Nevada to join National Popular Vote compact

The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

Nevada Senate passes National Popular Vote bill on party-line vote

That’s 2 new states in less than 2 months. The NPV keeps chugging along.
Welcome aboard Nevada!

I'm proud to be a native Nevadan.

Totally Illegal and Unconstitutional and will be challenged at The Supreme Court Level and be shot down.

What's wrong Lib Tards?

Can't win anything honestly?
Nope. States can allocate electoral votes however they want :itsok:
So If Trump Loses California, but wins the popular vote this next election California has to give Trump All of it's Electoral Votes?

Do you know how idiotic that is?

That is depriving the entire State of California Representation.

Totally Unconstitutional.

More Proof that you are an idiot.

tRump didn't win the popular vote, neither did baby Bush.

Totally Illegal and Unconstitutional and will be challenged at The Supreme Court Level and be shot down.

What's wrong Lib Tards?

Can't win anything honestly?
Nope. States can allocate electoral votes however they want :itsok:
So If Trump Loses California, but wins the popular vote this next election California has to give Trump All of it's Electoral Votes?

Do you know how idiotic that is?

That is depriving the entire State of California Representation.

Totally Unconstitutional.

More Proof that you are an idiot.

tRump didn't win the popular vote, neither did baby Bush.

Bush did when he beat Kerry in 2004, but if Kerry had won Ohio, the situation from 2000 would be reversed.

We the citizens of the world know about the US more than Americans themselves, thanks to our education system and curiosity...it is a known fact that California is where it is happening. All economic indicators, factors of success, business possibilities are present...add to that the infrastructure ( major ports, airports, consulates, etc...) threats why most of us move to mainly blue cities and states....the other major factor is diversity and acceptance...that diminishes once you live blue areas.

Now tell me how how does Japan, thrive without having energy and mineral sources?
We can trade a nano product with other states vs millions of gallons of water ;).
Ohhh you need us more than we need you, trust me. Especially now the drought Is over.

Good for you, if you believe you are that superior good luck, California will never leave the US because most Californians, including my relatives there are a lot smarter than you.
Demographics in California are shifting dramatically, trust me in few years you will be super shocked.....Lot of polls actually indicated that Californians favor leaving the Union.....and let's be rational here.
You cons hate California so much, just look at how many topics are anti California....also most of us here think that we are not compatible with views of the red states....i'm conservative myself (not pro abortion, don't agree with same sex marriage, don't like too much government....) But i opt to cheer for the progressives because they tend to be more accepting, they are rational, they aim for the future and I can't say the same about the cons.

I think it will be more beneficial for California to leave. Than After we go all green, you guys can drink your oil and inhale your gas (kidding).....or we can just import it from Venezuela and Iran just to piss you off lol.
"More accepting?" Talk to a black Conservative and ask them how accepting progressives are. Ask them how many times they've been called "Uncle Tom" and "Coon" by progressives.
I agree with that term, as the GOP is a racist party.

The GOP is NOT a racist party. I would argue that the left is far more racists than the right. They are the ones using identity politics at every turn. Everything is about race and/or gender with the left...everything. There are a few out-right racists on both sides, but the middle of the road leftist gets away with racist policies without being scrutinized, while the middle of the road Republican gets labeled a racist when he/she disagrees with racist policy set for by the left.
Every minority I know vote anti GOP and is a known fact that the righr is racist...I dont even know what you talking about with all due respect. Trump ran on a racist platform, alt right are racists, the nationalists vote for the GOP, anti muslims are righties, so are anti blacks, anti Latinos, anti refugees, legals and illegals.
The exit polls proves it, so does trump administration that has mainly whites...I dont even know why this is up for discussion.

In these forums cons are proud before and racists....just read the topics.

