

Nice try.. the elitist charge will not stick to this democratic candidate... better go back to god, guns, and gays...

Oh.. btw.. when you dont know how many houses you have. Not even to the point of hazarding a guess, you come acrossed as being just a bit out of touch with the common man.. i.e. elitist..

Yeah cause you just want to ignore the clinging to guns and religion comment.

Nice to see your lack of intellectual integrity.

and...............

and what???? :confused:

... some of you caught my point, but some of you totally missed it!
I do not give a big rats ass about how much money either of them have.

Got it???

There has not been a "working man" that has run for president for centuries. The people that can run for office and can afford it and/or has the charisma to run for the office .... is who we have to chose from!

McCain has the money!
Obama has the Charisma!
May the best man win !!!!

All that we Americans can do is pray that somewhere along the line whichever one that gets elected will have we peon's in the back of their minds, for a change!

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
and what???? :confused:

... some of you caught my point, but some of you totally missed it!
I do not give a big rats ass about how much money either of them have.

Got it???

There has not been a "working man" that has run for president for centuries. The people that can run for office and can afford it and/or has the charisma to run for the office .... is who we have to chose from!

McCain has the money!
Obama has the Charisma!
May the best man win !!!!

All that we Americans can do is pray that somewhere along the line whichever one that gets elected will have we peon's in the back of their minds, for a change!

If I could post in the future like you I would say something about that !

Being elitist has nothing to do with money. It has to do with attitude.

One of the types of elitism is the presumption that those with money are by definition, better people than those who without.

What? Are you going to try to tell us that there aren't people on this board who play that card whenever they can?

Don't be ridiculous. The number one system for determining the elite is having money. What do you think we were born yesterday?

Now of course, elitism can be base on other values. But which value is most predominent in THIS society, ethics?!!

Please don't piss on our heads and call it rain

I understand this is difficult for you to understand with your "money = bad" mentality. Lots of people with money are elitists because it makes them proud. They aren't elitist because of the money. They are elitist because of their pride, their attitude, their ego.

We realize that elism, as most prevalently and obviously practiced in this in this society has EVERYTHING to do with money.

Difficult as it is for you to understand your bullshit does not equal truth, not matter how hard you want to convince us that you had no idea of the truth of the matter.

I hope that wasn't too nuanced for you.

Playing the simplton game, like you're attempting to do here, generally isn't, so don't worry you mendacious little head about it, sport.

I think not. Even CNN is more reliable than the Huffington Post. Check this out:

" Obama's money
Net Worth: $1.3 million

Where he got it

After Harvard Law, Obama didn't exactly rake in the big bucks. He led a voter-registration drive and then worked for a Chicago law firm that specializes in civil rights and employment discrimination.

He earned $60,000 as an Illinois state senator, plus another $32,000 as a lecturer in constitutional law at the University of Chicago.

Michelle Obama, however, worked for a while as a big-firm lawyer, leaving to take jobs in the nonprofit sector. She wound up as vice president for community affairs at the University of Chicago Hospitals, a position that paid nearly $317,000 a year.

She resigned in May and also left her post as lead independent director of Tree House Foods, a private-label food business.

According to the Obamas' tax return (Obama and Sen. Christopher Dodd of Connecticut are the only candidates to release one), their income hit $1.7 million in 2005 and $991,000 in 2006.

The big boost came from his writing, following the stirring speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention that made him famous.

First came a memoir, "Dreams of My Father," and later "The Audacity of Hope," which was on the New York Times bestseller list for 30 weeks.

Where it goes

Excluding Michelle Obama's retirement plan, whose value needn't be reported, the couple has about $715,000 in investments. All the money except for two very large checking accounts is in mutual funds.

About $350,000 is divided between Vanguard FTSE Social Index Fund, a socially responsible fund, and Vanguard Wellesley Income, which has a mix of 60 percent bonds and 40 percent stocks.

How he could do better

The Obamas have about 40 percent of their money in cash - about right for now, says Jason Mirsky of RiskMetrics: "They may need that much cash to tide the family over without Michelle's income."

Later, however, the Obamas should ramp up their stock allocation to about 70 percent. With their earning power, they can take more risk, adding small-cap and international funds.

They could also venture into real estate investment trusts or commodities. They should start 529 college savings plans for their two girls."

source: Millionaires-in-Chief - Obama's money (5) - Money Magazine

...I'm still just reeling from trying to picture a herd of jumping turtles...

Gzzzz! I have to prove everything I post :confused:

1899303-Herd-Of-Turtles-0.jpg

Herd of Turdles - moves about as fast as a 71 year old man running for President.

Nuff said? :eusa_eh:

If I could post in the future like you I would say something about that !

I tried to use my real name when I regisitered ... but thought twice about it.

But you can call me Miss Cleo - if you would like. Thank you verrrrrry much! :doubt:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3ABE3wvxzA]YouTube - Miss Cleo hawking 99 cents-a-minute psychic advice[/ame]

Give me a call! I am BACK in business! :D

First, McCain isn't worth that much. His wife is.

Second, the article completely misses the point: Obama's a hypocrite for whining about the amount of Money McCain has because Obama is rich too!

This is the freaking United States of America. When did living life to the best of your ability and providing for yourself and your family become a bad thing?

To answer your question, it has to do with who people can most relate with. The guy that has seven houses or 1 house. Bush didn't win the popular vote in 2000, because most people wanted Al Gore, he was appointed, by Antonin Scalia, in his opinion. People most recognized with Al Gore.:eusa_whistle:

Obama has billions pulling his strings, his name is George Soros and he is a royal piece of shit.

Forum List

Back