Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Never Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
May 3, 2011
My house
Today is Holocaust National Remembrance Day.
We must never forget
And never let it happen to Jewish people again

8969936_448x252.jpg

Holocaust Items put on display for remembrance...

~Photo of 80-year-old bear at link below~

Holocaust survivor Stella Knobel's teddy bear on display at the memorial's "Gathering the Fragments" exhibit at Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial and museum in Jerusalem, Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013., Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013. When Stella Knobel's family had to flee World War II Poland in 1939, the only thing the 7-year-old girl could take with her was her teddy bear. For the next six years, the stuffed animal never left her side as the family wondered through the Soviet Union, to Iran and finally the Holy Land. "He was like family. He was all I had. He knew all my secrets," the 80-year-old now says with a smile. "I saved him all these years. But I worried what would happen to him when I died." So when she heard about a project launched by Israel's national Holocaust memorial and museum to collect artifacts from aging survivors - before they, and their stories, were lost forever - she reluctantly handed over her beloved bear Misiu - Polish for “Teddy Bear”- so the fading memories of the era could be preserved for others.

Credits: Bostondotcom

It is said the some of the condemned Jews of Europe would sing this song as they were lead to the gas chambers. Now it is the national Anthem of the Jewish state of Israel. I think I posted before, but I'll do it again with the words on this thread

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af6VgvkWq48]Israel National Anthem - Hatikva- (with lyrics) by Jaimina Johnston - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you
De nada, Lipush. My heart goes out to those whose families were torn away from them in that awful time.

If you don't mind me asking, are you Jewish?:redface:
Thanks for asking, no, I'm just an Army brat who grew up moving once a year every year as dad changed assignments and later on, teaching jobs, frequently. If you have ever seen the movie, "The Great Santini," you have a fairly good idea of what our homelife was like. The years we lived near my grandparents, we were Presbyterians, and I still am in a shirt-tail kind of way. I grew very fond of the Old Testament the years I taught Sunday School, though, and I read it every night. I'm reviewing Psalms of King David, currently. I really like that man, though I didn't used to. What I like about him is his total devotion to God and his acknowledgment of error when he made one. When I was younger, his "errors" made me mad. Now, I realize we all make errors, and acknowledging them and not repeating them again is a good way to go. Our church in Wyoming started meeting by invitation of the Jewish synagogue on Poplar in the Oil Capital of the Rockies. When members built their own church, they always shared a feast of Thanksgiving with the Jewish folks who were so kind to lend their facilities out to us. I think those two congregations' fellowship times rocked! :)

De nada, Lipush. My heart goes out to those whose families were torn away from them in that awful time.

Thanks for asking, no, I'm just an Army brat who grew up moving once a year every year as dad changed assignments and later on, teaching jobs, frequently. If you have ever seen the movie, "The Great Santini," you have a fairly good idea of what our homelife was like. The years we lived near my grandparents, we were Presbyterians, and I still am in a shirt-tail kind of way. I grew very fond of the Old Testament the years I taught Sunday School, though, and I read it every night. I'm reviewing Psalms of King David, currently. I really like that man, though I didn't used to. What I like about him is his total devotion to God and his acknowledgment of error when he made one. When I was younger, his "errors" made me mad. Now, I realize we all make errors, and acknowledging them and not repeating them again is a good way to go. Our church in Wyoming started meeting by invitation of the Jewish synagogue on Poplar in the Oil Capital of the Rockies. When members built their own church, they always shared a feast of Thanksgiving with the Jewish folks who were so kind to lend their facilities out to us. I think those two congregations' fellowship times rocked! :)

First of, nice meeting you:eusa_angel:

Not sure I've watched the movie, But I know first hand how it's like being an army brat. My parents both served our country for more than 20 years, so...

It's great to know you and the Jewish community where you live:redface: those are kind of things it's always lovely to hear.

Not sure I've watched the movie, But I know first hand how it's like being an army brat. My parents both served our country for more than 20 years, so...

It's great to know you and the Jewish community where you live:redface: those are kind of things it's always lovely to hear.
Their gracious deed of welcoming a religious community not of their own religion in such a kindly way will never be forgotten by those in our church, and the Rabbi cooks a mean turkey, too! :)

Chiune Sugihara, Japan Diplomat Who Saved 6,000 Jews During Holocaust, Remembered

Most Americans know of Oskar Schindler, the German businessman who saved more than 1,200 lives during the Holocaust by hiring Jews to work in his factories and fought Nazi efforts to remove them.

But fewer know about Chiune Sugihara, the Japanese diplomat who disobeyed his government's orders and issued visas that allowed 6,000 Jews to escape from Nazi-occupied territories via Japan.

On Sunday, as Holocaust survivors and descendants of survivors observe International Holocaust Remembrance Day, a growing and widespread community of Jews -- linked by their gratitude toward Sugihara for saving them or family members -- remembers a man once forgotten.

"Without him, many of the most accomplished minds of our world would not exist today. His legacy produced doctors, bankers, lawyers, authors, politicians, even the first Orthodox Jewish Rhodes Scholar," said Richard Salomon, a board member of the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center. The museum holds artifacts from Sugihara as part of its permanent collection, and will honor him on Sunday along with others who saved Jews during the Holocaust.

I went to Holocaust Square today to pay my respects just as I've gone to Dachau about 50 times in the past 55 years and I can still smell it.

Chiune Sugihara, Japan Diplomat Who Saved 6,000 Jews During Holocaust, Remembered

Most Americans know of Oskar Schindler, the German businessman who saved more than 1,200 lives during the Holocaust by hiring Jews to work in his factories and fought Nazi efforts to remove them.

But fewer know about Chiune Sugihara, the Japanese diplomat who disobeyed his government's orders and issued visas that allowed 6,000 Jews to escape from Nazi-occupied territories via Japan.

On Sunday, as Holocaust survivors and descendants of survivors observe International Holocaust Remembrance Day, a growing and widespread community of Jews -- linked by their gratitude toward Sugihara for saving them or family members -- remembers a man once forgotten.

"Without him, many of the most accomplished minds of our world would not exist today. His legacy produced doctors, bankers, lawyers, authors, politicians, even the first Orthodox Jewish Rhodes Scholar," said Richard Salomon, a board member of the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center. The museum holds artifacts from Sugihara as part of its permanent collection, and will honor him on Sunday along with others who saved Jews during the Holocaust.

Thank you, very informative.

There are many Righteous Gentiles we don't hear of, and sometimes when we hear of them we find out they're already passed away, and we don't have the ability to honor or thank them. At least we can know that they have been there for us.:redface:

Their gracious deed of welcoming a religious community not of their own religion in such a kindly way will never be forgotten by those in our church, and the Rabbi cooks a mean turkey, too! :)

m0173.gif

Yes, never should the crimes committed against humanity be forgotten. We should never forget how one group of people decided another group of people was a 'race' and that this 'race' should be eliminated. We should never forget the propaganda that tried to separate a religion, Judaism in the case of the 'holocaust', from everyone else. We should renounce that propaganda, that false idea, and not join the Nazis in its use. Continuing to implement their terms and their definitions is a crime, at least in the moral sense. Censorship is wrong for many reasons, but truth must speak louder than lies. 'Jews' are people and the crime was against all humans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back