Good for you, if you believe you are that superior good luck, California will never leave the US because most Californians, including my relatives there are a lot smarter than you.
Demographics in California are shifting dramatically, trust me in few years you will be super shocked.....Lot of polls actually indicated that Californians favor leaving the Union.....and let's be rational here.
You cons hate California so much, just look at how many topics are anti California....also most of us here think that we are not compatible with views of the red states....i'm conservative myself (not pro abortion, don't agree with same sex marriage, don't like too much government....) But i opt to cheer for the progressives because they tend to be more accepting, they are rational, they aim for the future and I can't say the same about the cons.

I think it will be more beneficial for California to leave. Than After we go all green, you guys can drink your oil and inhale your gas (kidding).....or we can just import it from Venezuela and Iran just to piss you off lol.
"More accepting?" Talk to a black Conservative and ask them how accepting progressives are. Ask them how many times they've been called "Uncle Tom" and "Coon" by progressives.

The GOP is NOT a racist party. I would argue that the left is far more racists than the right. They are the ones using identity politics at every turn. Everything is about race and/or gender with the left...everything. There are a few out-right racists on both sides, but the middle of the road leftist gets away with racist policies without being scrutinized, while the middle of the road Republican gets labeled a racist when he/she disagrees with racist policy set for by the left.
Every minority I know vote anti GOP and is a known fact that the righr is racist...I dont even know what you talking about with all due respect. Trump ran on a racist platform, alt right are racists, the nationalists vote for the GOP, anti muslims are righties, so are anti blacks, anti Latinos, anti refugees, legals and illegals.
The exit polls proves it, so does trump administration that has mainly whites...I dont even know why this is up for discussion.

I Live and work with mostly Democrats, and I guarantee there are lots of racists that are Democrats, they are just not out in the open. They will act nice to your face however...

Than let it be...why leading states like California has to be held back by states that dont wanna progress and go forward ?
Countries are going high tech and clean energy, and some wanna go back to coal and diesel.

Where would California get it’s power? In 2010 California paid 45% more for their energy than the average American 25% of its energy was imported. 2016, California imports 33% of its energy. California leads the nation in blackouts with 470 a year. Try surviving without other states.

California uses fire fighters from other states, including the military, leave the US and you lose fire fighting help.

California has the highest homeless population, it now has an outbreak of a third world country disease typhus and other diseases because of unsanitary living conditions. ‘Medieval’ Diseases Flare As Unsanitary Living Conditions Proliferate

Valley Fever is getting worse, with record outbreaks coming this year. Valley Fever cases in California continue to increase

STDs are on the rise in California a 244% increase with infants contracting congenital syphilis. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Sexually Transmitted Disease Rates Continue To Rise In California

Lyme disease is on the rise in California. Lyme Disease is On the Rise – An Expert Explains Why

California also faces a skilled worker shortage which is projected to get worse by 2025. California is at almost a crisis state in finding qualified teachers. https://www.ppic.org/publication/californias-need-for-skilled-workers/

Lack of workers will hurt the California economy. Labor shortage could slow California's economy | CALmatters

California is facing a worker shortage on farms which could produce higher cost for produce.

There is also a doctor and nursing shortage.

California faces a shortage of legal marijuana. California is working to avoid a shortage of legalized marijuana, state pot czar says

And of course California has a water shortage. California Household Water Shortage Data

Then there is the issue of education. California's children fall behind before they start school, and some never catch up, study finds

All the while the affordable housing crisis in California hurts the states ability to attract and keep teachers. California's housing affordability crisis looms over the state's problems with teachers

So the rest of the United States is holding California back on power? Nope! Supplying teachers? Nope. Third world diseases? Nope. Job shortages? Nope! Affordable housing? Nope. Fire fighting? Nope. Water? Nope. Some of California’s progress seems to be going in reverse.
We can do all that through trade. Tell me how Japa. And countries do it.
You dont have to have everything....we give you food you give us your energy, water, etc...and WA and OR will be good addition as they have the same ambitions.

You know what makes me laugh, all these propaganda about how terrible California is, but yet the state is still the biggest economy, outpaced the US GDP growth and job creation national average, most technology you use comes from here, the entertainment that you watch comes from here, your unfortunate migrate here to make it. Everywhere I step a foot is busy and booming. Who are you kidding ?

