Netflix's stupid "costs too much" focus

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I don't watch much TV and twice now shows that I absolutely adored and thought fantastic were cancelled by Netflix because "they cost too much" to produce.

To me, this is a profoundly stupid decision. They have thousands of crappy money-making offerings, they can afford a slight hit on high quality shows with devoted audiences.

It reminds me of Zappa's analysis that Hippies killed the music business, that artists were much better off with the cigar chomping old guys running the business. The Hippies who eventually took over and thought they knew best stopped taking risks and turned music business staid and narrow focused

Mindhunter, based on true events, chronicles the formation of FBI's Behavior Sciences.

Stumped by a horrific double murder with no clues and no obvious motive, they take up an offer to interview the Co-Ed Killer

images

The actor who portray Ed Kemper, above, makes your hair stand on end. Casually describing in the most graphic details of his nightmare upbringing and associated crimes, he gives the Agents a look into the worldview of a serial killer. At his sentencing, the real Ed asked for the death penalty.

The show, set in the 1970's ended after only 2 season -- due to a stupid shortsighted decision by the bean counters at Netflix

I have another favorite that was cancelled for the same reasons but will wait to see what others here say

I don't watch much TV and twice now shows that I absolutely adored and thought fantastic were cancelled by Netflix because "they cost too much" to produce.

To me, this is a profoundly stupid decision. They have thousands of crappy money-making offerings, they can afford a slight hit on high quality shows with devoted audiences.

It reminds me of Zappa's analysis that Hippies killed the music business, that artists were much better off with the cigar chomping old guys running the business. The Hippies who eventually took over and thought they knew best stopped taking risks and turned music business staid and narrow focused

Mindhunter, based on true events, chronicles the formation of FBI's Behavior Sciences.

Stumped by a horrific double murder with no clues and no obvious motive, they take up an offer to interview the Co-Ed Killer

images

The actor who portray Ed Kemper, above, makes your hair stand on end. Casually describing in the most graphic details of his nightmare upbringing and associated crimes, he gives the Agents a look into the worldview of a serial killer. At his sentencing, the real Ed asked for the death penalty.

The show, set in the 1970's ended after only 2 season -- due to a stupid shortsighted decision by the bean counters at Netflix

I have another favorite that was cancelled for the same reasons but will wait to see what others here say

Netflix exists to make money. Why do you think they should take "a slight hit" on shows?

I'm not saying the Mindhunter decision was a good or bad one, I'm just wondering what you mean by your comments.

Netflix exists to make money. Why do you think they should take "a slight hit" on shows?

I'm not saying the Mindhunter decision was a good or bad one, I'm just wondering what you mean by your comments.
Because they don't change me by the shows I watch, but by subscribing to their channel

When the companies ran specials, etc., we probably ran a monthly subscription bill of $150.

With cancellation of some very good shows, we restructured our costs.

Forum List

Back