Neither Oregon or Washington would be stupid enough to leave the United States. If you can’t figure it out after all the links I posted, I’m not wasting my time. Best to you on your quest, you might want to go to other states and see how great they actually are, you sound pretty ignorant outside of California.
We the citizens of the world know about the US more than Americans themselves, thanks to our education system and curiosity...it is a known fact that California is where it is happening. All economic indicators, factors of success, business possibilities are present...add to that the infrastructure ( major ports, airports, consulates, etc...) threats why most of us move to mainly blue cities and states....the other major factor is diversity and acceptance...that diminishes once you live blue areas.

Now tell me how how does Japan, thrive without having energy and mineral sources?
We can trade a nano product with other states vs millions of gallons of water ;).
Ohhh you need us more than we need you, trust me. Especially now the drought Is over.

and the streets of LA and SFO are full of homeless, covered with human waste and used needles. Is that your definition of success?
The homeless are Americans that come from everywhere , most have addiction pro lena, veterans and mentally illl... they come here because of the weather and the help they get.

I Live and work with mostly Democrats, and I guarantee there are lots of racists that are Democrats, they are just not out in the open. They will act nice to your face however...
I am sure you have more racists...the smaller the state, town the more racist. Simply people aren't exposed to other culture and are prone to form a negative opinion on other cultures through the media.
Unless you meet an Arab or muslim, most Americans think they all live in the desert, more likely to be a wife beater, potential terrorist.
I dont have this issue in west Los Angeles where I live, people know a lot about my religion and culture due to the fact they come across many mislims, most have travelled abroad and so forth.

Where would California get it’s power? In 2010 California paid 45% more for their energy than the average American 25% of its energy was imported. 2016, California imports 33% of its energy. California leads the nation in blackouts with 470 a year. Try surviving without other states.

California uses fire fighters from other states, including the military, leave the US and you lose fire fighting help.

California has the highest homeless population, it now has an outbreak of a third world country disease typhus and other diseases because of unsanitary living conditions. ‘Medieval’ Diseases Flare As Unsanitary Living Conditions Proliferate

Valley Fever is getting worse, with record outbreaks coming this year. Valley Fever cases in California continue to increase

STDs are on the rise in California a 244% increase with infants contracting congenital syphilis. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Sexually Transmitted Disease Rates Continue To Rise In California

Lyme disease is on the rise in California. Lyme Disease is On the Rise – An Expert Explains Why

California also faces a skilled worker shortage which is projected to get worse by 2025. California is at almost a crisis state in finding qualified teachers. https://www.ppic.org/publication/californias-need-for-skilled-workers/

Lack of workers will hurt the California economy. Labor shortage could slow California's economy | CALmatters

California is facing a worker shortage on farms which could produce higher cost for produce.

There is also a doctor and nursing shortage.

California faces a shortage of legal marijuana. California is working to avoid a shortage of legalized marijuana, state pot czar says

And of course California has a water shortage. California Household Water Shortage Data

Then there is the issue of education. California's children fall behind before they start school, and some never catch up, study finds

All the while the affordable housing crisis in California hurts the states ability to attract and keep teachers. California's housing affordability crisis looms over the state's problems with teachers

So the rest of the United States is holding California back on power? Nope! Supplying teachers? Nope. Third world diseases? Nope. Job shortages? Nope! Affordable housing? Nope. Fire fighting? Nope. Water? Nope. Some of California’s progress seems to be going in reverse.
You dont have to have everything....we give you food you give us your energy, water, etc...and WA and OR will be good addition as they have the same ambitions.

You know what makes me laugh, all these propaganda about how terrible California is, but yet the state is still the biggest economy, outpaced the US GDP growth and job creation national average, most technology you use comes from here, the entertainment that you watch comes from here, your unfortunate migrate here to make it. Everywhere I step a foot is busy and booming. Who are you kidding ?

Neither Oregon or Washington would be stupid enough to leave the United States. If you can’t figure it out after all the links I posted, I’m not wasting my time. Best to you on your quest, you might want to go to other states and see how great they actually are, you sound pretty ignorant outside of California.

and the streets of LA and SFO are full of homeless, covered with human waste and used needles. Is that your definition of success?
The homeless are Americans that come from everywhere , most have addiction pro lena, veterans and mentally illl... they come here because of the weather and the help they get.

So the homeless having a health crisis is because they are taken care of? How many of those homeless are help and are no longer homeless in California?

I am sure you have more racists...the smaller the state, town the more racist. Simply people aren't exposed to other culture and are prone to form a negative opinion on other cultures through the media.
Unless you meet an Arab or muslim, most Americans think they all live in the desert, more likely to be a wife beater, potential terrorist.
I dont have this issue in west Los Angeles where I live, people know a lot about my religion and culture due to the fact they come across many mislims, most have travelled abroad and so forth.

I have known Muslims for decades, some are fine others not so fine, same as other religions. Your stereotyping shows me you have never traveled small town America. The Democrats that were racist weren’t in a small town, but nice try.

So the homeless having a health crisis is because they are taken care of? How many of those homeless are help and are no longer homeless in California?
A lot refuse help.

I have known Muslims for decades, some are fine others not so fine, same as other religions. Your stereotyping shows me you have never traveled small town America. The Democrats that were racist weren’t in a small town, but nice try.
I'm a minority and I know what I'm talking about. Unless you are too, you wont know much about who the is more racist.

A lot refuse help.

You said they get help, now you say they refuse help, so how do they get help?

I ran a business and it was a city building, the city said we could not kick them out of common areas and they smelled took up space that our customers would normally sit, so I started giving them a couple bucks and asked them to go sit at City Hall, the city asked me to stop, I told them if they didn’t like it change the law and I wasn’t sacrificing my business for their social program. The city changed their policy. If the city wants to placate the homeless, fine but I wasn’t going to.

I'm a minority and I know what I'm talking about. Unless you are too, you wont know much about who the is more racist.

Your ignorance of small town America is obvious. You are stereotyping, many racists do the same.

A lot refuse help.

I ran a business and it was a city building, the city said we could not kick them out of common areas and they smelled took up space that our customers would normally sit, so I started giving them a couple bucks and asked them to go sit at City Hall, the city asked me to stop, I told them if they didn’t like it change the law and I wasn’t sacrificing my business for their social program. The city changed their policy. If the city wants to placate the homeless, fine but I wasn’t going to.
There are shelters, food banks, and so many programs allocated by the city and other non profit organizations...some just dont want to be helped. You canr lock people against their willl... I guarantee you most of them are not from here, just like almost the majoriry... California is the America of America....everyone comes here to try and make it. So out of the millions some thousands ended up in rough circumstances. I dont see drove of people moving to Idaho for example.

A lot refuse help.

There are shelters, food banks, and so many programs allocated by the city and other non profit organizations...some just dont want to be helped. You canr lock people against their willl... I guarantee you most of them are not from here, just like almost the majoriry... California is the America of America....everyone comes here to try and make it. So out of the millions some thousands ended up in rough circumstances. I dont see drove of people moving to Idaho for example.

Every other state have shelters, food banks and other programs and other non profits organizations. Californians is no different in that regard, you said the difference was California helped its homeless people. It seems California is no different than any other state, it’s that they allow them to pee and crap anywhere. Doesn’t seem like a good way to stay healthy.

The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

Nevada Senate passes National Popular Vote bill on party-line vote

That’s 2 new states in less than 2 months. The NPV keeps chugging along.
Nevada is getting better and better. Now it also has a majority of women in its state legislature.
Identify means more to you then results?

A lot refuse help.

If you haven’t been outside California to see the beauty and the people of this country, then you are ignorant and all you are doing now is stereotyping and showing your bigotry and racism.

It seems that a lot of folks that argue for the sanctity of the Electoral College really don't have a clue how it works. It is totally up to the states to determine how to select their electors. There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states or that a public vote needs to be held at all to determine the electors.

Forum List

Back